Turkey has long ceased to be exotic in our menu, a large bird often replaces other varieties with its meat in quite familiar recipes. Large pieces of fillet or chopped portion size thighs are used for roasting and stews. From turkey it turns out very tasty pilaf, and from minced meat patties, cabbage rolls and dumplings.
Of course, our talented hostesses could not appreciate this bird as a kebab. Turkey, after appropriate marinating, can rip off any other kind of meat. In our selection of turkey kebabs, the most delicious marinade is prepared quite simply, with a choice of wine, vinegar, lemon and spices.
General principles of cooking kebab from turkey and the most delicious marinade to it
• From whatever part of the turkey you decide to make a kebab, the main thing is the appropriate selection of meat. It should not be frozen, such kebabs will turn out dry and tough.
• Any part of the carcass before cooking on charcoal must be kept in the marinade. It helps to make slightly harsh and dry turkey meat more juicy, tender and tasty.
• Meat is soaked in marinade, at the very beginning of kebab preparation, after washing and cutting into pieces.
• Most marinades are prepared using edible acids (lemon juice or vinegar), they add vegetable oils containing emollient enzymes (olive, sunflower, sesame, etc.).
• The basic taste of kebabs is given by herbs, vegetables, spices and various sauces added to the marinade.
• Turkey fillet skewers are cooked, mostly strung on skewers aged in water or made of thin metal skewers. It is advisable to fry other parts of the carcass on a special grill. It must be clean and well-oiled vegetable fat. Meat spread on a hot grill, lubricate it with oil is also better only hot. • Pieces of turkey meat should be strung on skewers so that it does not hang down. Otherwise, such “hanging” pieces will quickly burn. When frying on the grill turkey lay skin up and first fry the lower part.
• For cooking kebabs, it is best to take birch, linden, oak or any other coals from hardwood, best of all fruit, trees. Coniferous, with resinous wood, will give a kebab a characteristic flavor that can not be interrupted by any sauces.
Turkey Barbecue: the most delicious marinade with soy sauce - “Special”
• two kilos of turkey fillet;
• two medium zucchini;
• six heads of red onions;
• two sweet peppers;
• potato - 6 medium sized tubers;
• eight tablespoons of quality plant. oils;
• two teaspoons of lemon juice.
In the marinade:
• half a cup of sesame oil;
• a glass of dark soy sauce;
• two tablespoons of chopped fresh ginger;
• three large cloves of garlic.
1. Mix the soy sauce with sesame oil. Add chopped ginger, crushed garlic and mix the marinade well.
2. Cut the turkey meat in equal portions and cover with the cooked marinade. Cover with a lid, refrigerate for at least six hours.
3. Slice zucchini potatoes in large circles, chop the onion into rings.
4. With lemon oil, mix lemon juice, lightly salt the mixture, pepper to taste and pour chopped vegetables in the sauce for half an hour.
5. String pieces of meat and vegetables on skewers so that the meat is between the pieces of bell pepper, and fry until ready on the coals.
Turkey kebab: the most delicious marinade with honey - “Summer”
• fillet (turkey breasts) - 700 grams;
• three table. spoons of fresh coriander (cilantro);
• four pods (green) - cardamom;
• 2.5 Art. spoons of honey;
• two large lemons;
• Cherry tomatoes - 30 pcs.
Cooking Method: 1. Mix honey with olive oil. Add finely shredded lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Put the crushed cardamom seeds, finely chopped coriander, season with black pepper and mix well.
2. Release the turkey from the skin, if any, and cut into small, symmetrical pieces. Pour the meat with marinade, stir well and place, covered with a lid, for three hours in the refrigerator.
3. Pour wooden skewers with cold water for half an hour. Then string portions of turkey fillets on them, alternating the meat with Cherry halves.
4. Fry on the coals, constantly lubricating the kebab marinade.
Turkey kebab: the most delicious marinade on dark beer with honey
• one and a half kilograms of turkey hips;
• half a cup of honey;
• three cloves of garlic;
• half a bottle of dark beer;
• a teaspoon of dry mustard;
• table. spoon of fragrant vegetable oil.
• 1/2 glass jar of thick tomato;
• onion head;
• garlic - 2 teeth;
• salt, sugar, greens - to taste.
1. Rinse the turkey thighs thoroughly, pat dry, chop in portions and salt well.
2. Then, rub the meat from all sides with crushed garlic and place in the pan selected for marinating.
3. Pour dark beer in a separate bowl and mix it with honey. Add dry mustard, spices, vegetable oil. Stir marinade thoroughly and pour thighs overnight.
4. To make a tomato sauce, dilute the tomato paste with a small amount of water. Adjust the taste of the sauce by adding granulated sugar and salt, pepper it to taste and bring to a boil. Mix slightly cooled tomato sauce with chopped greens, crushed garlic and finely chopped onion.
5. Place the pickled thighs on a warm, well-oiled grill and bake until ready on both sides on the coals. Serve with hot tomato sauce.
Turkey kebab: the most delicious marinade for wings - “Spicy”
• turkey wings - 12 pieces;
• a glass of high quality vegetable oil;
• four slices of middle-aged garlic;
• a tablespoon of chopped paprika;
• spoonful of crushed cumin;
• 1 tbsp. l shredded lemon peel;
• on a spoon of ground turmeric and coriander seeds;
• pepper “Chile” ground - 2 tsp;
• two tablespoons of curry.
1. Pour the butter into the pan and press the garlic into it with a press. Add the grated lemon zest, turmeric, chilli pepper, curry, coriander, cumin, paprika and mix everything properly.
2. Wash washed and slightly dried turkey wings in the marinade and leave for three hours in the refrigerator.
3. Then put the wings on the grill and bake until done, constantly turning it over. These wings can be cooked on the grill. It will turn out not less tasty.
Turkey kebab: the most delicious marinade with dry wine - “Ladies”
• 800 gr. fresh turkey fillet;
• two large onions;
• ripe tomatoes - 800 gr .;
• hand-ground pepper - 5 grams;
• 150 ml of dry wine;
• Chin. spoon of pounded garlic;
• A bunch of fresh cilantro.
1. Rinse the fillet thoroughly, pat dry slightly, blotting it with a towel, and cut into pieces of arbitrary size.
2. Put the meat in a glass dish. Add onion half rings, ground pepper and salt to taste. Pour in the dry wine and, well mixed, leave the meat in the marinade for two hours.
3. Stringing on skewers, interspersed with slices of turkey, nanizhite and ringlets of tomatoes.
4. Bake the skewers on the coals, systematically turning the skewers and pouring the meat with marinade.
5. Serve, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and garlic, crushed with garlic press.
Turkey kebab: the most delicious marinade: “Double, Siberian”
• two kilo turkeys (fillet or thighs);
• 20 gr. black peppercorns;
• kilo of white onions;
• 10 gr. bay leaf; • one small lemon;
• 200 gr. good thick tomato;
• 100 ml of 6% table vinegar;
• half a cup of white sour wine;
• salt, red, crushed pepper.
1. If the kebab will be cooked from the hips, chop them into 2-3 pieces. Cut the fillet into pieces.
2. At the bottom of the cooked dishes, pour a layer of black peppercorns, put laurel leaves on it. Then lay a layer of onion rings, and lay prepared meat on it.
3. Salt the turkey, season with red pepper and put onion again, put meat on it again, etc.
4. Each meat layer must be slightly lightly sprinkled and sprinkle with red pepper.
5. Put lavrushka on the last onion layer and smear everything with tomato paste and pour vinegar.
6. Cover the contents of the container with a large plate and place it under the weights for eight hours.
7. Strain all the liquid, and transfer the flesh to another dish, removing all the peas and peanut.
8. Fill the meat with dry wine mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice, and soak in a new marinade for about forty minutes.
9. Fry like a regular kebab.
Turkey Barbecue: the most delicious marinade with red wine - Bordeaux
• one kilo of turkey fillet;
• five large onions;
• 1 kg of ripe tomatoes;
• a glass of Cabernet, Isabella or the like - red, dry;
• two medium prongs of garlic.
1. Rinse the turkey fillets with running cold water and cut into small pieces. Lightly repel each piece of meat with a culinary hammer.
2. In a large bowl, transfer the onion sliced into rings, press the garlic through a special press. Pour in the wine, salt it, pepper it, put the turkey fillet pieces in and mix well, gently pressing the onion with your hands.
3. After four hours, string the marinated meat on the skewers and fry over hot coals, turning it over systematically.
4. Finely chop the greens, bake the tomatoes on the grill and serve to the already cooked turkey kebabs.
Turkey Barbecue - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Freshness of turkey meat can be identified by its color. The darker it is, the older and tighter the meat fibers are, therefore the dish will be tough.
• Fresh turkey breast has a rounded shape, with skin of soft cream shade. It has a slightly sweet smell.
• Marinate the turkey should be only in glass, enamel or plastic dishes. Such containers do not oxidize when exposed to acids.
• Marinate the bird can be in a tight package. Only it will need to be periodically shaken. This method is convenient and the fact that after a picnic will not remain dirty greasy dishes.
• Vinegar added to the marinade should be very careful. Its excessive amount can harm the tender turkey meat, making the kebab too hard.
• Table vinegar is ideally replaced with wine or fruit. Very often, lemon juice is used instead.
• When preparing the marinade with onions, some of it can be added in a chopped form, and the rings should preferably be mashed slightly. Onion juice remarkably softens coarse turkey meat and gives it a peculiar flavor.
• It will be ideal if the onions are kneaded together with the turkey meat laid in it, trying to knead as thoroughly as possible so that the juice completely soaks it.
• Before stringing on skewers or unfolding on the grill, thoroughly blot the pieces of meat from the remaining marinade. Dripping liquid will provoke coal ignition, and the kebab may be charred.