Seafood cocktail is a mixture of seafood. It usually consists of peeled mussels and small shrimps, octopus pieces, rings and squid tentacles. All these products are considered dietary, as they contain a lot of protein and have a low energy value. Seafood contains many elements that are necessary for the human body, which makes them even more attractive for supporters of healthy food. You can use them for cooking various dishes, but many are particularly fond of salads with a sea cocktail. These snacks are cooked quickly and easily, are tasty, light and look presentable enough to be served to the festive table.
Technologies for preparing salads with a sea cocktail can be different, as the appetizer has many options. Regardless of the recipe chosen, the culinary specialist will need to know a few things. If you do not take them into account, you can get a hardly edible dish instead of a delicious dish.
- Sea cocktail is available in frozen or pickled form, in oil. For the preparation of salads usually use frozen product. It is better to choose seafood, subjected to shock freezing.
- Sea cocktail is usually cheaper by weight than packaged, but it is often a mixture of seafood of different shelf life, from which previous customers have already managed to choose the most delicious. Preference is better to give pre-packaged product produced by a company with a good reputation.
- Before you buy, you should carefully inspect the packaging with a sea cocktail. It should not be broken, there should be no snow, water and pieces of ice inside. Pay attention to the time of manufacture and shelf life of the product.
- You do not need to defrost the sea shake before cooking.
- You can make a sea cocktail in two ways: boil it by dipping it in boiling water or fry it. The cooking method depends on the recipe of the salad, and the time is 3-5 minutes. It can not be exceeded, otherwise squid and octopus will become tough, like rubber.
- Before adding to a sea shake salad, cool it down. This also applies to other products subjected to heat treatment. If you combine hot ingredients with cold ingredients, including those with cold sauce, the snack will quickly turn sour.
- Salad with sea cocktail can be plain or flaky. Puff must be done 2-3 hours before serving to the table, so that the layers have time to soak in the sauce. Regular salad is harvested immediately before being put on the table so that it remains fresh as long as possible.
Salads with a sea cocktail can be prepared on weekdays, since a lot of time and effort is not required. Taste and presentable appearance of snacks allow you to make it for a festive feast.
Seafood salad with tomatoes and cheese
- sea cocktail - 0.5 kg;
- pitted olives - 100 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 25 kg;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- leaf lettuce - 20 g;
- soy sauce - 20 ml;
- olive oil - to taste.
- Boil water, dip the sea shake in it, boil for 3 minutes, drain in a colander. When the water is drained, put the seafood on a plate, leave to cool.
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut the vegetables in half, spoon out the juicy pulp with seeds. Cut the remaining flesh into cubes.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Cut the olives across into 3-4 parts each.
- Put sea cocktail, tomatoes, olives and cheese in a large bowl, mix.
- Pick up lettuce leaves, put on a dish.
- Pass the garlic through the press, mix with soy sauce and butter. Season the salad.
- Transfer the appetizer to the lettuce leaves and serve.
Instead of dressing with soy sauce, butter and garlic, you can use a mixture of mayonnaise and Dijon mustard (a tablespoon of mustard per 100 ml of mayonnaise). The first version of the snack easier, the second - more satisfying.
Salad with sea cocktail, cucumbers and corn
- sea cocktail - 0.5 kg;
- tomato - 150 g;
- cucumbers - 0, 3 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- canned corn - 100 g;
- raisins - 50 g;
- lettuce leaves - 50 g;
- sunflower seeds (peeled) - 20 g;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- mayonnaise or sour cream - 150 ml;
- green onions - 50 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Boil the sea cocktail in salted water with the addition of black pepper. Cool it down.
- Boil eggs hard, cool under cold running water, free from shell and chop finely.
- Wash cucumbers and tomatoes. Cut vegetables into thin slices.
- Chop green onions finely.
- Stir the raisins, fill it with hot water for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, fold the seafood, eggs, vegetables, green onions and raisins, mix. Add corn.
- Combine lemon juice with mayonnaise or sour cream, add salt and season to taste.
- Fill the sauce with the chopped products, put them in a salad bowl, after placing the salad leaves in it.
Sprinkle the salad with the seeds before serving. They can be replaced with pine nuts, sesame.
Salad with sea cocktail, rice and Chinese cabbage
- rice - 80 g;
- sea cocktail - 0, 5 kg;
- Chinese cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- ground black pepper, salt, sour cream or mayonnaise - to taste.
- Rinse the rice to clear water, add clean water, boil until ready, rinse and cool.
- Heat oil in a pan, put sea cocktail on it. Fry over medium heat, stirring for 4 minutes. Pepper, mix, put in a bowl. Wait until cool.
- Chop cabbage finely, put it to seafood, add rice. Stir.
- Fill with sour cream or mayonnaise, put it in a salad bowl.
Despite the simplicity of the recipe, the salad is tasty and satisfying.
Salad with pickled sea cocktail
- pickled sea cocktail - 0, 3-0, 35 kg;
- marinated sea kale - 0, 2-0, 25 kg;
- fresh cucumbers - 0, 4 kg;
- canned corn - 150 g;
- pitted olives - 150 g;
- soy sauce, olive oil - to taste.
- Drain excess liquid from cans of canned food.
- Put sea kale and seafood in a bowl.
- Wash cucumbers, dry with a napkin. Cut into thin semicircles, add to the gifts of the sea.
- Slice the olives, put them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the preserved corn into a bowl with other foods.
- Add soy sauce and butter, mix.
Snacks for this recipe are easy and useful. Salad has a spicy taste. He is happy to be eaten by many of those who are cool to sea kale. Instead of butter and soy sauce for dressing salad, you can use mayonnaise or cheese sauce.
Seafood Cocktail and Asparagus Salad
- sea cocktail - 0.5 kg;
- marinated asparagus - 0, 25 kg;
- celery stalks - 0, 2 kg;
- pickled ginger - 20 g;
- fresh cucumbers - 0, 3 kg;
- soy sauce, vegetable oil, pepper, greens - to taste.
- Boil the sea cocktail in salted water with pepper, cool, finely chop the ingredients that make up it.
- Wash, dry, blot celery stalks. Finely chop.
- Cut the cucumbers into small cubes.
- Crush pickled ginger.
- Mix the chopped products, add asparagus, chopped greens to them, mix.
- Season the appetizer with a mixture of vegetable oil and soy sauce.
The taste of the snack prepared according to this recipe is truly unique. Its preparation requires a lot of time for grinding food, but the result justifies the effort spent.
Layered salad with sea cocktail and red caviar
- sea cocktail - 0.5 kg;
- chicken egg - 5 pcs .;
- hard cheese - 150 g;
- red caviar - 100 g;
- mayonnaise - as required.
- Boil, cool the sea cocktail.
- Cool-boiled eggs, cool, peel, divide into whites and yolks, rub into separate plates.
- Put the egg yolks on a dish, pour mayonnaise.
- Put seafood on top, cover them with mayonnaise net.
- Put seafood on the yolks, smear them with sauce.
- Cover the cheese, chopped on a fine grater.
- With mayonnaise, put a net on the salad, put a small spoonful of caviar in each cell.
Salad made according to this recipe is sometimes called “Royal”, this name speaks for itself.
How to decorate a salad with a sea cocktail
Seafood makes an appetizer gourmet, but improper serving of a dish can spoil the impression by making a salad with a sea cocktail not attractive enough. It is especially important to take care of decorating the food, if it is served at the festive table. You can offer a few ideas on the design of these snacks.
- Elegantly and elegantly, a salad with a sea cocktail will look great if served in creamer or cocktail glasses.
- If you serve seafood cocktail salad on plates, it can be laid out using special forms with a press. Replace them can ordinary can, which has cut the bottom.
- You can decorate a salad with an octopus made from half an egg and squid tentacles.
- An ornament for a salad can be flowers from eggs, tomatoes, and other vegetables that make up it.
If there is no time to decorate a salad, it is enough to lay it on lettuce leaves - thanks to this, it will look much more elegant.
Salad with sea cocktail is a versatile snack that can be prepared on weekdays and offered for the festive table. There are so many variants of this dish that it is difficult not to choose any one to taste.