You should not put hrenovuhu in one row with zaboristymi seasonings. Only one thing can unite them: horseradish is possible in a vegetable snack. And the rest is a different field of berries.
Horseradish is a strong alcoholic drink infused with horseradish. The basis of hrenovuhi can serve as ethyl alcohol, diluted in half with water, vodka and even moonshine. Most importantly, they should not contain dyes and aromatic substances. Aroma hrenovuha ennobled later - after insisting.
With the manufacture of horseradish can handle absolutely any adult citizen. Well, or a citizen. Do not forget that this is an alcoholic product, albeit very useful. Of course, in moderate doses and if there are no contraindications due to the state of health.
And the benefit of hrenovuhi is that due to the presence of horseradish in it, which has bactericidal properties, it can be taken orally with hypothermia or the first signs of a cold. No wonder in Russia - and this tincture of true Russian origin - in almost every house, in the pantry or cellar, there were bottles of horseradish.
If you put such a tincture on a festive table, then your guests will also appreciate its taste. And do not forget to serve a hearty meat dish to it, because it is best combined with meat.
How to make hrenovuhu
Proceed to the production of horseradish when the root reaches maturity, becomes juicy and fleshy. Usually harvested in the fall.
Dug horseradish quickly loses moisture, dries, becomes sluggish. Therefore, it should be recycled as soon as possible, cleaned and filled with cold water, but for no more than 3 hours.
In a simple horseradish except horseradish add only honey. But you can refine its taste, putting in addition to this vegetable lemon zest, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, garlic and other spices to choose from. As mentioned above, horseradish can be put on moonshine, alcohol or vodka. But do not use for this inferior alcohol, otherwise it will significantly spoil the taste of the drink.
In total, the process of making hrenovuhi lasts about 7-10 days. This includes mixing ingredients, insisting, filtering and settling.
And now - recipes, among which you can find the one that you like most.
Horseradish with lemon juice
Ingredients (per one liter jar):
- horseradish root - 50 g;
- vodka - 1 l;
- honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- juice of one lemon.
- Peel the horseradish root, wash, cut into thin slices. If you want to get a drink with a more pronounced aroma, rub horseradish on a grater. Put it in the jar.
- Add honey and lemon juice, pour horseradish vodka. Mix thoroughly. Close the jar with a capron lid, put in a dark cool place for 4 days.
- Then hrenovuhu strain through cheesecloth and again leave in a dark place at the same time.
- Distilled and clear drink bottled. Put in the fridge.
Horseradish with ginger
Ingredients (per three-liter jar):
- horseradish root - 200 g;
- wheat vodka - 2, 7 l;
- ginger - 50 g;
- black pepper peas - 10 pcs .;
- liquid honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- carnation - 3 buds.
- Peel the root of horseradish and ginger, cutting off the skin. Wash in cold water. Cut into large strips. Fold in the jar. Immediately put the pepper and cloves.
- Pour all the vodka. Drink in the process of insisting does not ferment, so fill the jar to the top. Close the capron lid. Clean in a dark cool place for 5-6 days.
- After this time, the drink will acquire a slightly golden color, but at the same time there will be a slight turbidity. Transfer horseradish to another jar using a sieve.
- Pour a small amount of horseradish into a mug, add honey and stir thoroughly until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour the honey liquid back into the jar, mix.
- Cover the jar with a lid and leave it in a dark place for another 2-3 days. During this time, horseradish will settle and become transparent, only at the bottom there will be a slight sediment of the smallest fragments of horseradish and ginger.
- Strain the crap through a few layers of gauze into another bowl, and then pour it into clean, dry bottles. Close the traffic jams. Put in the fridge for complete cooling.
Horseradish with cinnamon and nutmeg
Ingredients (per two-liter jar):
- horseradish root - 100 g;
- 90% ethyl alcohol - 1 l;
- ginger - 20 g;
- peel of one lemon;
- honey - 1 tbsp. l;
- cinnamon - 0, 5 tsp;
- nutmeg - 0, 2 tsp;
- cloves - 2 pcs.
- Peel horseradish root and ginger. Rinse under running water. Cut into thin slices. Fold in the jar.
- Add the zest. It can be simply cut from the lemon with a knife. Immediately put the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves. Dissolve honey in a small amount of warm water. Pour into a jar.
- Dilute alcohol in half with water. If you want to get a drink of greater strength, pour a little less water. Pour into a jar, filling it to the top. Close the capron lid, clean in a dark place for 4-5 days. Stir the liquid every day.
- Then hrenovuhu strain through cheesecloth. Leave in a dark place for another 4 days. During this time, it will settle and lighten. Gently bottle. Refrigerate to cool.
Horseradish with cumin
Ingredients (per 1 liter jar):
- horseradish root - 50 g;
- vodka or moonshine - 1 l;
- ginger - 20 g;
- cumin - pinch;
- allspice - 3 pcs .;
- carnation - 2 buds;
- black pepper - 5 peas;
- honey - 1 tbsp. l
- Peel the horseradish and ginger, wash in cold water. Rub on a Korean grater. Fold in the jar.
- Add pepper, cumin, cloves and vodka diluted in honey.
- Fill the contents of the jar with vodka or moonshine. Close the lid, clean for 10 days in a dark cool place.
- Then hrenovuhu strain through several layers of gauze, pour into bottles. Put in the fridge. The beverage during this time will cool and lighten.
Hrenovuha from long storage becomes worse, so do it so much that you can drink in the near future. Of course, not zealous at the same time. Especially since horseradish can be done, especially without bothering, at any time of the year.
But remember that hrenovuha can bring both benefit and harm. Therefore, drink wisely. And be healthy!