Of the many coffee and cream liqueurs, Irish Sheridan's is the most recognizable thanks to an unusual bottle. It consists of two adjacent containers of different volume, interconnected and closed with a common dispenser with two openings of different caliber. One jar is filled with creamy-vanilla liqueur, which has a milky-cream color, the second jar is filled with a rich brown chocolate and coffee liqueur. As part of the liquor, which, in fact, is a cocktail, there are Irish whiskey, cream, sugar, coffee, chocolate, water and natural flavors. “Sheridan” is considered a sweet elite alcohol, its strength is 15, 5%. The second, younger, version of the drink contains liquor from wild berries - they replaced the chocolate and coffee component. Despite the fact that manufacturers have made efforts to ensure that consumers can easily fill a glass with liquor, pouring both parts of the drink in the right ratio (1 part creamy, 2 parts chocolate) into it, many are afraid of breaking proportions. The question “How to drink Sheridan liqueur?” Worries many people less than the question “How to pour it correctly?”. To taste liqueur, you need to know the answers to both of these questions.
If you want to properly evaluate the taste of the drink and not violate the rules of etiquette, you need to know the rules of its use.
- “Sheridan” will be most tasty if its temperature is close to room temperature (22 degrees).
- Drink Irish liqueur from liqueur glasses with a capacity of 40-60 ml. It is important that they are transparent.
- “Sheridan” is a digestif. Serve it after a meal with a variety of desserts.
- Liquor can be added to tea or coffee, mixed with other alcoholic and some non-alcoholic beverages. It is well revealed in various cocktails. It is only important to understand that in the composition of “Sheridan” - natural cream. Mix it with fruit juices can not. It is undesirable to use soda.
The shelf life of liquor after opening a bottle is small - 6 months. In the corked form it is stored 3 times more.
What to eat “Sheridan”
As a snack to the liqueur, only desserts can be offered, and the best choice would be sweets without fruit or berry component:
- sponge cakes;
- ice cream;
The liquor is not strong, so fearing that your guests will get drunk on it without a hearty snack, there is no reason.
Methods of use
There are three main ways of using “Sheridan”:
- mixed with other drinks.
In order to pour “Sheridan”, observing the proportions recommended by the manufacturer, and not to mix layers, bartenders advise to act as follows:
- Open the bottle.
- Tilt the liqueur glass at an angle of about 45 degrees.
- Bring the bottle to the glass so that the neck is directly above it.
- Turn the bottle so that the container with the dark part is closer to the glass.
- Tilt the bottle so that the drinks flow evenly from both dispensers. Try to pour on the wall.
- When the glass is about 90% full, straighten it and the bottle.
As a result, there will be a dark layer at the bottom, and it will be 2 times larger than the light one.
In fact, the angle at which you hold the bottle does not matter much. You can even hold it so that both containers are at the same level. Dispensers will not allow to violate the desired ratio of creamy and coffee-chocolate liqueurs, and the lighter light layer will still be on top. The main thing - pour slowly over the wall of the glass.
Puff liquor is recommended to drink through a straw.
If you twist the glass slightly, shaking, the layers of liquor will mix. In this form, “Sheridan” has a particularly bright and harmonious taste. But it is necessary to drink it mixed up without delaying, otherwise the layers will gradually occupy the initial position. You can even drink a cocktail in one gulp.
When mixing "Sheridan" with other drinks, it is worthwhile to focus on proven recipes.
Cocktail “Light Storm”
- chocolate and coffee part of Sheridan liqueur - 25 ml;
- cream and vanilla part of “Sheridan” - 25 ml;
- vodka - 25 ml;
- sambuca - 25 ml;
- whipped cream - 10 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Pour a dark layer of “Sheridan” into the cooled cocktail glass. Dispense from the side of the container with the white component of the liquor at this time cover.
- Carefully pour sambuca so that the layers do not mix.
- Make the next layer of Sheridan’s creamy piece.
- Pour vodka on top.
- Decorate with whipped cream.
The cocktail will look more beautiful if you use for it the British black vodka BlaVod.
Cocktail “Creamy Paradise”
- milk - 120 ml;
- Sheridan liqueur - 100 ml;
- gin - 30 ml;
- cocktail cherry or pineapple slice - for decoration;
- ice - 3-4 cubes.
Method of preparation:
- Pour “Sheridan” into the shaker capacity, trying to match the ratio of white and dark layers to the classical proportion (2 parts of chocolate coffee liqueur and 1 part creamy vanilla).
- Add gin, milk and ice.
- Shake the ingredients well so that they become a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour into a glass, decorate with a cherry or a pineapple slice.
It is possible to decorate a cocktail instead of berries or fruits with vanilla ice cream balls.
- Sheridan liqueur - 30 ml;
- dark chocolate - 20 g.
Method of preparation:
- Pour the liqueur into the liqueur glass, trying not to mix the layers. If necessary, wait until the border between the layers becomes clear.
- Finely rub the chocolate.
- Pour it into a glass.
- Wait until the cream liqueur absorbs the chocolate crumb.
Cocktail should be drunk in one gulp. The recipe will appeal to chocolate lovers.
Liqueur “Sheridan” won popularity not only due to the unusual design of the bottle, but also a pleasant taste. If you drink it correctly, you will be able to appreciate its attractive appearance and exquisite taste.