At first glance, eclairs are preparing very easily, but one small circumstance can spoil the whole picture - the fact that chicken eggs can differ from each other in weight almost twice. And for choux pastry it is very important: make it a bit thinner - and instead of high hollow cake blanks, you will get muffled pancakes that look thicker - eclairs will not rise and will be dense and heavy. To guess the consistency from the first time, look at the photo of the dough, and add eggs not all at once, but in small portions, having previously shaken them up in some container. Another important note is that the eclair billets do not fall off after baking, they should be well dried, but it is better not to open the oven for testing until almost the very end of cooking.
- butter (for dough and cream) - 250 g;
- 1 cup of flour;
- 200 ml of water;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- boiled condensed milk - 1/2 cans.
1. First of all, prepare all the products for the test.
2. Butter, or rather its part - 150 g - put in a saucepan (you can in a water bath).
3. Add water to the same place.
4. When the butter has melted, and the water in the pan begins to boil, add the sifted flour and begin to rub the dough with a spoon to a uniform state, without removing it from the heat. When the mixture thickens and remains lump free, remove the pan from the oven.
5. In a small bowl, beat three eggs with a fork.
6. When the dough has cooled slightly, pour the eggs into it and knead well.
7. We bake the baking sheet with baking paper. Using a pastry bag (or just two spoons), squeeze the dough onto a baking sheet. The distance between eclairs should be about 5 centimeters, since in the process they will increase.
8. You need to bake the billet for 15 minutes at a set temperature of 200 degrees. After that, it is necessary to reduce the temperature to 150 minutes and bake from 15 to 20 minutes. Blanks for eclairs are ready.
9. To make a cream, put condensed milk and butter in a bowl.
10. Beat the products with a mixer until a uniform consistency.
11. Fill a confectionery syringe with cream, make a small hole in the ecla with a nozzle and fill it with cream. Dessert is ready!