Dumplings are a popular convenience food that can be found in the freezer in almost every home. The popularity of this product is due, of course, the taste and speed of preparation. In addition, dumplings can be purchased at most stores. Some housewives prefer homemade ravioli. But whatever dumplings you prefer, they should always be fresh. So how many dumplings are stored and how to store them so that they do not spoil?
Duration of ravioli
Dumplings, as mentioned above, you can either buy or cook at home. Home and store dumplings differ among themselves, and therefore should be told about their storage separately.
Shelf life home dumplings
Previously, people living in a harsh climate, that is, in the North, kept their own cooked dumplings on the verandas, and for quite a long time. In the freezer, the shelf life of dumplings varies with temperature, that is, the colder it is, the longer the dumplings remain fresh.
- The minimum storage temperature for dumplings is -10 degrees. At such a temperature regime, the test ears do not undergo damage for one month.
- At -18 degrees, the shelf life of dumplings increases significantly. If during the storage of the product in the freezer there were no temperature drops, they can lie, without spoiling, for six months.
- If the temperature in the freezer is constantly maintained at -24 degrees and lower, dumplings should be stored for 9 months. It is important to note that the expiration of the specified period does not mean that the dumplings have deteriorated. At such low temperatures, they can be stored for very long.
There are cases when it is impossible to freeze the whole sticky dumpling of ravioli, therefore the hostesses resort to the help of the refrigerating chamber. The shelf life of freshly made dumplings, if stored in a refrigerator, is 1-2 days at a temperature not higher than 4 degrees. If the stuffing is not homemade, but purchased, it is better to eat the dumplings on the day of cooking. Fish and mushroom mince spoils very quickly, so dumplings with it are not suitable for storage in the refrigerator.
Store dumplings shelf life
The semi-finished product purchased in the store is best stored for no longer than 30 days at a temperature that does not exceed -18 degrees.
When buying dumplings, always pay attention to their composition. In the test-ear stuffing there should be at least 60% ground beef. Also in the quality product there are no preservatives and antioxidants. If the packaging has a long shelf life, it means that the dumplings contain harmful additives and soy. From the stuck together products and dumplings with a gray dough, too, should be abandoned: they were stored incorrectly, and therefore can cause food poisoning.
Shelf storage of dumplings
If after the meal there were uneaten boiled dumplings, they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours at a temperature not higher than 5 degrees. Only pre-dumplings must be greased with butter and placed in a container with a lid.
Boiled ravioli, stored in the refrigerator, before eating it must either be heated in a microwave or fry.
The freezer is absolutely not suitable for storing boiled pastry ears. Under the influence of low temperatures, boiled pelmeni lose their structure and become like rubber.
Factors affecting the shelf life of dumplings
How long the dumplings can lie in the home freezer and not deteriorate depends on several nuances:
- First of all, the shelf life of a product depends on the composition and quality of the ingredients used.
- Also, the shelf life of the purchased product is affected by the storage conditions. If the dumplings were stored improperly during the transportation period or in the supermarket, then even at low temperatures they will not remain for a long time.
- The tightness of the packaging capacity allows you to preserve the freshness of the dumplings. If the integrity of the packaging in which the dough ears were stored is broken, they will quickly dry out, as a result of which they will begin to crumble.
- When buying dumplings, they should not be thawed. After purchase, the product should be sent to the freezer as quickly as possible. If the dumplings melt, neither repeated freezing nor shock freezing guarantee the preservation of taste and freshness.
Despite the fact that the dumplings can stay fresh long enough, you should not stock up on this product for the future. The faster you use them, the tastier and healthier they will be.