Fish of the salmon family is one of the most useful seafood. It contains many essential polyunsaturated acids, beneficial trace elements, protein. The low energy value of such products allows people on a diet to include them in the menu. Fasting people also often prefer these snacks. Pink salmon is one of the most accessible representatives of the salmon family. It is distinguished from other species of fish not only by its relatively low price, but also by its low calorie content. But precisely because this product does not have a high fat content, many housewives do not risk cooking salmon cutlets, believing that they will come out dry. Fears are in vain: with the right preparation, this dish is tender and juicy.
Fish cutlets are prepared on roughly the same principle. It is even easier to make them from pink salmon than from river fish: its meat contains less bones, is tender and juicy. The pink color of the meat makes pink humpback patties especially appetizing. They retain these products and the unique taste characteristic of salmon. However, knowledge of several features of cooking of pink salmon meatballs will facilitate the task and make the result predictable.
- Fresh fish dishes make more delicious, but frozen pink salmon or its fillets are more often sold. You can buy frozen products for cutlets. The main thing is to give him the opportunity to thaw out in the refrigerator in order to avoid a sharp temperature drop.
- On sale you can meet both whole pink and ready fillets. If you do not have the skills of primary processing of fish, you should prefer the second option. If this task does not frighten you, it is more profitable to take whole fish. It will not be difficult to cut it into fillets at home, and with a certain amount of luck your work will be rewarded with a fair amount of red caviar.
- You can chop the pink salmon fillet using a meat grinder, blender or manually. When using kitchen appliances, cutlets will be more tender, especially if you scroll the stuffing twice. If you chop the pink salmon fillet with a knife, the cutlets will come out more juicy. Which option to choose depends on your taste.
- To increase the juiciness of minced meat, it is not forbidden to add vegetables, lard.
- Cutlets will better keep their shape if they are rolled in an egg, and then breaded in breadcrumbs. In some cases, one is enough breading.
- Making the cutlets will be easier if you wet your hands with cold water.
- Fry cutlets over medium heat in a sufficient amount of boiling oil. When they are covered on both sides with an appetizing crust, the fire is diminished, the pan is covered with a lid and steamed cutlets for 5 minutes. If at this time in a pan pour a little broth or sauce, the products will be more juicy.
Pink salmon cutlets can be cooked not only in a frying pan. They are boiled for a couple, roasted in the oven. A large number of recipes allows you to choose an option to your liking.
Classic recipe for pink salmon
- pink salmon fillet - 1 kg;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- onions - 150 g;
- pork lard - 100 g;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- salt, pepper, greens - to taste;
- breadcrumbs, vegetable oil - how much will go.
- The pink salmon fillet is scrolled twice through a meat grinder.
- Peel onions and chop finely, mix with minced fish.
- Use a blender or meat grinder to chop lard.
- Crush garlic with a hand press.
- Finely chop the greens with a knife.
- Add garlic, lard and herbs to the mince, mix thoroughly.
- Break an egg into a bowl with minced meat, add salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add some crackers and knead the mince to make it thick and viscous.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- While wetting your hands with water, make cutlets and roll them in breadcrumbs. Put in the pan at a short distance from each other.
- Fry over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add some warm water, cover the pan with a lid and reduce heat. Extinguish 10 minutes.
Salmon cutlets are usually served with a side dish. Well suited mashed potatoes, rice. The dish can be supplemented with sour cream or any sauce suitable for fish dishes.
Pink salmon cutlets in tomato sauce
- pink salmon fillet - 1 kg;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- white bread - 150 g;
- milk - 100 ml;
- bitter peppers - 50 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 6 kg;
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- sugar - 10 g;
- breadcrumbs - how much will go;
- cilantro greens - 30 g;
- dill greens - 30 g;
- fresh parsley - 30 g;
- dry white wine - 150 ml;
- olive oil - how much will leave;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Peel the onions, chop one onion using a meat grinder or a blender, finely chop the rest.
- Chop the pink salmon with a meat grinder or chop finely with a knife.
- Mix the minced fish with the minced onion grinder.
- Add a loaf soaked in milk, squeeze it and grind in a meat grinder.
- Break 2 eggs into a bowl, knead the mince. Clean for a while in the fridge.
- Finely chop the greens and the garlic with a knife.
- Slice tomatoes, lower into boiling water for 3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and cool. Peel off, cut into 4 parts, remove the seals in the area of the stem. Beat the tomatoes with a blender or mash them using a meat grinder.
- Mix tomato puree with salt, spices, garlic and herbs.
- Pour 50 ml of olive oil into the pan, fry the sliced onion in it until golden brown.
- Add the wine, wait until it is almost completely evaporated.
- Add tomato puree, bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- Heat a new batch of butter in a clean pan. Form the cutlets, roll them in a beaten egg, then in breadcrumbs, browse on both sides in boiling oil. It is not necessary to bring to readiness, it is enough to wait until the crust appears.
- Put the patties in a baking dish, pour over the sauce and place in an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
Pink salmon cutlets in tomato sauce are soft, juicy, fragrant. When serving them to the table, do not forget to pour the sauce in which they were stewed.
Pink salmon cutlets are an easy dish to prepare. It costs inexpensive, it turns out nourishing and tasty.