Kurnik in Russia was called “the royal pie”, it was prepared for major holidays (the Trinity, the wedding feast). Traditional baking recipes are quite complex. For it, two types of dough were usually used: yeast or shortbread for the base and pancake for the filling layer. Subsequently, the cake recipes were simplified, the filling was often made single-layer, but the chicken hen still remains one of the most delicious baking options, and we are not ashamed to put it on the festive table. One of the most delicious and simple versions of the flour basis for kurnik is the dough on kefir. From it you can make and the basis of the cake, and the layer, you need only to find a suitable recipe.
Dough on kefir for kurnik is prepared relatively simply and quickly, however, without knowing some important points, the expected result can not be obtained.
- Kurnik is one of the festive dishes, it is not customary to save on food. Choosing high-quality flour, you can be sure that the cake from it will turn out tasty and appetizing in appearance. The dough for kurnik often includes butter. Replace it with margarine is possible, but not desirable.
- Flour for any kind of dough should be sifted. The purpose of this manipulation is not only to clean the product from small litter and flour bugs. The main task is to saturate the flour with oxygen. Sifted flour becomes light and friable, it mixes well with other ingredients, without forming lumps. Products made from such flour are more tender to the taste, airy and crumbly.
- On the yogurt for kurnik usually mix shortbread dough. It does not like the warmth of human hands. In the first stages, it is advisable to stir the ingredients not with your hands, but with a spatula or spoon, but you will still have to manually complete the kneading process. Products for short pastry it is preferable to use cold, although the oil is sometimes melted or softened for it. After kneading, the dough is cooled for one hour by placing it in the main chamber of the refrigerator. Before that, it is placed in a bag or wrapped in cling wrap to prevent it from becoming chapped.
You can make pancake dough on kefir for a layer of kurnik filling. Sandwich cake already baked pancakes.
Dough for kurnik on kefir without eggs
- wheat flour - 0, 6-0, 7 kg;
- butter - 0, 2 kg;
- sugar - 5 g;
- salt - 2 g;
- soda - 2 g;
- kefir - 0, 25 l.
Method of preparation:
- Sift the flour, temporarily set aside.
- Melt the butter in a water bath or in a microwave. This can be done over low heat if you are sure that you can achieve this by not allowing the oil to boil.
- Kefir, without heating, pour into the bowl, add salt, soda, sugar to it. Mix well.
- Combine kefir with melted butter, whisk the products with a whisk to obtain a homogeneous liquid.
- Pour the flour into the liquid mixture in parts and stir the products with a spatula. When the dough becomes so thick that it becomes difficult to stir it with a spatula, put it on the table and finish the process with your hands. The dough should be soft, but not sticking to the hands.
- Roll the dough into a ball, place it in a plastic bag and put it in the refrigerator for an hour.
After the indicated time, the dough should be divided into two unequal parts, rolled into layers of different diameters. A larger layer is placed in a baking dish, pressed to the bottom and sides of the mold, dried in a preheated oven, filled with filling, covered with a smaller layer, and the cake is brought to the oven in readiness.
Dough for kurnik on kefir with eggs
- wheat flour - 0, 7 kg;
- kefir - 0, 2 l;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- butter or margarine - 150 g;
- soda - 3 g;
- salt - 3 g;
- sugar - 20 g.
Method of preparation:
- Break eggs into a bowl, add sugar and salt to them, beat with a whisk or a mixer.
- Melt butter or margarine, allow the product to cool so that the eggs do not clot from contact with it.
- Add butter to the eggs, whisk them together.
- In kefir, add soda, mix, pour in other products, mix well.
- In parts, add sifted flour to the liquid mixture, knead the dough.
- Make a bun from the dough, wrap it with cling film and put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
It is possible to work with the dough only after it has cooled well. Pie from it turns out tasty and crumbly. You can make from this dough not only Kornik, but also a cake with a sweet filling.
Pancake dough for kurnik on kefir (for sandwiching the filling)
- wheat flour - 0, 3 kg;
- kefir - 125 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 80 ml;
- sugar - 20 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- soda - 5 g;
- salt - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- Remove the kefir from the refrigerator beforehand, by the time it is cooked, it should be at room temperature.
- Add soda and salt to kefir, stir, wait for the reaction (soda reacts with acid, this is accompanied by foaming).
- Beat egg with sugar and mix with kefir. Beat them together.
- Sift the flour, add it to the liquid base, mix well to get a homogeneous mass, the consistency of sour cream. To facilitate the task, you can use a mixer. It is better to use the nozzle in the form of a corkscrew - it was created specifically for making dough.
- Add sour cream to the dough, stir it again.
The pan for making pancakes from this type of dough may not be lubricated or coated with a thin layer of oil using a cooking brush. The dough contains a lot of vegetable oil, so that pancakes do not burn.
The dough for kurnik on kefir can be made and pancake, and shortbread. Shortbread is used to bake the base of the cake, it comes out tender and crumbly, melts in your mouth. They make pancakes from pancake dough, which are used for sandwich filling. After all, the traditional version of this festive cake contains several layers of filling, which most often include chicken, mushrooms, some cereals, vegetables.