Korean salads, due to their piquant taste, have found many admirers among our compatriots. Cucumbers cooked in the appropriate marinade have a pleasant sweet-sour taste, a fresh aroma, and a pleasant crunchiness. Many hostesses learned to make salads from them with Korean seasonings. But you can cook such snacks not only in summer. It is possible to close Korean cucumbers for the winter too, and such preparations are stored very well.
The process of cooking vegetables in Korean is not very complex, even if we are talking about preparations for the winter. However, without knowing some of the points, the result may not be exactly what the cook expected.
- Korean-style cucumbers can be prepared from both young and over-ripe vegetables, but from young ones, the snack is more tender and appetizing. It is desirable to clean large fruits from the skins and even cut out areas with large seeds.
- To make the cucumbers more crispy, it is recommended to wash and soak the fruits for 2 hours in cold water before canning. It is not necessary to increase the time of soaking, so that the vegetables are not soured.
- The size and nature of cutting vegetables depends on the selected recipe. Most often they are cut into bars or straws. Cutting straws can be replaced by grinding products on a special grater, designed for the preparation of Korean salads. Take advantage of this device when preparing a snack of overripe cucumbers.
- Cucumbers are marinated for at least a few hours before being placed in a jar. Do not keep vegetables at this time in an aluminum pan. This material comes in contact with acids, forming harmful substances.
- Korean-style cucumber banks should be thoroughly washed with soda and sterilized. Close the snack you need metal lids, ensuring tightness. Plastic is permissible to use only when storing cucumbers in Korean in the refrigerator. Any type of lid is boiled before use.
- Banks after filling with an appetizer are usually sterilized, then rolled up, but there are also recipes that do not include sterilization.
- It is not necessary to wrap cucumber jars after closing. This manipulation allows you to improve the preservation of canned food, but can adversely affect the taste of cucumbers - they lose their crispness.
Storage conditions for Korean cucumbers depend on the recipe they were prepared for. Sterilizing snacks in cans or boiling snacks before placing them in jars usually allows storage of canned food at room temperature.
Korean-style cucumbers with carrots and seasoning
Composition (for 2, 5 l):
- cucumbers - 2 kg;
- carrots - 0, 5 kg;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- hot peppers - 1 pc .;
- salt - 40 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- complex seasoning for Korean carrots - 15 g;
- black ground pepper - 5 g;
- apple cider vinegar (6 percent) - 80 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 100 ml.
- Wash cucumbers, put in a pan filled with cold water, leave for 1, 5-2 hours. Rinse again, pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Cut off the tips of the cucumbers. Cut the fruit lengths into 4-8 pieces, depending on the size of the vegetables. If you can preserve overripe fruit, cut out plots with large seeds. As a result, you will get bars, the cut of which has a shape resembling a triangle. Cut these pieces into 2-4 pieces, depending on their length. Put the cucumber pieces in a saucepan or deep bowl.
- Scrape carrots, wash and blot with a napkin. Cut into large strips or thin slices. The latter is convenient to do, using a vegetable peeler. Add to cucumbers.
- Wash chilli peppers, cut into thin rings, remove seeds from them, as they will make the snack too spicy. If you prefer not too hot dishes, the amount of pepper can be reduced.
- Garlic cloves as finely as possible chop with a knife, send to the rest of the vegetables.
- Stir the vegetables.
- Separate salt, sugar, pepper, complex seasoning for Korean salads, vinegar and oil separately. Whisk with a whisk.
- Heat the marinade. As soon as it boils, pour it into a bowl of vegetables, mix the appetizer. Keep in the fridge for at least 3 hours, you can overnight. The more juice they give the vegetables, the better.
- Sterilize the jars and their lids.
- Spread cucumbers on the jars, lightly tamp them down with a spoon, pour the marinade.
- Cover the jars with the prepared lids, but do not tighten them.
- Lay a towel on the bottom of a large pot. Put on it cans with snacks. Pour water into the pan so that its level reaches the shoulders of the cans.
- Put the pan on a slow fire. Wait until the water in the pot boils.
- Sterilize half-liter jars for 20 minutes, liter - 40 minutes. If you used 0, 65-0, 75 l containers, you need to sterilize them for half an hour.
- Carefully remove the jars from the pan, roll them up. Leave to cool at room temperature.
It is possible to store cucumbers prepared according to this recipe at room temperature; they will not deteriorate during the year.
Korean cucumbers without sterilization
Composition (for 3, 5 l):
- cucumbers - 3 kg;
- carrots - 0, 5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 0, 2 l;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 150 ml;
- sugar - 150 g;
- salt - 80 g;
- hot pepper - 5 g;
- garlic - 6 cloves;
- ground coriander - 60 g.
- Wash cucumbers, peel, chop on a grater designed for making salads in Korean.
- Peel carrots, rub them just like cucumbers.
- Garlic cloves pass through a press, add to vegetables, mix.
- Mix salt, spices, oil, and vinegar in a separate container. Pour the vegetables with cooked marinade. Mix well. Leave to marinate in a cool place for 4-8 hours.
- Place the pan with a snack on the stove. Heat over low heat until it boils. Cook, stirring for 5-7 minutes.
- Spread cucumbers in prepared banks. Tamp, pour the marinade left on the bottom of the pan. Immediately roll up.
When the cucumber jars are cooled to room temperature, they must be stored in a refrigerator. If you can not find a place for them in the refrigerator, you can store a snack in the cellar or basement, where the temperature does not rise above 18 degrees.
Korean-style cucumbers without carrots
Composition (2 liters):
- cucumbers - 2 kg;
- garlic - 10-15 cloves;
- sugar - 100 g;
- salt - 30 g;
- black ground pepper - 15 g;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- ground coriander - 5 g;
- Apple Cider Vinegar (6%) - 100 ml.
- Cucumbers, washed and dried, cut into bars.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife, combine with cucumbers.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt, sugar and seasonings, mix.
- Fill with a mixture of oil and vinegar, stir again.
- Store cucumbers for 5 hours in the fridge. Every hour, shake the container with them so that they marinate evenly.
- Sterilize the jars, boil the lids.
- Spread cucumbers on the jars, pour marinade. Cover with lids.
- Put a towel on the bottom of the pan, put a jar of cucumbers on it. Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Sterilize the snack for 20-40 minutes, depending on the volume of cans.
- Remove the jars from the pan, close tightly.
You can keep snacks at room temperature. Despite the simple composition, it turns out tasty and fragrant.
Cucumbers in Korean for the winter is easy to close. Usually, the vegetables are crushed, pickled, laid out in banks and sterilized, but some recipes allow you to do even without this procedure. Often, carrots are added to the snack to give it a brighter color and additional flavors.