The effect of adding cottage cheese to the cutlet mass is rather difficult to compare with something.
Just as described.
But it is worth trying, but not with one type of curd, but with different ones.
Fat homemade gives a subtle cheesy and creamy taste.
Fat-free - “swept away” and completely inexplicable ease.
If your guests are not aware of the composition of minced meat, then an incredible array of options may suggest.
And, of course, dessert dishes for kids. Cottage cheese cutlets with carrots and dried apricots are ideal for lunch. They are easy, but, in addition to the wonderful taste, well stimulate the appetite.
Cutlets with cottage cheese - general principles of cooking
• With cottage cheese, you can cook not only meat, but also vegetable cutlets. They are fried in a frying pan in cooking oil, baked on a baking sheet in the oven or steamed.
• The curd is added directly to the stuffing. It is imperceptible in meatballs, but gives them a specific cheese flavor.
• For the final dish, the fat content of the curd does not matter. The percentage of fat contained in it affects only the total calories.
• The basic requirements for this product are freshness, consistency and uniformity. The less often the cottage cheese, the harder it will be to form the patties, because the mince will be liquid. If the curd is granular, then it will not spread evenly over the cutlet mass, and its grains will be felt in it.
• Not only cottage cheese is added to fish, meat or vegetable cutlet mass. Along with him often put semolina, flour, eggs, sour cream. In meat and fish patties add vegetables for juiciness.
• To enhance the taste of dessert dishes, dried fruits are put into the cutlet mass. Their appearance is determined only by the taste preferences of each.
• Curd minced meat, fish and vegetables seasoned with spices, selected to your taste. Often add herbs and garlic.
• You can put cinnamon or vanillin in dessert products with curd for flavor.
• If dessert carrot and vegetable (carrot, potato) cutlets with cottage cheese are served as a separate dish, then meat and fish only with a side dish. It is selected at its discretion.
Tender Chicken Cutlets with Curd
• a pound of minced chicken;
• 50 ml of 11% cream;
• one fresh egg;
• two cloves of garlic;
• 200 grams of 9% cottage cheese;
• three tablespoons of chopped dill;
• corn flakes for breading (unsweetened).
1. Chicken mince with curd and onion mince with the finest grill. Add cream, not whipped egg.
2. Squeeze garlic with a press here, put chopped dill. To taste, add salt, sprinkle with ground pepper and mix thoroughly.
3. Corn flakes slightly knead hands. Form the semi-finished products with moistened hands in water and roll them well in flakes.
4. Heat cooking oil on a small fire in a thick-walled pan. Dip the meatballs in it and fry, turning over 5 minutes on the other side.
5. When frying the pan should not be covered with a lid. If you close - the crust does not work crispy.
Baked fish cakes with cottage cheese
• frozen pollock - 800 gr .;
• 250 gr. low-fat cottage cheese;
• small onion;
• two chicken eggs;
• a small bunch of dill;
• three spoons of semolina (cereal).
1. From the pollock carcasses, cut off the fins, chop off the tail. Scrape each with a knife in the direction from tail to head. Cut the abdomen, remove the remnants of the entrails and always dark film. Wash thoroughly under a tap and wipe dry. Separate the meat from the ridge and small bones.
2. Twist in a meat grinder fish fillet with onion. If the curd is grainy, twist it too.
3. Add the semolina and chopped dill. Enter a well-beaten egg. To your taste, season with pepper and salt. Mix well until smooth and let stand for 20 minutes. During this time, the semolina will swell up well, and the dish will not work hard.
4. Hands well moistened in water, form the semi-finished products of the desired size and shape. Put them on a baking sheet and pour in some chilled water. 5. Put the broiler in the heated oven for 20 minutes and bake the dish at 200 degrees.
Meat patties with curd in tomato sauce
• mixed pork and beef mince - 500 gr .;
• 18% cottage cheese - 100 gr .;
• tablespoon 15% sour cream;
• one and a half tablespoons chopped greens, to taste.
For the sauce:
• large onion;
• three teaspoons of thick tomato;
• a teaspoon of flour;
• ground pepper, evaporated salt and sugar to taste.
1. Well mash the mince. Add the curd mass passed through the sieve and the onions grated on a medium grater.
2. Put sour cream, chopped herbs and eggs. Season with pepper, salt and knead well, beating at the same time the stuffing on a bowl.
3. Shape small round patties and bread them, roll in flour. Fry on heated cooking oil until crispy crust and transfer to a separate saucepan.
4. In the heated fat, lower the onion cut into small slices and slightly save. Sprinkle, stirring the flour well, and fry for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add tomato puree to the onions, mix well again and stir over low heat for 4 minutes. Then pour half a glass of water and leave to stew for 3 minutes.
6. Pour the tomato sauce into the cauldron and cook for five minutes at the lowest heat. At the end of the fire, add chopped greens.
Dessert carrot patties with curd - “Olezhkin high tea”
• a pound of boiled carrots;
• 150 gr. semolina;
• eggs - 2 pcs .;
• 50 gr. dried fruits (dried apricots);
• two curd cheese.
1. Wash the dried apricots in several waters, put it in a colander and dry well. Cut the dried fruits into small thin strips and shift them to the curd.
2. Add slightly beaten eggs and a piece of semolina (100 gr.). Rub boiled carrot on the smallest grater and mix everything well. Leave the curd mass to stand for half an hour.
3. Form small patties from the curd mass and roll it well on all sides in the remaining semolina. 4. Fry on medium heat in vegetable oil to a ruddy, beautiful crust.
5. Served such patties with sour cream, condensed milk or honey.
Fried fish cakes with cottage cheese - “Fish for Alyoshka”
• cod minced - 550 gr .;
• 250 grams of fat cottage cheese;
• one small potato;
• medium sized onion;
• a tablespoon of semolina;
• breadcrumbs (white).
1. Put fish mince in advance for thawing. Do not use to speed up the process of defrosting with water or a microwave. Leave it in a bowl on the table, and best of all, put it in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Thawed mass mash well with a fork or twist in a meat grinder. Melt homemade cottage cheese on the sieve here.
3. Grate the onion with the raw potato with a fine grater. If too much liquid has formed, strain and place the vegetables in a bowl of minced fish.
4. Add a spoonful of semolina and salt with pepper. Mix all ingredients well and set aside the bowl for 10 minutes.
5. From the aged mass of minced meat, form semi-finished products in the form of fish, up to one and a half centimeters thick. Well brend preparations with crackers and fry in lean, hot oil until ready. On each side about six minutes.
Dietary carrot cutlets with cottage cheese in the oven
• Fresh carrots - 800 grams;
• two spoons of wheat bran;
• 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese;
• half a cup of semolina (about 80 gr.);
• 30 ml of vegetable oil.
1. Raw grated carrot rub on a large grater. Put in a deep frying pan with a thick bottom. Add half a glass of drinking water and simmer on medium heat under a lid for 15 minutes.
2. From the pan, place the carrot stew in a bowl, add the bran, semolina, butter and mix well.
3. When the mass has cooled completely, add salt, add cottage cheese and knead thoroughly until smooth.
4. From the cutlet mass, moistened with water in your hands, mold small oval cutlets. Lightly roll each one in flour and transfer to a lined baking tray lined with oiled parchment. 5. Put the roaster in a warm oven and bake at 220 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the baking tray, turn the cutlets, and bring to readiness, baking for another 10 minutes.
Steamed chicken cutlets with curd and broccoli
• chicken fillet - 300 gr .;
• 250 gr. 1% cottage cheese;
• 250 gr. broccoli (frozen);
• one chicken egg;
• fresh herbs, seasonings and garlic to taste (you can not add).
1. Rinse the frozen broccoli with water so that it thaws slightly. Soaking in water is not necessary.
2. Meat mincer with the finest grill, scroll through the fillets, broccoli and cottage cheese.
3. Add salt to taste, favorite spices, chopped garlic and chopped greens.
4. Add a raw egg to the cutlet mass and mix thoroughly.
5. Form round semi-finished products. In order for the viscous stuffing not to stick to your hands, every time you form a new patty, moisten your hands with water.
6. Cook cutlets in a double boiler for no more than half an hour.
Potato patties with cottage cheese
• potatoes - 8 tubers of small size;
• 150 grams of 9% cottage cheese;
• 1 chicken, fresh egg;
• one third of a teaspoon of ground black pepper;
• half a teaspoon of turmeric;
• three cloves of garlic;
• a small bunch of dill or parsley, can be mixed;
• wheat flour - 2 tbsp. l in cutlet mass, plus for breading.
1. Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until cooked. Scoop broth from the pan, and mash the potatoes.
2. When the potatoes cool, combine it with cottage cheese and mix the mass thoroughly. This is best done by kneading and twisting in a meat grinder.
3. Add spices to your potato masses, salt and add the egg. Pour chopped greens, and mix well again.
4. To make the blanks easier to form, and they kept the form while frying, enter the flour and knead well again. Wheat flour can be replaced bran.
5. Pour the flour into a deep, wide plate. Shape small balls out of potato cutlet mass. Put the balls one by one in the flour. Apply lightly with palm and sprinkle with flour from all sides. 6. In a thick-walled frying pan, heat the butter well, dip the potato cakes into it and fry until the bottom is reddened. Turn over to the other side and also fry until golden brown.
7. Serve this dish by watering with sour cream or with fresh vegetables. You can put in sour cream to taste a little chopped herbs and grated finely garlic.
Cutlets with cottage cheese - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• If you want to prepare a dietary version of the dish - take low-fat cottage cheese or with the least fat content. Cook not in the pan, but in the oven or steamed. Well, if you still wanted fried - do it only in vegetable oil.
• Twist the grainy curd with a meat grinder, perebite with a blender or grind through a sieve. It will become homogeneous and its structure will not be felt.
• If you add semolina to the stuffing, be sure to let the cutlet mass stand for at least a quarter of an hour. This time is enough for the croup to swell. Otherwise the dish will turn out to be too dense and rigid.
• If cottage cheese is added to minced boiled or fried vegetables - put it only after it has completely cooled.