Pickled cucumbers are prepared for the winter by many housewives. There are many recipes for such preparations: sharp and tender, sweet and salty, spicy and possessing an unobtrusive aroma. But each culinary specialist strives to prepare a dish that is at least somewhat different from the usual, to improve the existing recipes. In search of unusual recipes for canned food, many hostesses stop on cucumbers in tomato sauce. This snack can be prepared from sliced or whole fruits. Tomato sauce gives pickles a unique taste and makes them bright, appetizing. Such dishes are not ashamed to put even on the holiday table.
The recipes of cucumbers in tomato sauce, by which they can be closed for the winter, are varied, so there is no single technology for preparing these snacks. Instructions accompanying a particular recipe will help to avoid mistakes. However, there are several points that remain important, regardless of the choice of cooking options.
- If you want the cucumbers in the appetizer not to be lethargic, they are soaked in cold water before chopping or placing in jars. The fruit should be in it for about 2 hours. Exceed this time is not worth it to avoid souring vegetables. Before steeping cucumbers are washed, cut off their tips.
- Banks for cucumbers are sterilized, even if the recipe involves the subsequent sterilization of snacks in a water bath. Due to this, the risk that cans of cucumbers “explode” before reaching winter is significantly reduced. The lids are also sterilized by boiling. You can use only metal covers to ensure tightness, plastic ones will not work.
- Tomatoes for pouring require taking ripe or even overripe, but not spoiled. If you remove them from the skins and seeds before grinding, the pouring will be more tender and pleasant to the taste. Peeling tomatoes will be easy if you cut them crosswise and lower them for 2-3 minutes in hot water, then cool them by transferring them into a container of cold water. To remove the seeds, the fruit is cut in half and the seed sacs are removed with a small spoon.
- If you decide to add garlic to the filling to give a savory snack to the snack, this should be done last, since with prolonged heat treatment this product loses its burning properties.
- After seaming, the cucumber jars are turned over. For better preservation, the jar can be covered with a blanket, thereby creating the effect of a steam bath. But many housewives prefer cucumbers do not wrap, so that they remain more crispy.
Cucumbers in tomato sauce, closed for the winter without violating the technology and recipes, usually stand up well even at room temperature, although they will feel much better in a cool room.
Whole cucumbers in tomato sauce
Composition (3 liters):
- cucumbers - 1, 5 kg;
- tomatoes - 2-2, 5 kg;
- salt - 60 g;
- sugar - 60 g;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- black pepper peas - 15 pcs .;
- allspice peas - 5 pcs .;
- hot peppers - 1 cm;
- carnation - 5 pcs .;
- horseradish leaf - 1 pc .;
- leaves of fruit trees (optional) - to taste;
- acetic essence (70%) - 2-3 ml;
- acetylsalicylic acid - 2 tablets.
Method of preparation:
- Wash cucumbers, cut off their tips. Put the fruit in an enamelled bucket or a large saucepan, cover with cold water.
- Boil water in another large saucepan. Tomatoes, washed out, cut crosswise on the side opposite the stem, and lower them into boiling water. Blanch for 3 minutes.
- Catch the tomatoes with a skimmer and put into a container with cold water. Cooled off the fruits of the skin.
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 pieces, removing the seals in the area of the stem. Grind with a meat grinder.
- Wash, dry spices and spices.
- Wash with soda and sterilize the jars, boil suitable lids.
- Cut the horseradish sheet in half, divide the garlic cloves and cherry, currant leaves equally.
- At the bottom of the cans, put peppercorns, one part horseradish, cherry leaves and currants, garlic cloves. Add a small ring of hot pepper.
- Wash the cucumbers. When they dry, lay them on the banks, trying to lay them as tightly as possible.
- Place the remaining garlic leaves and cloves on top.
- Boil water, pour cucumbers. Cover the jars with clean lids. Wait 15 minutes.
- Drain the water from the cans into the pan, add a little clean water (approximately 0, 2 l). Bring to a boil. Pour over the banks. Wait 15 minutes.
- Drain the liquid from the cans.
- Bringer tomato sauce to a boil, boil for 10 minutes.
- Pound aspirin tablets into powder, scatter on cans. Add salt, sugar, vinegar essence to the jars.
- Pour the tomato puree in the cucumbers.
- Roll banks, flip.
After cooling, canned food can be stored in a closet, preferably unheated, or in another place where you usually store supplies for the winter.
Sliced cucumbers in tomato sauce for the winter
Composition (for 3-3, 5 l):
- cucumbers - 2, 5 kg;
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- garlic - 20 cloves;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 80 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 150 ml;
- salt - 50 g;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- pepper, cloves - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the cucumbers and peel them off; cut the flesh into cubes of about 1.5 cm.
- Boil in tomatoes, peel, turn into mashed potatoes using a meat grinder or blender.
- In the same way, chop peeled seeds.
- Combine tomato mashed potatoes with pepper, add oil, vinegar, sugar and salt to them. You can add spices.
- Put it on the stove. Over low heat, bring to a boil, boil for 5 minutes.
- Put cucumbers in tomato sauce, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic passed through the press. Cook for another 3 minutes, remove from heat.
- Spread cucumbers on sterilized jars, pour sauce in which they were stewed. Roll up the banks.
- Place the containers upside down, wait for them to cool.
You can keep snacks even at room temperature. Thanks to the garlic and sweet pepper, which is part of the tomato fill, this appetizer of sliced cucumbers has a savory taste.
A simple recipe for cucumbers in tomato sauce
Composition (3 liters):
- cucumbers - 1, 5-1, 7 kg;
- tomato juice - 1 l;
- boiled water - 0, 25 l;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 150 ml;
- salt - 40 g;
- sugar - 150 g;
- bay leaf, black pepper, garlic cloves - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Soak cucumbers in cold water, rinse and dry after 2 hours.
- Place garlic cloves and laurel leaves in prepared jars.
- Fill the jars with cucumbers.
- Pour boiling water over cucumbers, pour out water in 20 minutes.
- Tomato juice mixed with water, salt, sugar, add pepper to taste. Boil this mixture for 10 minutes and pour into cups of cucumbers.
- Hermetically close the jars, flip.
It is advisable to keep a snack in a cool place, but in a warm room it usually costs well.
Cucumbers in tomato fill - one of the unusual blanks for the winter. You can prepare canned food according to different recipes, which have different degrees of complexity, allow you to get foods with different organoleptic qualities. Cucumbers can be served separately, and the filling, in which they were pickled, can be used as a sauce.