Delicious crispy protein treats called “meringues” are familiar to many people not by hearsay, but not everyone knows how to cook meringues in the oven. In fact, there is nothing difficult in making meringue, the main thing is to thoroughly beat the whites, and then not bake them, but “dry” in the oven at a low temperature. If you want the finished “bezheski” to look like a work of art, then use a cooking syringe with different nozzles - the protein mass keeps its shape perfectly and all the patterns will be clearly visible.
List of ingredients:
- 2 egg whites,
- 100 g of sugar (or 50 g of powdered sugar + 50 g of sugar),
- 1 pinch of salt,
- 1 tsp. vanilla sugar,
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil.
1. Separate the whites from the yolks. It seems to be a simple procedure, but everything must be done carefully so that parts of the yolk are not mixed with proteins.
2. Add a pinch of salt to the proteins and start beating with a mixer at medium speed until the proteins are converted to light air foam.
3. Now you can increase the speed of the mixer and start pouring icing sugar. Beat about 3-4 minutes.
4. The protein mass becomes denser and thicker. When the powdered sugar is over, start pouring in the sugar.
5. After another 3-4 minutes, when the mass becomes as dense as possible and the peaks are stable, perform a readiness test - turn the bowl over. Protein mass should not even move.
6. Cover the baking sheet with baking paper and grease with butter. Put small portions of protein mass on a baking tray with a spoon, using a pastry bag or a regular bag. Bake at once the entire volume of the protein mass, as it loses its properties when “perebbing”. The specified number of ingredients is enough for approximately 1, 5 large baking sheets.
7. Bake the meringues in the oven at a temperature of 100 degrees or a little less in the region of 1, 5-2 hours, although it may be enough hours if the “bezheski” are small. Serve meringue for tea or cocoa.