Perhaps, dumplings with cottage cheese do not need to be introduced. And yet it is worth noting that this is not an ordinary dish. In particular, in Ukraine they are a full-fledged national treat, long since popular in all regions. Dumplings are often mentioned in the literature, they are sung songs and tell jokes.
As for recipes, there are a lot of them. We can safely talk about hundreds of options, if not thousands, because only possible combinations of ingredients for the dough are easy to make dozens: on water, milk, kefir, sour cream, whey, with and without eggs, with and without vegetable oil, soda and without baking powder at all, and so on and so forth. And there are many differences in technology, even for similar recipes.
Today we offer a variant of the test for dumplings on kefir with egg, and the filling will be made from homemade cottage cheese with vanilla.
- kefir - 500 g;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- salt - 10 g;
- flour of the highest grade - 1, 1 kg;
- baking soda - 2 tsp;
- homemade cottage cheese - 500 g;
- sugar - 200 g;
- vanilla sugar - 1 bag;
- butter - 40 g;
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: 10 servings.
1. Before you start kneading dough, prepare the flour. Sift it through a sieve twice so that it is enriched with oxygen and our dumplings are airy. Then proceed directly to the preparation of the dough. To do this, in a deep bowl, break eggs. Add salt and mix well.
2. Then in the egg mixture we pour in very sour kefir and add flour. Knead the dough. While you can knead with a spoon.
3. We shift the dough to the table, sprinkled with flour, add soda and knead the dough well, so that it lags behind the hands.
4. From the dough we form a ball, flush with flour, cover it with a bowl and leave to rest for ten minutes.
5. At this time we are preparing the filling for dumplings. Put cottage cheese in a bowl, add granulated sugar and vanilla sugar, mix it.
6. From the rested dough we cut the sausages, cut them into small pieces and roll them. Put a teaspoon of filling and sculpt our dumpling.
7. Dumplings must be well closed, otherwise it will melt and remain empty.
8. In a saucepan with boiling water we throw in our dumplings and boil for four minutes.
9. Take out the dumplings in a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and pour with butter. Home-made dumplings with cottage cheese are ready. Can be served at the table.