The chops recipe can be found in any national cuisine. Depending on tradition and taste, chop is made from beef, veal, chicken, pork.
A chop can be a perfectly simple dish, when the beaten off meat is only rolled in breadcrumbs or flour and fried in a frying pan, or it can be a multi-layered structure consisting of a broken off piece of meat, various vegetables and, of course, cheese. Cheese in this case not only makes the dish appetizing (thanks to the golden crust and its savory taste), but also holds together all the components.
Pork is best for the chop, because it has tender and juicy meat, which is not the case with beef or chicken. But even in this case, you need to adhere to the recommendations that experienced chefs share with novice chefs.
Pork chop cooking fineness
- For chops, you need to use only the best meat - without tendons, films and fat. Delicious and juicy chops are obtained from chilled meat. Of course, you can cook them from frozen pulp, but in this case, when defrosting, it will lose a lot of juice, which will adversely affect the quality of the finished product.
- Fillets for chops are cut into portions weighing approximately 170 grams. Their thickness should be 1, 5-2 cm. When beating, coarse meat fibers soften, the fillet becomes thinner, so it cooks very quickly.
- It is not necessary to beat the meat down to fanaticism, turning it into a translucent billet. It is enough to beat off it to a thickness of 0, 5-1 cm. It is necessary to try to make the fillet without gaps. But otherwise, nothing terrible will happen, as the breading or batter will completely hide the gaps that have formed.
- Pork chop can be fried in a frying pan or baked in the oven. It depends on what kind of meat you want to end up with. A chop cooked in a pan will be covered with a crisp crust, but inside it will remain soft and juicy.
- If you want to cook a chop with tomatoes, mushrooms or other filler, use the oven.
- Chop is prepared very quickly, so you need to try not to overcook it. Fry the chop first over high heat (or slightly above average) to quickly form a dense crust that seals the juice inside the meat and prevents it from flowing out. It usually takes 5-6 minutes on each side. Then you can cover the speed cover, reduce the heat and bring the chop to readiness.
- Some housewives add some hot water and stew a chop for a few minutes under the lid, but in this case there will not be a crisp crust, of course.
- A tasty chop is obtained if you cook it in batter. It is very easy to make a key. You need to mix eggs, flour and liquid. The liquid component may be milk, kefir, sour cream, cream or plain water. The dough consistency should be the same as on the pancakes. Then it will keep well on the meat and completely cover the chop.
- If you want to give a more spicy flavor to the chop, instead of breadcrumbs, take sesame seed, cornflakes or mix dry seasoning with ground breadcrumbs you like.
And now - a few pork chop recipes, among which you will surely find something for yourself.
Pork chop with melted cheese
- pork fillet - 600 g;
- eggs - 2 pcs .;
- butter - 75 g;
- vegetable oil - 25 g;
- processed cheese - 150 g;
- breadcrumbs - 0, 7 st .;
- flour - 40 g;
- Pork wash, dry. Cut across portions of steaks. Put the steak on a board moistened with water, cover with a film. Using a special hammer, beat off the meat, making it twice thinner.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Lightly beat an egg in a plate. Next, put two more plates, in one of which pour flour, and in the other - breadcrumbs. Each broken piece of meat, first roll in flour, then dip in the egg, and then sprinkle well with breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs to the meat with your hands so that they stick well. Spread the future chops on the board and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare a large frying pan. Pour in vegetable oil, put 25 g of butter, heat well.
- Put the meat. On medium heat, fry the chops on both sides until golden brown.
- Put them on a greased baking tray. Place a slice of melted cheese on each chop, and a piece of butter on it.
- Place in a well-heated oven (as far as possible) and bake for no more than three minutes.
- Carefully place chops on the plate and serve immediately.
Pork chop with greens
- pork steaks - 4 pcs .;
- garlic - 1 tooth;
- butter - 25 g;
- parsley - a small bunch;
- Sage leaves - 3-5 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - 30 g;
- dry white wine - 100 ml;
- Wash the greens, peel and rinse the garlic. Pass all through a meat grinder. Put pepper and salt, mix well.
- Each piece of meat repel through the film with a hammer, then roll in the prepared mixture.
- Heat butter and vegetable oil in a pan. Put the meat. On medium heat, fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Pour the wine into the pan and cook the chops until the wine is evaporated.
Tip: Wine can be replaced with tomato puree. To do this, take fresh tomatoes, fill with boiling water for 2 minutes, remove the skin. Peel the minced tomatoes or grind in a blender.
Pork chops in batter
- pork fillet - 500 g;
- flour - 150 g;
- egg yolks - 2 pcs .;
- potato starch - 30 g;
- nutmeg - pinch;
- favorite spices;
- vegetable oil - 100 g;
- Wash fillets, dry, cut into portions. Slightly beat them with a hammer, previously covered with a film.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt, add nutmeg, leave for 10 minutes.
- Dump the meat in flour.
- Combine the remaining flour with starch, pour in the yolks that are whipped with a little water. Prepare a batter with a consistency resembling liquid sour cream. Leave it for 20 minutes to swell the gluten.
- Heat oil in a pan. Each piece of meat is lowered into batter, and then put on a hot frying pan. Fry on both sides until brown crust.
Pork chops with mushrooms and onions in the oven
- pork - 600 g;
- fresh champignons - 500 g;
- cheese - 230 g;
- sour cream or mayonnaise - 70 g;
- dill - a thin bunch;
- onions - 150 g;
- vegetable oil - 30 g.
- Pork cut slices of 1, 5-2 cm thick. Cover each layer of meat with a film and slightly beat off, giving it a rounded shape. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices, put them on a hot frying pan, cook until the moisture has evaporated.
- Chop onion into thin half-rings, connect it with mushrooms. Save to softness.
- Lubricate the baking sheet with butter, place the broken meat in one layer. Grease each future chop with sour cream mixed with chopped dill.
- Put the mushrooms and onions on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle chops with grated cheese.
- Put in the oven, preheated to 200 °. Bake 25 minutes. Put hot on plates.
Pork chops with tomatoes and cheese
- pork - 600 g;
- tomatoes - 300 g;
- onions - 150 g;
- cheese - 200 g;
- sour cream or mayonnaise - 30 g;
- eggs - 1 pc .;
- seasoning for pork - 4 g;
- vegetable oil - 10 g.
- Wash fillet of pork and blot with paper napkins. Cut into slices up to two centimeters thick. Use a hammer to tap through the film so that they become two times thinner.
- Sprinkle seasoning for pork, rub it in your hands with meat. Leave for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the egg and sour cream, put salt and pepper, and beat with a fork.
- Tomatoes and onions cut into thin circles, grate cheese.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter, lay the meat in a single layer. Cover it with tomatoes. Pour the sauce. Pour cheese.
- Put in the oven heated to 200 degrees, bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Pork chops in batter with pineapples in a pan
- pork pulp - 500 g;
- canned pineapples - rings by the number of chops;
- egg - 2 pcs .;
- flour - 1-2 liters;
- vegetable oil - 25 g;
- butter - 25 g;
- cheese - 130 g.
- Cut the pork into portions, discard slightly to make the meat thinner.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and flour, put in the spices, mix well. If the dough is thick, dissolve it with water.
- Grate the cheese on a medium grater.
- Heat a frying pan with two types of butter.
- Dip each prepared piece of meat in batter, put it in the pan. Fry to brown crust on medium heat. Flip to the other side.
- Put on chops pineapple mug. Pour the remaining batter. Sprinkle with cheese. Close the lid, bring to full readiness.
- Place on plates and serve immediately.
Mistress to note
During frying in a frying pan, chops are usually turned over only once - on the other side. To make them soft and juicy, cook them on medium heat.
Use salt in moderation, since it is very easy to over-salt thin meat.
Chops can be pickled in any marinade. But before cooking, they need to get wet with paper towels to get rid of excess moisture.
Pork chops can be cooked on a wire rack in the oven. In this case, bake them on high heat, so that the meat is quickly covered with a crust, which will prevent leakage of juice. The meat will be soft and juicy, if you pre-coat it with mustard or soak it in marinade.