Bagels on kefir - general principles of preparation
Delicious pastries can be made in the form of buns, and you can twist the bagels. This name baking received because of the shape, similar to the horns of animals. Bagels can be made from any dough - cottage cheese, yeast, on water or milk. However, if you want to cook pastries quickly, without waiting until the dough comes, more than others, the recipe for bagels on kefir will do. The dough of this baking will be soft and elastic, and enjoy
Bagels on kefir - preparing food and tableware
You do not need a lot of products - take flour, sugar, eggs and, of course, kefir. The advantage of this dish is that you can even take stale kefir, baking in any case will be delicious.
Recipes for croissants on kefir:
Recipe 1: Bagels on yogurt
Let's try to make the most simple bagels without filling, dusted them with powdered sugar. Such baking is not expensive at cost, but tasty - the delicacy will be soft and fragrant.
- Egg 2 pieces + 1 egg yolk (in order to lubricate the flour products)
- Kefir 220 ml
- Baking powder for dough 11 g
- 120 grams of sugar
- Flour 470 grams
- Butter 140 g
- Soda 1/2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil
- Half an hour before cooking, butter should be taken out of the fridge and allowed to thaw.
- Using a whisk or spoon, combine the butter with eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour soda into kefir, mix.
- Pour the kefir into the dry mixture, then begin to pour flour in a thin stream. Mix the mass, then divide into four parts.
- Each part needs to be rolled, and then cut into four or six triangles. Roll each triangle from wide to narrower, turn into crescents.
- Grease each bagel with an egg yolk, sprinkle with powder and bake in the oven for thirty minutes.
Recipe 2: Bagels on kefir with jam
A quick variant of making bagels on kefir with jam will become a real magic wand in case of unexpected arrival of guests. Try to cook this dishes, and your loved ones will be delighted! Be careful with the amount of sugar added to the dough - together with sweet jam, extra sugar will make the bagels sugary.
- 250 ml of kefir
- 440 grams of flour
- 90 grams of sugar
- Strawberry jam (orange, currant or any other thick)
- Baking powder for dough 11 grams
- 3 eggs
- Butter 85 grams
- In a container, melted butter should be mixed with two eggs and one protein, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Pour the kefir into the container to mix the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the flour to the kefir mixture and mix a little.
- Divide the finished dough into four parts, after which each must be rolled and cut into four or six triangles.
- Place a spoonful of jam on the wide part of the triangle, then roll it up.
- Grease each product with egg yolk and bake the bagels for twenty-five minutes in the oven.
Recipe 3: Bagels on yogurt with cottage cheese
Bagels can be made and not sweet, putting as a filling, for example, cottage cheese with greens.
- Kefir 240 ml
- Flour 300 grams
- Sahara 3 tbsp.
- Baking powder for dough 1 pack
- Eggs 3 pieces
- Cottage cheese 225 grams
- Combine salt and sugar with a whisk or spoon in a container, baking powder for dough, half of the flour, two eggs and one protein (and put the yolk to lubricate). Pour kefir into the mixture.
- Gradually add the remaining flour to the mixture, stirring the dough.
- Divide the dough into three or four pieces, then roll each piece of dough into a thick “pancake” and cut it into four triangles.
- Prepare the filling for bagels. Chop the greens and combine with cottage cheese and greens. If the cheese is coarse-grained, it is best to mix the ingredients in a blender.
- Place the stuffing on the thick edge of each triangle, then roll up the dough.
- Grease each triangle with egg yolk and bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes in the oven.
Bagels on kefir - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
Stuffing for croissants on kefir can be any, both sweet and salty. As a sweet filling, use thick jams, jam, condensed milk, cottage cheese, marmalade, chopped fruit. To make bagels more nourishing, you can put grated cheese, sausage with ketchup, curd with greens, and sausages inside.
Sprinkle bagels with cumin, sesame or flax seeds.
The dough rolls on kefir will be very lush and tasty, if you do not forget to sift the flour before kneading the dough. Oxygenated flour will make the dough of a perfect, uniform consistency.
It does not matter, dessert, you cook bagels or hearty, grease the product before baking egg yolk or a mixture of egg yolk and a small amount of powdered sugar.