Paprikash belongs to the national cuisine of Hungary, it is prepared mainly from chicken meat. Chicken stew with onions and red, juicy, fleshy pepper. It is better to use not fat-free chicken fillet, but slices of meat, cut, for example, from thighs or shins. Then the meat will be very soft and tender, with a vegetable flavor. Chicken paprikash is suitable for lunch or dinner, to any side dish, but rather to a vegetable salad.
List of ingredients:
- 1 Bulgarian pepper,
- 1 large onion,
- 600 g of chicken meat,
- 2 tbsp. l frying oils,
- 3 cloves of garlic,
- 2 tbsp. l sour cream,
- 1 tsp. salt,
- 1/5 tsp. ground paprika.
How to cook chicken paprikash
1. First you need to prepare vegetables for frying. Bulgarian pepper wash and cut into 3-4 parts, remove the stem and seeds. Cut into thin short straws. Peel a large onion and cut into thin halves of the rings.
2. Wash the chicken meat and cut it into small pieces, the skin can be removed. Also check the pieces for cartilage and bones.
3. Heat a spoonful of cooking oil in a pan and place the meat pieces. Stir fry the chicken over high heat for 4-5 minutes, then remove from the pan.
4. Put chopped peppers and onions in the pan, you can add oil. Fry vegetables for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
5. Transfer the fried chicken pieces to the vegetables in the pan. Simmer all together for about 15 minutes, you can add 50 ml of water.
6. Peel and chop the garlic, add to the pan. Also add salt, add paprika and, if desired, other spices and sour cream of any fat content. Stir and simmer all together for another 10 minutes.
7. To make the paprikash not roast, but rather stew, you can add a little more water or broth. Ready chicken turns out very soft and juicy. Serve with gravy, before serving, decorate with a sprig of fresh herbs.