Some housewives enjoy eating stuffed cabbage at a party or catering, but they do not cook their own houses. The fact is that the traditional recipe requires wrapping minced meat in cabbage leaves, and they are usually juicy and brittle, and these properties are not always possible to get rid of even as a result of heat treatment of vegetables. And the process of preparing cabbage for cabbage can hardly be called quick and simple. However, today on the shelves of shops you can almost everywhere find Peking cabbage, whose leaves are soft and soft, so they need minimal preparation. In addition, cabbage cabbage from Beijing cabbage and in appearance, and taste almost no different from traditional ones.
Despite the fact that cabbage rolls made from Peking cabbage are much easier to do than from white cabbage, knowledge of several subtleties of technology will not hurt any housewife. All the more useful these recommendations to those who are going to make such cabbage rolls for the first time.
- When buying Peking cabbage, it should be borne in mind that it will not go all on the cabbage rolls: the uppermost leaves often turn out to be sluggish around the edges and with a coarse and juicy base, and the inner leaves are too narrow to wrap stuffing in them . Therefore, only medium leaves are used, and large heads of cabbage weighing 750 g to 1 kg are much more economical. Unused leaves can be put on a salad or on lazy cabbage rolls.
- Although Beijing cabbage leaves are soft, they may not be flexible enough without heat treatment. Therefore, the right amount of leaves should be separated from the heads, rinsed and dipped in hot water for a couple of minutes. After the leaves are dried, they can be used.
- Minced meat for cabbage made from Chinese cabbage can be used from any meat, so long as it is fresh. The higher the quality of minced meat, the more delicious the cabbage rolls will be.
- The taste of the dish will improve if you add onion and carrot to the stuffing. Many housewives prefer to put minced roasted vegetables.
- If you fry the cabbage rolls in the pan before stewing, they will be even tastier.
- Rice must be boiled before adding to the stuffing, otherwise it will remain solid.
- To give the sauce, in which stuffed cabbage is cooked, a brighter aroma and rich taste are added to it, fried vegetables, butter, bay leaves, allspice or black peppercorns, greens are added.
Features of cooking cabbage cabbage from Peking cabbage will depend on whether you bake them in the oven or stew them in a saucepan or microwave.
Cabbage rolls from Peking cabbage in a pan
- Chinese cabbage - 0, 8 kg;
- ground beef - 0, 5 kg;
- rice cereal - 80 g;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- salt, sugar, ground pepper - to taste;
- sour cream - 0, 2 l;
- tomato juice - 0.5 l;
- tomato paste - 35 g;
- greens - 100 g;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- peppercorns - 5 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave.
- Wash the cabbage of the Peking cabbage, having previously disassembled it on the leaves.
- Boil water, dip the cabbage leaves into it, and after a minute, remove the pan from the heat.
- Carefully remove the leaves and place on paper kitchen towels so that they absorb the water. Put the cabbage leaves in a pile.
- Peel the vegetables and chop: rub carrots, finely chop the onion with a knife.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions and carrots in it until soft. Transfer half of this mass to the mince, add tomato paste to the remaining vegetables in the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir fry with tomato paste with sour cream, add salt and pepper to this sauce.
- Boil rice and combine with minced meat.
- Finely chop the greens, mix with tomato juice.
- Place some of the largest cabbage leaves on the bottom of the pan. Lightly grease them with sour cream sauce.
- Wrap the minced meat in cabbage sheets. If desired, fry the cabbage rolls in a pan.
- Put a few cabbage rolls in the pan so that they cover the bottom and lay in one layer. Cover them with half of the cream sauce.
- Put the remaining stuffed cabbage, brush them with the remaining sour cream sauce.
- Fill with tomato juice, put bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Put the pan on a slow fire. Simmer the cabbage rolls after boiling the sauce for 40 minutes.
Cabbage rolls are high-grade minced meat, it is not customary to serve garnish with them. But the sauce does not hurt. You can use the one in which the cabbage was stewed, or sour cream.
Cabbage rolls from Beijing cabbage in the oven
- Beijing cabbage - 0, 75 kg;
- minced pork - 0, 3 kg;
- rice - 150 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- sour cream - 100 ml;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Rinse the rice, cover it with a glass of water and boil for 7-10 minutes. Rinse again.
- Mix rice with minced meat.
- Cut off the bottom of the cabbage at Peking cabbage and divide it into leaves. Wash the leaves, the size of which allows their use for the formation of cabbage. Immerse them in boiling water for a minute, carefully remove and let the water drain.
- Peel the carrots and chop them on a grater with large holes.
- Remove the husks from the bulb. Cut the onion into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and put vegetables in it. Cook them for 10 minutes.
- Put the roasted vegetables in the stuffing, mix, do not forget to salt and season it.
- Place a spoonful of minced meat on the cabbage leaf, put the upper part of the cabbage leaf on the mincemeat, then fold the sides and roll the sheet like a pancake.
- Grease the baking dish with vegetable oil and put the cabbage rolls in it.
- Dilute sour cream with water and fill the cabbage rolls.
- Put the form with the stuffed cabbage in the oven heated to 180 degrees.
- Bake 50 minutes.
Serve the cabbage rolls baked in the oven with sour cream or sweet and sour tomato sauce. Garnish for them is not required.
Cabbage rolls from Peking cabbage in a slow cooker
- Beijing cabbage - 1 kg;
- ground beef - 0, 4 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- rice cereal - 80 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- tomato juice - 1 l;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Rice rinse well, put multicookers in the bowl, cover with water and turn on the “Soup” program (if you wish, you can choose the programs “Pilaf”, “Figure”, “Porridge” - there will be no trouble). Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rice, rinse, mix with minced meat.
- Wash and dry the multicooker bowl, put it back in place. Pour the oil into the bowl.
- Wash and peel the vegetables. Rub carrots, chop onions with a knife.
- Put vegetables in a slow cooker and start it in frying or baking mode for 10 minutes.
- Take out half the vegetables and add to the mince. Salt and pepper it, mix well.
- Wash cabbage and divide into leaves. Boil large for 1-2 minutes. Take care not to damage, remove and dry.
- Put a piece of mince on each sheet, roll it up in an envelope.
- Fold the stuffed cabbage into the multicooker container.
- Mix the juice with pepper, salt and other spices to taste. Pour them stuffed cabbage.
- Activate the “Quenching” program for 30 minutes.
- Finish cooking using the Baking program. Turn it on for 20 minutes.
The best stuffed cabbage made according to this recipe will be if served with sour cream. However, if you pour them with the juice in which they were prepared, the taste of the dish will not disappoint you either.
The remaining cabbage leaves can be used for cooking lazy cabbage. To do this, they need to be finely chopped, stewed, combined with roast from tomato and carrot, minced meat and rice, using the proportions indicated in any of the above recipes. At the same time in the stuffing, so that it is more viscous, you should add 10% of lard and 2 eggs per 0.5 kg of ready stuffing. From the minced meat they form patties, fry them in butter in a hot frying pan, and then stew them like ordinary cabbage rolls.