How many people, so many opinions.
It would seem that it may be easier to boil eggs?
He threw into the water, waited a few minutes - and a delicious, rich breakfast is ready. But not everything is so simple.
There are many nuances that affect the end result of a simple culinary business.
How to cook eggs: tips for beginners
Some people like boiled eggs with strong protein and a hard yolk. Someone prefers that the protein kept its shape well, and the yolk was liquid or slightly grabbed at the edges. There are lovers of tender poached eggs, cooked without a shell.
In general, everyone has their own taste preferences. To get a guaranteed result, it is worth mastering the wisdom of boiling eggs. The pleasure of eating is a very important moment in a person’s life. Especially if this person is a young spouse who wants to please his beloved. Or the heiress of a rich uncle, brightens the last days of his beloved relative. Rubber, hard protein or insufficiently thick (liquid) yolk can spoil the mood.
General rules and secrets of boiling eggs:
• The size of the pan should be such that the eggs lay tight. If they swim freely, then when boiling, knocking against each other will surely crack;
• You need to cook eggs at room temperature, especially if they are laid in boiling water. The shell of cold eggs will crack, so you need to get out of the refrigerator at least half an hour before cooking;
• if you add a little salt to the water, the shell will not burst during cooking, as it will become harder;
• fresh eggs should be boiled for 3-4 minutes longer (the date of packaging should be indicated on the package);
• so that air is not collected from the blunt end, you need to pierce the shell from this side. Otherwise, the air mass may split the egg.
An egg cooked throughout culinary science will turn out exactly the way you want to see it on your plate. It will not crack in the pan and will not leak out, it will delight you with a soft or dense texture of white and yolk. The nuances of boiling eggs allow you to use them as solid components of salad or, on the contrary, soft and liquid dressing for this dish.
How to cook hard boiled eggs
Steep boiled eggs can be cooked in two main ways, laying them either in cold or in boiling water. How much to boil hard-boiled eggs depends on their size and initial water temperature.
The first method is laying in cold water. The sequence of actions is as follows:
• Wash eggs thoroughly under running water;
• put tightly in a saucepan;
• pour a small amount of cold water so that it only slightly covers the shell (eggs should not float freely);
• send to medium heat.
It is possible to say in advance how much an egg laid in cold water will boil, only approximately. It all depends on the initial temperature of the water, the power of the fire, the characteristics of the pan and even how high the terrain is in relation to the sea level. The higher the terrain, the lower the pressure of the atmosphere and, accordingly, the lower the boiling point of water (by adding some salt to the water, we increase it).
Therefore, it is necessary to navigate at the time of boiling. How many boil eggs after boiling water? In order to get a cool egg, you need to set the kitchen timer for 7-8 minutes.
The second way is to lay eggs in boiling water. In this case, the eggs must be at room temperature, otherwise they will immediately crack. Putting them into the boiling boiling water should be carefully, using a tablespoon and immersing in it to the very bottom of the pan. It is important that the shell does not hit the bottom.
How many boiled hard boiled eggs after the second boil? Eggs of small size need to boil for eight minutes, large - ten minutes. Actually, the cooking time remains the same as in the cold method of bookmarking. Boiled eggs should be removed from the boiling water with a spoon and pour cold water. Forced cooling will help to clear the shell more easily.
How to boil soft boiled eggs
For soft-boiled eggs to be tasty and beautiful, they must be the freshest. The yolk remains liquid with this cooking method. Stale raw yolk is unlikely to appeal to true gourmets. Moreover, it is easier to remove the shells from very fresh eggs. To check the freshness of a chicken egg, you can use a simple folk method: dip it in cold water.
1. For boiling soft-boiled eggs, eggs that quickly sink to the bottom are ideal. They were torn down no later than six days ago, so they retained all the taste and freshness.
2. If the egg has dropped a little, but has not touched the bottom, that is, it floats in the middle of the water layer, it will also work. The age of such a product is from one to two weeks.
3. It is unsuitable for boiling soft-boiled eggs that have remained floating on the surface of the water. They were torn down about a month ago. You can still use such a product (for example, in home baking), but you shouldn’t make soft-boiled cooking.
How to boil soft boiled eggs? There are several ways. This is still the same hot or cold tab.
With the cold method, washed eggs should be tightly put in a saucepan, pour cold water and put on high heat. As soon as the water begins to boil, reduce the temperature to medium-low.
How much to boil eggs after boiling water also depends on their size and desired result:
• usually three minutes are enough to get a semi-liquid egg. The yolk will remain completely liquid, and the protein will thicken slightly, but will not become very hard, like a hard egg;
• if you want to make the yolk a little thicker, you need to continue cooking for four minutes. During this time, the protein is fully cooked, and the yolk slightly thickens;
• Those who want to get a tender, thick yolk with a raw center should boil eggs for five minutes after boiling water.
Supposed to bookmark in boiling water. Eggs of compact temperature gently, using a spoon, are sent to the bottom of a bubbling pan. Exactly in a minute, the boiling should be stopped, and the eggs should be left in the cooling boiling water for five or six minutes.
In a five-minute egg, the protein will be liquid, in a six-minute egg - semi-solid. If you leave for another minute, that is, hold it in hot water for seven minutes, you get an egg in the bag. Experimenting with time, you can achieve exactly the result that takes pleasure. After five to six minutes, eggs can be poured with cold water to cool. To make the shell easier to remove, two minutes in a cold “bath” will be enough.
Hot tab for a special scheme, without cooking at all. How to boil soft-boiled eggs these way? The prepared product at room temperature should be tightly arranged in a saucepan and pour boiling water over. Water should only close the shell slightly. Cover the pan tightly with the lid and leave the eggs for ten minutes.
Then you need to pour out the water and re-boil the eggs with a new portion of boiling water. Secondary filling is done for two or three minutes (depending on the desired consistency of the yolk). It remains only to remove the eggs and immediately submit (eat soft-boiled eggs hot).
Eggs prepared this way are deliciously tender. The protein resembles air mass, a cloud surrounding the semi-liquid yolk.
How to boil eggs in a bag after boiling water
Eggs in the bag - it is a more dense, thick version of soft-boiled eggs. Therefore, they cook the same, except for the time of exposure to boiling water.
After boiling in a cold tab cooking time is from five to six minutes. In the hot tab after boiling for a minute, hold the egg in boiling water for seven minutes.
It is not necessary to cool eggs in cold water: the dish is served hot. To facilitate the cleaning of the shell, you can immerse the eggs in cold water for two minutes.
How to cook poached egg
The original version of a boiled egg is a dish under the exquisite name of a poached egg. The bottom line is to weld the contents without the shell. It turns out gentle-air mass, which perfectly fits into the concept of a morning sandwich, soft salad or a separate dish, served with sauce and a slice of fresh baguette.
The product for the original and tasty dishes will need very fresh. An egg laid more than a week ago will spread over the water during cooking. But the fresh egg white will gather around the yolk in the form of a dense cushion. For cooking poached eggs, additional ingredients will be needed:
• a teaspoon of salt;
• four teaspoons of six percent vinegar.
Cooked poached egg in a special, low saucepan or saucepan. You can take a suitable steel bowl. Boil a liter and a half of water. In the boiling water, pour the rate of vinegar, salt. Vinegar will help the protein to keep its shape, and salt will increase the density of water.
Now the most important thing: it is necessary to very carefully break the shell and pour the egg on a saucer or in a small bowl. Reduce the plate temperature to a minimum in order to reduce the boiling intensity and prevent protein breakdown.
To bring the saucer as close as possible to the surface of the water, tilt it so that the egg slides smoothly into boiling water. Gently push with a spoon to make sure that the protein does not stick to the pan. It remains to observe the process of thickening, focusing on your taste. Cooking time will be from one to four minutes. Protein should be hard anyway.
Get ready poached egg need skimmer. If at the edges of the thickened protein ugly threads still formed, they can be cut off.