Many different delicacies are made from corn, but the most famous corn product is, of course, popcorn. The most famous - and the easiest to prepare, but only on the condition that you have properly dried grains of special vitreous corn. If not, then the simplest thing that can be made from ordinary corn is boiled cobs. Any “root” will do for them.
Young corn kernels quickly boil in water, and boiled cobs are tasty and beautiful even with the simplest feed - laid out on a dish and sprinkled with coarse salt.
- corn - 4 cob;
- water - 2 l;
- salt - 10 g.
Total cooking time is 30 minutes. The number of servings - 2-3.
1. To choose a delicious corn, you need to understand a little about it. First, young corn has light grains, most often it has small cobs. Secondly, in order to purchase exactly the sweetcorn, it is necessary to try it, chip off one grain, and you will immediately understand whether it is sweet or not. The next thing you should notice is the leaves. Do not buy corn without leaves! If they are not there, it may indicate that she was processed and the leaves turned black.
2. Carefully clean the corn from the leaves. Put a few inner sheets on the bottom of the pan, add the stigma there too. Break the cobs into 2 - 3 parts. If the pan is large, you can not break it, but cook it whole.
3. Fill all with water and place on the stove over high heat. Young corn cooks only 5 - 10 minutes. Old cobs cook much longer than 2-3 hours.
4. Check the corn for readiness. Pierce the grain with a knife or fork, if you can do it without difficulty, the corn is ready.
5. Before serving, salt the cobs well, place on a plate and decorate with greens. The dish is ready!