Some people think that unripe cereal beans - these are chilli. And from it you can cook different dishes. But the fact is that grain beans are suitable only for grain (hence the name), and vegetable beans are grown for pods, or, as they are also called, sugar. This bean has a very delicate pod without a coarse parchment layer.
String beans are eaten when the pods are still green, tender, and the kernels are small and very soft.
There are varieties (intermediate), which also belong to cereals, but they have such a thin parchment layer that at a young age these shovels can be used as food. Of course, pre-boil them.
How to prepare green beans for cooking
- The pods are sorted out, removing yellowed ones, because they will remain hard even after boiling.
- Do pods nadlamyvayut tail and pull in the opposite direction from him. At the same time, the vein connecting both halves of the pod comes off.
- After that, the pods are washed in cold water.
- Before cooking, they are cut across into three or four pieces or cut into diamonds.
How to cook green beans in a pan
- To preserve more nutrients, the pods are placed in boiling water that is salted (10 g of salt are taken per liter of water).
- To prevent the pods from losing their green color, they are boiled in a large amount of water (3-4 kg of water are taken per kilogram of beans).
- Cook until cooked, trying not to digest them. This is about 5-7 minutes. But still the cooking time depends on the maturity of the beans: the older the pod, the longer it will cook.
- Then the beans are thrown back into a colander.
Green beans can be spiked in a small amount of salted water. The lid must be closed. In this case, the water is not drained, and the boiled pods are mixed with spices, spread in a salad bowl and sprinkled with herbs.
How to cook green beans in the microwave
- Green pods of beans are sorted out, removing unsuitable for cooking, free from tails and veins.
- Cut into pieces.
- Put in a saucepan and pour cold water.
- Heat at full power for 11 minutes. At the same time the lid must be closed.
- Pods spread in a colander. Or add the remaining vegetables, spices and cook a few more minutes, depending on the recipe.
How to cook green beans in a slow cooker
- The pods are cut off by tails and remove the vein holding the two wings together.
- Wash blades in cold water.
- Pour water into the slow cooker, salt and bring to a boil.
- Dip the pods and boil for 6-7 minutes. If boiled frozen green beans are boiled, the boiling time is increased by five minutes.
- Throw back on a colander to drain water. Use depending on the recipe.
If the multicooker has the function “Steaming”, then the green pods of beans can be steamed. To do this, pour a little water into the slow cooker, put the beans into a special bowl with holes. Cook until soft shoulder blades, it is about 10-15 minutes.
How to cook green beans in a double boiler
- Prepared beans are washed in cold water.
- Put in a steamer bowl.
- Turn on the network.
- Cook about 15 minutes until soft.
- Served with butter, sauce, or used to prepare other dishes.
How to cook frozen green beans
- Frozen green beans, without defrosting, immersed in boiling salted water and boiled for about 7 minutes.
- Throw back on a colander and wait until all the water is drained. If the shovels are needed for salad, then you can drop them immediately after cooking for a few seconds in a pan with cold water. This method of cooling will not let them soften much and lose color.
- When cooking, which includes other vegetables, take into account the cooking time of all the ingredients, and put them in the pan in turn.
Boiled green beans are good as a separate dish, or you can use it to cook other equally tasty dishes.