Corn is a wholesome, versatile product suitable for preparing various dishes.
Corn makes delicious salads, canned food, main dishes, and soups.
Soups with corn are different, there are many recipes, it all depends on what exactly you want to get: a light diet soup, a hearty meal, a cream soup, and maybe something new and not yet tested.
We offer you a selection of the best recipes for soups with canned corn.
Canned Corn Soup - General Cooking Principles
Corn soup is a delicious dish that almost everyone likes. Corn gives the dish an unusual taste, aroma, interesting color and texture. Even ordinary and long-loved first courses will sparkle with new bright colors, if you add a little corn when cooking.
Prepare soups with corn on the water, beef, chicken, vegetable broth, milk and cream, and even in tomato sauce. This ingredient goes with everything.
The easiest way to prepare a dish of canned product, it does not require pre-treatment, and it is prepared very quickly. However, you can cook soups and fresh or frozen corn. In this case, it is better to acquire medium cobs, into small grains too small and hard to get them from the cob, and they are crumpled often, and in large maize is often already harsh.
Additional ingredients of the soup can be any vegetables: tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, carrots, and more. As well as meat, mushrooms, pasta, beans and cereals.
For cooking, use the spices, but not very fragrant, otherwise the taste of a delicate dish will not be so soft. Usually for seasoning enough black or white pepper. You can put some herbs, anise, coriander. It is better not to put spices in milk soups. But you should not regret the greenery, it gives the dish a fresh flavor note.
Canned corn soup can be hot or cold, it all depends on the recipe and the incoming ingredients. Serve the dish, seasoning with sour cream, cream, sprinkling with fresh herbs, grated cheese, white or black croutons.
Recipe 1. Chicken Soup with Corn and Mushrooms
• half a kilo of chicken;
• two potatoes;
• 5-6 champignons;
• two small bulbs;
• Bell pepper;
• 100 g canned corn;
• 80 grams of vermicelli;
• two liters of water;
• green onion feathers;
• salt, olive oil, pepper.
1. Put the washed chicken in a saucepan with water. Cook after boiling, lightly salt the broth and put one clean whole onion, about 20 minutes, until meat is ready.
2. While the chicken is cooking, clean all the vegetables. Cut carrots into thin slices, sweet pepper into half rings, potatoes in small cubes.
3. Cut the mushrooms into 8 parts, finely chop the second onion.
4. Put onion on hot oil, fry for a couple of minutes, add mushrooms and some salt. Fry until evaporation of moisture.
5. Add sweet pepper to the champignons, fry, stirring, until the ingredients have a delicious rosy color.
6. From the broth take out the meat, cut it into arbitrary pieces.
7. Return the chicken to the broth, and with it put the potatoes and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add to the soup a fragrant mushroom stir fry, give the soup to cook for another 5 minutes.
9. In the last turn, lay out the corn and noodles. Mix the dish thoroughly, cook for 4-6 minutes, turn off the heat.
10. Spill soup with corn on plates. Season with sour cream if desired, sprinkle with a green onion.
Recipe 2: Milk-tomato soup with canned corn
• maize bank (cons.);
• 500 ml of milk;
• 20-30 g butter;
• 300 ml of tomato juice;
• salt pepper;
• 100 ml high-fat whipped cream.
1. Pour milk into the pot, bring to a boil, pour corn. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on the quietest fire, not bringing the mixture to a boil.
2. Add the finely chopped onion, cook for another 10 minutes.
3. We put in butter broth, spices and salt to taste, mix.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat, pour in tomato juice and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour fragrant unusual soup in the plates, serve, putting in each serving one or two tablespoons of whipped cream.
Recipe 3: Soup with canned corn and shrimps
• 250 grams of corn;
• 50 g sweet cream butter;
• 200 g peeled shrimp;
• 400 ml of water;
• 400 ml of milk;
• 50 g flour.
1. Open the jar with canned corn, drain the liquid, and spread the seeds themselves into the blender bowl. Grind the corn to the state of mashed potatoes.
2. Put the mass in the pan, pour water, bring to a boil. Remove the corn from the heat, set aside the pan to the side.
3. In another container, melt the butter, pour, flour, actively stirring. Pour in warm milk.
4. Mix the creamy milk mixture with the corn, bring the soup to a boil.
5. Add salt, lay out the shrimp.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes and serve.
7. This soup with corn can be served with grated cheese, chopped greens and croutons.
Recipe 4: Cheese Soup with Corn
• 150 g cheese (solid or semi-solid variety);
• 100 g of bacon;
• 250 g of corn from the jar;
• 60 g of flour;
• 80 g sweet butter;
• 600 ml of broth;
• 200 ml of milk;
• 200 ml of cream;
• salt, green onion feathers.
1. Put a piece of butter in a deep frying pan or stewpan, as soon as it is melted, spread the chopped bacon and chopped green onions.
2. When the ingredients get a golden hue, add the corn. Stirring, fry for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the flour, stir.
4. Pour in a mixture of broth, cream and milk. Cook the soup after boiling for 13-15 minutes.
5. During this time, all the ingredients must be boiled, and the soup thicken.
6. Add finely grated cheese, salt and favorite spices, mix.
7. Tomim just a couple of minutes, then turn off the gas and pour the soup on plates hot.
Recipe 5: Spicy soup with canned corn
• 220 g canned corn;
• 220 g spicy canned beans (with chilli);
• two liters of broth;
• two sweet peppers;
• three potatoes;
• salt, fresh dill.
1. In boiling broth (it can be, like meat, chicken, and vegetable broth) we spread the potatoes cut into neat straw. 2. Here we also spread the grains of canned corn and beans without liquid.
3. Peel the onion and carrot, chop the onion into small cubes, carrot three on a fine grater. Sweet pepper is also cleaned and cut into thin strips.
4. Put the vegetables: carrots, peppers and onions in a frying pan, fry until soft and have a pleasant rosy color.
5. We shift the ready-made vegetable frying to the beans and corn, add salt, chopped dill, pepper. Stir. Cook for 20 minutes.
6. Serve, seasoned with sour cream.
Recipe 6: Diet soup with corn in a slow cooker
• 100 g broccoli;
• 100 g of cauliflower;
• two spoons of canned corn;
• 500-600 ml of water;
• salt, spices, green onions.
1. Cut carrots into small cubes, chop green and onions with a sharp knife.
2. Split broccoli and cauliflower into inflorescences.
3. We get corn kernels from the jar.
4. We lay out all the prepared products, leaving the green onions for decoration, in a multi-cooker bowl, fill with water.
5. Add salt and spices. All mix well.
6. Set the “Soup” or “Quenching” mode for 40 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the ready-made soup with corn onions, serve hot.
Corn Soup - Tricks and Tips
• To make the soup tasty and bright and as healthy as possible, buy corn from proven producers. As a last resort, take it in a glass jar, so at least you'll see whole, not polished grains.
• Corn goes well with meat broth, and vegetable, dairy. Therefore, you can safely take the basic recipes for cooking soups with corn for the idea and, adding something special to the recipe, prepare new and interesting first courses.
• Add to give the soup a special flavor notes of herbs, spices, herbs in a small amount.