Sometimes, when we buy an undisturbed perch at a fish store, we get caviar as a bonus at home when cleaning. Involuntarily the question arises: "What to do with it?". We answer: “Salt it!” And today we will offer you some interesting recipes.
At the very beginning, I would like to inform you that the perch is a predatory fish, therefore, the preparation of dishes from it requires special attention. In particular, the use of perch fillet and / or caviar without prior heat treatment threatens diphyllobothriasis. At your own risk, you can pickle perch spawn in the same way as, for example, salted caviar of trout, but he cared, as they say, and God saves.
Salting caviar of perch with spices
You will need:
- perch roe,
- water - 1 liter,
- salt - 2 tablespoons,
- coriander - 1 tsp,
- bay leaf - 2 pieces,
- black pepper - 10-15 peas,
- ground black pepper to taste.
- Caviar should be removed from the pouches. The easiest option is to use a spoon.
- Spawn in a bowl.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add spices and set on fire. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Fill the caviar with cooked marinade, stirring well. Leave for 20 minutes.
- After the designated time has elapsed, water from the caviar should be drained using a colander or gauze.
- Now the saucepan with caviar should be put in a water bath and, stirring constantly for 20 minutes, bring the product to readiness.
- If desired, a little more salt, citric acid and vegetable oil can be added to the finished caviar. Store the product in a tightly closed jar in the refrigerator.
A simple way of salting the perch caviar
You will need:
- perch roe - 1 kg,
- coarse stone salt - 4 tablespoons,
- salt - at the tip of a teaspoon,
- water - 2 liters,
- little vegetable - to taste.
- Put the peeled caviar in a saucepan.
- In another pot, pour 1 liter of water, add 2 tablespoons of coarse rock salt and set on fire. Boil.
- Pour salmon caviar with brine (be careful if there is sediment in the solution, for example, sand impurities, then make sure that it does not get into the caviar).
- Mix the eggs thoroughly with a fork.
- Take a small strainer and try using it to transfer all the eggs to another bowl.
- Repeat 2-4 cooking steps.
- Now the spawn should be clean. Using a strainer, transfer the caviar to a larger strainer, and let all the water from the calf drain.
- Put the caviar in the jar. Top with a little (at the tip of a teaspoon) sprinkle with caviar with fine salt, mix well. Pour some vegetable oil. Close the jar tightly and put it in the fridge. After 4-5 hours, caviar is ready to eat. Enjoy your meal!