Gubadia is a national dish of the Tatar and Bashkir peoples. This is a closed cake of unleavened or yeast dough with puff pastry. No wedding in Tatarstan is complete without this treat. Prepare gubad and for other holidays, with her meet dear guests. Its composition is traditional and does not have a large number of variations. It necessarily includes melted cottage cheese, which the Tatars call “court”, Bashkirs - “Kyzyl Eremsek”. Separate layers are boiled rice, chopped boiled eggs, dried fruits. Sometimes the stuffing is supplemented with meat. The result is a hearty meal that looks very appetizing.
If you decide to pamper households or guests with nourishing Bashkir or Tatar pastries, Gubad can be just that dish that will not leave anyone indifferent. In order for the cake to turn out to be delicious, appetizing and similar to the traditional one, served at Tatar weddings, you need to know and take into account a few subtleties.
- An important ingredient in Gubad is cottage cheese cooked in a special way. In Tatarstan or Bashkiria, you can buy it at almost any grocery store, but in another locality it is problematic to purchase a finished product. If you are trying to bake authentic Gubad, you will have to cook the court yourself. To do this, you need crumbly curd, sugar, ryazhenka or baked milk. The ingredients are mixed, placed in a cauldron or pot with thick walls and non-stick coating, heated over low heat and stew for at least an hour until the liquid evaporates. Cottage cheese dried in this way has a reddish-brown color; it turns out to be dry and sweet in taste. If you are preparing a pie with meat, the court can be cooked with a minimum amount of sugar or replaced with granular curd (in the latter case, authenticity will not be achieved).
- Rice for Gubadia boil in advance. It should turn out crumbly.
- Dried fruits also need to be prepared in advance: steamed, boiling water for 10 minutes, squeeze. Large dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes) are sometimes required to be cut, although they are often left whole (of course, without stones). To exclude dried fruits from the composition is impossible - they symbolize wealth and must be present in the wedding cake.
- Products that make up the filling do not mix. Their number must be odd. The following sequence is considered traditional: the first layer is cottage cheese, the second is rice, the third is eggs, the fourth is rice again, the fifth is dried fruit. In the meat Gubad between two layers, two more are wedged in - meat and one more rice.
- To make the filling juicy, its top layer is covered with slices of butter or ghee. It is not customary to regret it, therefore gubadiya always turns out to be high in calories.
- Gubad baked for 50-60 minutes in the oven, preheated to 180-200 degrees. Previously, when there were no such smart assistants as a gas or electric stove, baking Gubad was considered an art, after mastering which the girl was considered ready for marriage. Today, bake the cake so that it does not burn from below, it has become much easier.
Gubad is served hot. If it cools down, its taste will not change for the better. The cooled cake can be heated in the oven or microwave. Eat Gubad with a spoon.
Gubad from unleavened dough
- flour - 0, 4 kg;
- chicken egg - 6 pcs .;
- sugar - 140 g;
- cottage cheese - 0, 3-0, 4 kg;
- baked milk - 150 ml;
- butter - 0, 5 kg;
- rice groats - 0, 2 kg;
- raisins - 0, 25 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Pour a little more than half a cup of flour onto the board.
- Separate a piece weighing 50 g from the butter, cut it into cubes, spread it over the flour. Sprinkle it with a teaspoon of sugar and chop with a knife until the mixture resembles a flour crumb. Temporarily put it in the fridge.
- Mix cottage cheese with 50 ml of baked milk and 120 g of sugar. Tomit on low heat, stirring with a spatula, until the cottage cheese is dry and becomes the color of boiled milk or even darker. Add 20 g of butter, fry cottage cheese for some time (5-10 minutes), put in a bowl.
- In a clean container, break one egg. Add to it the remaining sugar, pound. Melt 80 g of butter, pour in the egg mixture. Add a pinch of salt and 100 ml of milk, whisk. Combine with the sifted flour, knead the dough. Roll it into a ball and leave for at least half an hour.
- Wash rice to clear water, boil in lightly salted water until cooked. Rinse again, cool.
- Eggs boil hard boiled. Put it under a stream of cold water so that they cool down faster and clean better. Remove eggshells from eggs. Chop the eggs with a knife.
- Fill the raisins with boiling water, leave it for 10 minutes. Drain, squeeze the raisins.
- Grease the mold generously with melted butter.
- Divide the dough into two parts, one part should be slightly larger than the other.
- Roll out most of the dough into a layer 2-5 mm thick. Its diameter must be greater than the diameter of the mold in order for the dough to cover not only its bottom, but also the sides.
- Put the rolled dough into the form.
- Place the dough on the dough and sprinkle with half of the rice. Put the chopped eggs on the rice, cover with the remaining rice. Pour raisins on rice, distribute it evenly.
- Cut the remaining butter into thin slices, spread out on top.
- Roll out the second part of the dough, lay it on top, and pinch the edges.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, put a shape with a lip in it, bake it for 50 minutes. If on top she starts to brown too much, cover with wet parchment.
Give Gubad a little cool. Remove from the mold by moving to a beautiful dish. Serving to the table, cut into pieces, like a cake, arrange in plates. Do not forget to put each party feast spoons, which they will eat the cake.
Gubadia from yeast dough
- flour - 0, 2-0, 25 kg;
- pressed yeast - 8-10 g;
- milk - 60 ml;
- chicken egg - 5 pcs .;
- sugar - 20 g;
- court - 0, 3 kg;
- rice - 120 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- dried apricots - 100 g;
- raisins - 100 g;
- ghee - 80 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Rinse, boil rice. Divide into 2 parts.
- Cook 4 eggs hard boiled. Peel, finely chop.
- Pour dried apricots and raisins with boiling water. After 10-15 minutes, drain the water, squeeze the dried fruit.
- Heat the milk a little, add sugar in it, put the yeast, mix well, leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the brew with two tablespoons of clarified butter, an egg and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually pouring the sifted flour to the resulting mixture, knead the dough. Leave it at 1-1,5 hours in a warm place to rise.
- Punch the dough with your hands, divide in half, roll.
- Put one layer of dough in the form, put the court, on it the first part of rice, boiled eggs, leftover rice, dried fruits. Pour the remaining oil.
- Close the cake with a second layer of dough, seal the edges.
- Place the cake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees, bake it for 40 minutes.
It is possible to serve Gubad made according to this recipe for tea or a festive table. The remaining cake can be heated and served for breakfast.
Gubad with meat
- butter - 0, 44 kg;
- cottage cheese - 0, 3 kg;
- sugar - 50 g;
- flour - 0, 6-0, 7 kg;
- kefir - 0, 3 l;
- baking powder for dough - 5 g;
- salt - to taste;
- beef - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- chicken egg - 6 pcs .;
- rice - 0, 3 kg;
- raisins - 100 g.
Method of preparation:
- Free the onions from the husk, cut into small pieces.
- Wash meat, pat dry. Finely chop with a heavy knife or turn into mincemeat using a meat grinder.
- Fry onion in melted butter, add meat to it, fry until ready. Pepper and salt to taste.
- Boil rice in lightly salted water.
- Zaryte the raisins, pat dry.
- Melt 20 g of butter, put cottage cheese and sugar in it. Warm up for an hour, stirring the curd with a wooden spatula.
- Boil five eggs, chop with a knife.
- Shake the remaining egg.
- Sift flour, mix it with baking powder and salt. Melt 300 g of butter, mix with kefir.
- Pour the butter-kefir mixture into the flour, knead the dough. Divide it into two not exactly equal parts, roll it out. The diameter of one layer should be about 10-15 cm larger than the other.
- Put a large layer into the form, covering the bottom and sides with it.
- Put the cottage cheese, a third of the rice on it. Put the meat on top, put half of the remaining rice on it. Sprinkle rice with chopped eggs, leftover rice and raisins. Pour over oil.
- Place a smaller layer of dough on top, fasten the edges.
- Lubricate the cake with a beaten egg.
- Place gubadia in an oven heated to 180 degrees and bake for an hour.
The combination of sweetish court and raisins with fried meat and onions allows you to get a unique taste that harmoniously complements rice and eggs. Even a person who has a good appetite will be able to get enough of this kind of gadadia
Gubad - closed cake with flaky filling. The dish refers to the Tatar and Bashkir cuisines. It is considered a festive treat, but can be prepared on weekdays. Gubadia is usually made sweet, but there are variations of it with meat.