It’s hard to find someone who wouldn’t like strawberries. Any dish cooked with this berry turns into an exquisite dessert - fragrant, sweet and at the same time also healthy. If you serve for breakfast or for dessert dumplings with strawberries, it will be eaten with pleasure not only by children, but also by adults. Any hostess can make this delicacy from fresh or frozen berries, so you can savor dumplings with strawberries every day.
The process of cooking dumplings with strawberries is not a big deal. Of course, it will take a little time and effort to knead the dough, but even an inexperienced cook can cope with it. You just need to know a few points that need to be considered to get a perfect result.
- Dough for dumplings can be made on water, milk or kefir. In all cases, it is important to get the dough of the desired consistency: soft, but not sticky, elastic, but not too dense. To obtain such a dough, you need to know that flour on any dough is required to sift to rid it of litter and saturate it with oxygen. Sprinkle it gradually until the dough is as it should be. To increase its elasticity, vegetable oil is added, usually with 0.5 kg of flour, 1-2 tablespoons of butter are enough.
- Experienced cooks always give the dough time to “relax”, that is, stand for 30-60 minutes. So that it does not wind up during this time, you can cover it with cling film or a bowl.
- Some cook strawberry dumplings without sugar, rightly believing that this berry is sweet enough. Sugar contributes to the secretion of juice, and the refusal to use it not only makes the dish less calorie, but also reduces the risk that the dough will soften and break. However, if you do not get too sweet strawberries, sugar can not do.
- If you use frozen strawberries for stuffing, let it thaw before cooking and put in a strainer, wait for excess liquid to drain. Keep in mind that the frozen berry is more sour than fresh, so you will need to add more sugar to the filling.
- So that the dough does not soak under the action of strawberry juice, it can be thickened with the help of starch. For this berry, put on a piece of dough, sprinkle with a small amount of starch, and only then wrap. A lot of starch is not required, it is enough just slightly to powder the berry.
- In case of violation of the cooking technology, the dumplings stick together and become unaesthetic. To avoid this, for cooking you need to use a wide saucepan that can hold a sufficient amount of water. Dumplings are dipped in already boiled water, and not all at once, but one by one. After the ascent of the dumplings, wait another 3-4 minutes, then remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Ready-made dumplings should be greased with sour cream, butter or vegetable oil, whipped cream. Otherwise, they stick together already on the plate, which does not make them more appetizing.
Dumplings with strawberries can be served not only with sour cream. Much more often they are sprinkled with powdered sugar or poured over syrup. Unsweetened or dessert yogurt can also be a good addition.
Dumplings with fresh strawberries
- flour - 0, 35 kg;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- milk - 100 ml;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- water - 50 ml;
- strawberries - 0, 5-0, 7 kg;
- starch - 20 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- butter - 50 g;
- icing sugar - to taste;
- mint (optional) - how much will go;
- sugar - to taste.
- Sift flour. Approximately 2/3 of the flour is poured into a bowl, mixed with salt.
- Make a well in the flour, break an egg into it, pour in milk and water. Stir with a spoon.
- Add oil, stir again. After pouring flour in small portions, knead the dough.
- When the dough stops sticking to your hands, cover it with cling film and set aside.
- Dip strawberries for a short time in cool water, then wash each berry. At the same time, remove the leaves. Then let the berry dry, laying it on a paper towel. Large berries cut in half or even into 4 parts.
- Roll the dough into a layer about 2-2,5 mm thick. Using a cup, cut from dough circles with a diameter of 6-7 cm.
- On each circle, place the berry or its piece, if you get a large berry. Sprinkle with starch and sugar.
- Connect and tightly blind the edges.
- Boil the dumplings in boiling water.
- Putting on a plate, brush with butter, sprinkle with powdered sugar, decorate with a sprig of mint.
Dumplings made from fresh strawberries look fresh and tempting. Their taste will not disappoint you either.
Dumplings with frozen strawberries in a slow cooker
- flour - 0, 5 kg;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- kefir - 0, 3 l;
- dry yeast - 5 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - to taste;
- starch - 20 g;
- frozen strawberries - 0, 5 kg.
- Thaw the berry, let it drip. Use a sharp knife to cut the berries into large pieces.
- Heat kefir to room temperature or slightly higher. Break an egg into it, whisk with a blender.
- Put two tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of salt in kefir, stir.
- Sift flour and mix with dry yeast.
- Combine the flour with the kefir-egg mixture and knead the dough. Put it for an hour and a half in a warm place to fit.
- Roll out the dough, cut circles with a cup.
- For each circle, put a teaspoon of strawberries, sprinkle with starch and sugar.
- Form dumplings and place them on the multicooker grill, after having been lubricated with vegetable oil.
- Pour a glass of water into the multicooker bowl. Start the device for 10 minutes by setting the steam cooking mode.
- In the same way, boil the rest of the products.
- In strawberry juice, poured from frozen berries, add sugar and some water, boil syrup.
- Pour the syrup over the dumplings before serving.
Additionally, the dish can be decorated with whipped cream. With them, dumplings with strawberries will be even tastier.
Dumplings with strawberries and cottage cheese
- cottage cheese - 0, 5 kg;
- fresh strawberries - 0, 4 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- sugar - 150 g;
- flour - 0, 4 kg;
- butter - 40 g;
- cookies (“To tea” or similar) - 150 g;
- vanilla sugar - 15 g.
- Curd the curd through a sieve.
- Grind cookies with a blender or coffee grinder.
- In the bowl, break the eggs, whisk them with a whisk, adding vanilla and regular sugar.
- Put cottage cheese and softened butter in a bowl with eggs, mix well.
- After adding flour, knead the curd dough.
- Wash and dry the strawberries. The best thing for this dish fit the berries of medium size, about the same size.
- Roll the dough with sausage, cut a piece and form a rather thick (about 5 mm) flat cake.
- In the center of the cake, place the strawberries, fasten the edges and roll the dumpling into a bowl. Just make other dumplings with strawberries.
- Boil the dumplings for 5 minutes in boiling water, remove with a skimmer and roll in the crumbs from the cookies. Roll dumplings in the crumb need one by one, ensuring that the crumb covered them from all sides.
- Put the dumplings in the fridge so that the crumbs do not crumble. Do not rush to remove them from the refrigerator: they must cool completely.
These dumplings are best served cold as a dessert. Especially children will like it, as it looks like vanilla ice cream. The taste of the dish is unique. If you decorate the dessert with whipped cream, it will be even tastier and, of course, more beautiful. Such dumplings are not ashamed to be put on the festive table - they will become a real decoration of it.
Dumplings with strawberries can be very different, but according to whatever recipe you make them, they will decorate the table. This hearty and at the same time sweet dish will be enjoyed not only by adults, but also by children. In addition, this delicacy can be attributed to the number of the most useful desserts.