Pasta from fruits and berries, our ancestors learned to do several centuries ago. They put mashed potatoes in a thin layer on the fabric and dried in the oven, gradually adding new layers. It was possible to dry the fruit mass in order to get a useful delicacy in the open air. Over time, the technology of cooking dessert improved, but not much has changed. Pasta from apples remained one of the easiest sweets to prepare, although this process takes a lot of time. Given that apple trees in most regions of our country bear fruit well, the delicacy of these fruits is inexpensive and sometimes is a good way to find the use of fruits ripened in large quantities.
The technology of making pastila from apples may vary, but the general principles do not depend on the recipe.
- For the preparation of apple puree, which serves as the basis for marshmallow, no peel is used. Fruits can be peeled immediately or after roasting in the oven. The core with seeds is usually removed at the stage of preparing apples for baking, but sometimes after it.
- Sugar or honey is often added to puree: they not only improve the taste of the dessert, but also help it thicken more quickly.
- With marshmallow honey, it turns out to be more delicious, but it sticks more to the hands. Buckwheat honey can interrupt the flavor of apples. With floral honey, the fruit candy thickens very slowly, remains slightly sticky.
- Sometimes egg whites are used to make pastes, then it is white and airy, like a store.
- When using egg whites, in the event that they are not prescribed by heat treatment, you can only choose products that you are sure are safe. Before breaking eggs, they must be thoroughly washed with a sponge and soap.
- For color and flavor, you can add juice and puree of other berries and fruits, natural colors and flavors to apple paste.
- When drying applesauce in the oven, leave the door open. Close the oven at this time is possible only if the stove has a convection function and you have activated it.
Pastille, prepared without adding proteins, can be stored at room temperature, it will not spoil for at least 4 months. If proteins were used, it is impossible to store pastila for more than a month at room temperature, so the refrigerator should be the storage place for such a dessert. Pre-marshmallow sprinkled with powdered sugar, placed in containers or cans that can be tightly closed.
Apples paste with sugar
- apples - 2 kg;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 100 ml.
- Wash apples, put them on a baking sheet, pour water on it.
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees, put a baking sheet in it, bake the apples for 40 minutes.
- Wait for the apples to cool to a non-scalding temperature. Divide them into several pieces and rub through a sieve, separating the flesh from the rind, seeds and other rough parts of the fruit.
- Lay parchment on a baking sheet.
- Reduce the temperature in the oven to 80-90 degrees.
- Combine applesauce with sugar and beat with a mixer for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the apple mixture on a baking sheet, level with a spatula Mashed potatoes should be a thin layer (5 mm thick or slightly more).
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 6 hours. Keep the door open at this time.
- After a specified time, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle the fruit candy with powdered sugar or starch to make it less sticky.
- Cut the product into strips, roll into rolls.
Put the pastille in jars and containers, close them tightly and place in a place of permanent storage. For such a marshmallow, it is desirable that the place is cool, protected from light, but it will not spoil in an ordinary kitchen cabinet.
Apple fruit candy with honey
- apples - 1 kg;
- honey - 0, 25 l.
- Peel the fruits, cut the seed boxes out of them. Cut the flesh into pieces and mash it with a blender.
- Melt the honey to a liquid state, mix with the apple mass.
- Put the mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Place it in an oven heated to 100 degrees and dry it with the oven open for 5 hours.
- Turn the pastille over and continue to dry it for another hour.
After sprinkling the ready-made treat with starch, cut it into pieces and place in a container in which you plan to store the dessert. Keep it recommended in a cool place, but not necessarily in the refrigerator.
Pastille from apples with added proteins
- apples - 1 kg;
- sugar - 0, 4 kg;
- egg white - 1 pc .;
- agar-agar - 4 g;
- water - 60 ml;
- vanillin - 1 g;
- icing sugar - how much will go.
- Cut the apples into halves, remove the seed boxes.
- Bake halves of apples until they are completely softened. If fruits are baked in a microwave oven at maximum power, they will be ready in 5 minutes.
- With a spoon, remove the pulp from the apples, wipe it through a sieve and mix with 0, 25 kg of sugar. Beat with a mixer.
- Fill the agar-agar with water, leave for some time.
- Beat chilled protein.
- Heat the agar-agar over low heat, add the rest of the sugar. Cook for 2 minutes to completely dissolve the sugar.
- Add vanillin and protein to applesauce. Beat with a mixer. The mixture should completely turn white and slightly increase in volume.
- Continuing to beat mashed potatoes, pour syrup with agar-agar into it.
- Pour the mass into baked paper form.
- Cover with gauze and leave at room temperature for 6 hours.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the pastille, turn it over, sprinkle with the powder on the other side.
- Cut the pastille into rectangular pieces, dip the sides of each piece in powdered sugar.
- Leave the pastille to dry for another 6 hours.
Pastille cooked according to this recipe reminds one that is sold in stores.
Pastila of apples - a traditional dessert. Many take it to tea in the store, not even knowing how easy it is to cook it at home.