Thick jam for the winter is the easiest and fastest way to cook apples. Apples are rich in pectins, and these are substances that, when the temperature rises and the action of organic acids, swell, turning into a gel-like mass - therefore apple jam from crushed apples can be cooked in 20 minutes.
In principle, such a dessert is more correctly called jam, because in jam fruits or berries remain intact, boiling in thick syrup, but in everyday life these terms are often mixed.
If you want to completely get rid of the taste of raw apples, you need to cook the jam longer to a rich amber color, while reducing the heat to a minimum and often stirring the mass.
- kilogram of apples;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- a glass of water.
Apple jam: cooking recipe
1. To prepare delicious apple jam, we will prepare products - apples and sugar.
2. Selected apples gently peel, remove excess (legs, seeds) and cut into small pieces.
3. Place the apples in the blender bowl.
4. Chop into smaller pieces. If desired, you can bring the fruit to the state of gruel, then in the finished jam will not be slices of apples.
5. Put the apples in a small saucepan and pour sugar on top. The traditional ratio is one to one (a kilogram of fruit is a kilogram of sugar), but it must be adjusted depending on the type of fruit.
6. Fill the apples with a glass of water and set on a quiet fire.
7. Boil lids in water for 10 minutes.
8. Banks need to be well washed. You can sterilize them in different ways - steamed, in an oven or a double boiler.
9. Jam after boiling should be stirred frequently. It should be cooked for about 20 minutes until the apple slices are transparent.
10. The finished jam is placed in sterilized jars.
11. Close or roll the prepared lid. Useful apple jam ready!