Mexican chicken with vegetables is cooked very quickly if there is a frozen vegetable mix of carrots, onions, bell peppers and corn on hand. However, all these ingredients are quite affordable and most likely are in your fridge. Be sure to need a tomato in any form - it can be finely chopped tomatoes, tomato puree or tomato paste. The recipe used tomato dressing for homemade borscht.
List of ingredients:
- 1 carrot,
- 1 bulb,
- 2 tbsp. l frying oils,
- 1 Bulgarian pepper,
- 200 g of canned corn,
- 4 tbsp. l tomato puree,
- 350 g chicken fillet,
- 1, 5 tsp. salt,
- 0, 5 tsp. spices,
- greens before serving.
1. Carrots need to be cleaned and washed well, grated or finely chopped as desired. Peel the onions and cut them arbitrarily - into cubes or straws.
2. Chicken breast or fillets already cut from the skeleton, cut into squares or strips.
3. Wash and remove the Bulgarian or sweet peppers - remove the seeds and the stem, then cut the vegetable into strips. Heat any vegetable oil in the pan, you can also add a piece of butter. After a minute, place the prepared vegetables.
4. After 2-3 minutes of roasting, add the chicken fillet and, stirring, wait another 5 minutes.
5. Using a can opener, open a jar of canned corn and drain the liquid, transfer the required amount to the pan, salt and add any spices, mix.
6. Add the tomato mass to the pan after another 5 minutes. You can add a little water, stir and simmer under the lid closed over low heat for 10 minutes. Keep all the water from boiling off and vegetables and meat do not start to stick to the bottom of the pan. By the way, you can take a stewpan with a thick bottom, especially if you are cooking chicken for a large number of tasters.
The dish is ready, serve warm, sprinkled with fresh chopped greens (optional).