Fish patties are no worse than meat, especially if they are properly cooked.
They are also combined with any side dishes, suitable for main courses and sandwiches.
But they are much cheaper.
After all, you can make juicy, tender and very fragrant meatballs even from the most boring and simple fish.
Do not believe?
Minced Fish Cutlets - Basic Cooking Principles
For meatballs use the fillet of any sea or river fish. It is advisable to choose non-bony species in order to simplify and speed up the preparation. You can buy already prepared mince, it will reduce the cooking time. But if the product is frozen, then when defrosting it loses some of the moisture, which will affect the juiciness of the dish.
Minced fish cutlets are not always juicy and tasty. And all because they require a special approach. The mass is often obtained weak, but for thickening it is impossible to mindlessly pour in flour or starch. From this product will become dry and rubber. Even if the minced fish is quite liquid, there are many ways to remedy the situation, but with the addition of the right products.
What can be added:
• cottage cheese;
• fat, oil, fats.
For bonding the mass is usually added egg. The stuffing should be well kneaded, and in order to make the products more beautiful, put them on the table. Cutlets are molded round or oval. Before frying roll in breading: flour, bread crumbs, bran. They can also be baked in the oven, which speeds up the process of cooking and increases its benefit.
Recipe 1: Minced Fish Cutlets with Fat
Fat is added to the mass for minced fish hake, pollock, cod. It dilutes the dryness of the product, makes the final dish juicier and more tender.
• 600 grams of fish fillets;
• 120 grams of fat;
• 1 egg;
• 2 tablespoons of flour;
• spices; • butter;
• some greens;
• garlic clove;
1. Wash the fillet, dry and cut into pieces under the meat grinder. Do the same with lard.
2. We clean the onion, garlic clove (you can not put).
3. We pass all these ingredients through the meat grinder.
4. Add spices, chopped greens, drive in an egg and pour in a couple of tablespoons of flour. Mince thoroughly knead.
5. We form cutlets of medium size, roll in breadcrumbs.
6. Glow the pan, pour 3-4 spoons of butter and put the chops. Fry on one side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Turn over, cover and cook about four more minutes. Then lay out, add more butter to the pan and fry the rest of the cutlets in the same way.
Recipe 2: Minced fish cutlets with semolina
Universal recipe that is suitable for any fishmeat cutlets. But if it is low-fat, you can add a little fresh bacon, as in the previous recipe. The dish will only benefit from this.
• 0.8 kg minced meat from any fish;
• 1 egg;
• 2 bulbs;
• 5 spoons of semolina;
• salt, pepper and butter;
• breadcrumbs or just flour, better than coarse.
1. Grind the peeled onions in any way, add to the stuffing.
2. Put the egg, semolina, salt with pepper, mix.
3. Divide the mass into balls, the size of a little more than an egg. We form oval cutlets.
4. Dip in breadcrumbs or flour.
5. Fry in a pan. First, without a lid, then overturn and cover, bring to readiness.
Recipe 3: Minced Fish Cutlets with Cottage Cheese
Sounds weird? But only for those who have never tasted minced fish cutlets with cottage cheese. This is really a worthwhile, tasty and healthy dish, especially if you do not fry it, but bake it in the oven. You can cook from absolutely any fish (hake, cod, pink salmon, zander, pike). Ingredients
• half a kilo of minced meat;
• 300 grams of cottage cheese;
• 4 slices of bread;
• 1 onion;
• spices and greens;
• flour for breading or crackers.
1. Bread must be pre-soaked in milk and allowed to swell.
2. We clear onions, we cut and together with pieces of the soaked bread we pass through the meat grinder.
3. We wipe the curd or just mix it well so that there are no lumps.
4. Combine minced meat with twisted onions, bread and curd.
5. Add chopped greens, salt, pepper, mix.
6. Sculpt burgers of any shape, fry and fry in a pan.
7. Or lay out in a greased form and bake until cooked in the oven.
8. Serve this dish best with sour cream or with a sauce based on it. To prepare chopped parsley or dill, ground with a pinch of salt and chopped garlic, diluted with sour cream.
Recipe 4: Minced fish cutlets with oatmeal
Oatmeal - a budget find, which greatly increases the output of meatballs, but does not spoil their taste. And even on the contrary, it makes products nourishing, fragrant and very tender.
• 1 cup of cereal;
• 130 ml of milk;
• 1 kg of minced fish;
• 2 bulbs;
• 2 eggs;
• butter, herbs and breading.
1. Beat eggs and milk with a whisk, add oatmeal and leave the mass to swell for about forty minutes.
2. At this time, you need to cut the onions into cubes and fry slightly in a pan, let them lightly browned.
3. We combine swollen flakes with onions, minced meat and spices, which can be absolutely any. Thoroughly knead.
4. We form cutlets, hands are constantly wetted in water, as the swollen flakes make the mass a little sticky.
5. Now we serve the products and fry in a pan.
Recipe 5: Minced fish cutlets with rice and greens
Another economical option of minced fish cutlets, which will appeal to many hostesses. Rice is a universal product that has almost no taste and is combined with any ingredients. Therefore, it is this cereal often diluted with minced meat, and not only meat. Ingredients
• 700 grams of minced fish;
• 100 grams of rice;
• 1 egg;
• 4 tablespoons flour;
• green onion;
1. Boil until soft rice. We make sure that the grains do not fall out and remain dense.
2. Crush parsley with green onions, mix with minced fish and add boiled rice.
3. Now put the raw egg, if the mass is thick, then you can add two pieces.
4. Pour pepper, salt, and other spices.
5. We mix. We form rounds or oval cutlets, roll in flour.
6. Fry in a skillet until ready. If desired, after roasting, they can be stewed in tomato juice or sauce.
Recipe 6: Minced fish cutlets with potatoes
Potatoes are added not only from economy. Cutlets with him are quite decent and tasty. But still you do not need to abuse it and put the potato more than the fish.
• 700 grams of minced meat;
• 300 grams of potatoes;
• 2 bulbs;
• 3 eggs;
• a little dill.
1. Grind peeled onions.
2. We combine with minced fish, spices, eggs.
3. Finely rub peeled potatoes. We do this at the last moment so that they do not darken. Squeeze out extra juice and add to other products.
4. Cut the dill and also put in the stuffing.
5. Knead the mass. If it is watery, then add 2-3 tablespoons of flour or semolina. If the consistency is normal, then you can not put anything.
6. We make round patties, roll in breadcrumbs.
7. Fry in a pan. Since the potato is very important to bring to readiness, do not make a big fire. First, fry in an open pan, then cover and under the lid another 6-7 minutes.
Recipe 7: Minced fish cutlets with zucchini (cabbage, pumpkin)
Universal recipe for fish cutlets with vegetables. We will use zucchini, but you can also use any cabbage or pumpkin. In any case, you get a juicy and healthy dish. Ingredients
• 900 grams of fillet;
• 1 zucchini;
• 1 onion;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 4 tablespoons of semolina;
• flour or crackers for breading;
1. Fillet with onions and garlic twisted in minced meat.
2. Clean the zucchini. If the skin is tender, then just wash it. Grate. Salt immediately and let stand 10 minutes. A lot of juice will stand out, you need to squeeze it, otherwise the stuffing will be liquid. With other vegetables, you can not do this, they are not so watery.
3. Combine pressed zucchini with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Fill the minced meat with spices, put semolina, egg, you can chop up some fresh greens, which goes well with zucchini.
5. We make cutlets of any shape and size.
6. Bread in breadcrumbs and fry on both sides in hot oil. If the stuffing over time, slurry thinner, then you can pour a little flour or semolina.
Recipe 8: Minced Fish Cutlets with Cheese
Such minced fish cakes will find their place even on a festive table. Crispy and bright products with a fragrant and delicate filling will surely delight. But the final taste still depends on the type of fish used.
• 500 grams of fillet;
• 2 pieces of bread;
• 80 ml of milk;
• 0.1 kg of cheese;
• greens and spices;
• 1/4 part lemon;
1. Soak bread in milk. It is advisable to use white and stale pieces so that the mass does not turn out to be sticky.
2. Cut the fish fillets into pieces and chop them in a combine or through a meat grinder.
3. Squeeze out the swollen bread and ship after the fish.
4. Add the egg, squeeze the lemon juice into the mince, put the spices and mix.
5. Rub cheese, chop greens. You can take parsley, dill or any other at your discretion. All mix together. You can add a little garlic, finely chopped.
6. We moisten hands, take a piece of minced meat, make a flat cake on the palm. Put in the center about a spoonful of cheese with herbs. Lift the free edges and form the patty, gently press. 7. Breaded in flour or breadcrumbs, fry.
8. The same burgers can be made without filling, simply by putting cheese with greens in the total mass. But in this case, you need to pay attention to the breading so that it covers the product well.
Minced Fish Cutlets - Tips and Tricks
• Roasted onion cutlets are much more fragrant than raw vegetables. And if the meat is lean and dry, it is best to fry in butter, fat or any other fat.
• You can bake cutlets not only in breadcrumbs, but also in ground crackers or biscuits. Also corn flour is suitable for deboning, which gives the products a very beautiful and appetizing crust.
• Any fish cakes can be made with double breading. First, they need to dip in the egg, then in the crackers and repeat again. Such a fur coat not only keeps all the juiciness inside, but also significantly increases the size of the chops, which is good news.
• To cutlets not lost juiciness, they are spread only in a well heated pan.
• Minced fish likes low temperatures. Therefore, when forming, hands should be dipped only in cold water. You can also hold the mass in the refrigerator, from this it becomes thicker, and the chops are neater.