Cucumbers are marinated for the winter according to different recipes. Despite the fact that the composition of the marinade is almost identical, the appetizer is unique in taste. Even a slight change in proportions allows you to transform the organoleptic qualities of the finished dish. Cucumbers marinated in Hungarian, sweeter than many, made by other recipes. They are also distinguished by their small size, high crispiness and moderate piquancy, since they are usually closed with wine or fruit vinegar. Those who like sweet-sour pickles should prepare Hungarian cucumbers for the winter.
Pickling cucumbers in Hungarian is easy, even the hostess, who has no experience in home canning, can handle it. It is only important to know and take into account a few points when canning.
- For the preparation of cucumbers in Hungarian, you should choose small and hard fruits. Ideally, it should be gherkins. In the extreme case, take vegetables up to 8 cm in length, otherwise you will get a slightly different preparation.
- The smaller the cucumbers, the more they fit in the jar. It is not only about the number of fruits, but also about weight. Hungarian-style cucumber recipes are designed to use gherkins. If you take larger vegetables, you will need more cans than specified in the recipe.
- When pouring marinade and subsequent sterilization, the fruit shrinks, so you need to pack them in the jar as tightly as possible. If you have vegetables of different sizes, put the largest ones down and place small ones on top.
- Before canning, it is recommended to soak cucumbers in cold water for 2 hours, then they turn out to be more crispy. If the vegetables are very sluggish, it may not be possible to reanimate them in this way.
- Hungarian-style cucumber jars should be washed with soda and sterilized. Covers also need to be sterilized by boiling. Inaccuracy can be costly: cucumbers are capricious and often explode. Canned food can be closed only with metal lids to ensure tightness.
- Hungarian cucumbers are usually prepared using sterilization. If the banks are large or of different sizes, it will be difficult to sterilize them with a snack. There are too few cucumbers in the small jars. The optimal choice will be banks with a size of 0.775-1 l.
- Many housewives put the cans on the covers after wrapping and wrap them up, leaving them to cool in the conditions of a steam bath. The purpose of this procedure is the implementation of additional conservation and thereby increase the safety of the workpiece. It is not worth doing this with cucumbers, otherwise they will no longer be crispy.
Store cucumbers marinated Hungarian, preferably in a cool place, but they will not spoil for a long time at room temperature.
Hungarian Classic Cucumber Recipe
Composition (1 l):
- small cucumbers - 1 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 100 g;
- wine vinegar (6%) - 150 ml;
- salt - 20 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- mustard seeds - 5 g;
- carnation - 3 pcs .;
- Allspice - 3 pcs.
- Wash the cucumbers well, cover with ice water, leave for 2 hours.
- Wash again, let them dry.
- Wash spices and peeled garlic cloves. Wait for them to dry.
- Wash jars with soda, sterilize them over steam or in the oven. Boil the lids.
- Spread the spices on the jars, fill the jars with cucumbers, placing them as tightly as possible.
- Boil water, add salt and sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes to dissolve the crystals.
- Pour in vinegar. Wait until the marinade boils again.
- Pour them cucumbers. He will not go all the banks, but it should be so - he is always prepared with a reserve.
- Cover the jars with lids.
- At the bottom of the pan lay a cloth, put on it banks of cucumbers.
- Pour water into the pan so that its level reaches the hangers of the containers.
- Set the pot on a slow fire and wait for the water to boil.
- Sterilize jars with cucumbers for 8-10 minutes, depending on their size.
- Remove the jars from the pan, roll them up and turn them over. Do not wrap up.
Store cooled cans with snacks in a pantry or other room where you usually store supplies for the winter.
Hungarian Sweet Cucumbers
Composition (5 l):
- gherkins - 3 kg;
- water - 3, 5 l;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) - 0, 2 l;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- salt - 80 g;
- mustard seeds, allspice, cloves - to taste.
- Sterilize the jars, distribute the spices over them.
- Spread the washed and dried gherkins on the jars.
- Boil water, dissolve sugar and salt in it.
- Inject vinegar, bring to a boil.
- Pour cucumbers with hot marinade.
- Cover the jars with lids. Put in a saucepan with warm water, do not forget to lay a cloth on the bottom. Bring the water to a boil by placing the pan on a slow fire.
- Sterilize the canned food until the cucumbers have an olive color.
- Roll up the cans. Leave to cool upside down without wrapping.
The cucumbers made according to this recipe have a sweetish taste, cloves and pepper give the appetizer a spicy flavor, mustard and vinegar - savory notes. The canned food closed according to this recipe is stored well even at room temperature.
Hungarian Cucumbers with Carrots
Composition (1 l):
- small cucumbers - 0, 8 kg;
- carrots - 50 g;
- onions - 30 g;
- grape vinegar (6 percent) - 80 ml;
- salt - 10 g;
- sugar - 80 g;
- mustard, clove, allspice - to taste;
- water - 1 l.
- Spread out the sterilized jars.
- Peel carrots and onions.
- Cut carrots into 2-3 mm thick circles. Onions cut into rings or half rings about the same thickness.
- Place circles of carrots and onion rings on the bottom of prepared cans.
- Pack tins with cucumbers. Pre-cucumbers need to hold in cold water, wash, dry, cut off their tips.
- Bring water to a boil, add salt and sugar into it. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Add vinegar and wait for the marinade to boil again.
- Pour the marinade into the cucumber jars, filling them up to the neck.
- Cover with lids, sterilize jars with cucumbers in a water bath for 10-15 minutes. Sterilization time depends on the size of the cans: 10-minute sterilization is required for 0, 65-0, 75 l containers, liters should be sterilized for a quarter of an hour.
- Roll banks, flip.
The cooled jars can be stored in the closet; they do not require canned food for special storage conditions. The cucumbers closed according to this recipe look appetizing, have a pleasant sweet-sour taste.
Cucumbers marinated in Hungarian, are moderately piquant and pronounced sweetness. They will appeal to those who prefer sweetish savory snacks.