Grilling a turkey turkey is a wonderful way to turn a boring diet bird into a chic dish.
It will be tender, juicy, fragrant, if you approach it wisely and choose the right marinade.
Grilled turkey - general cooking principles
In turkey, as in chicken, there are 2 types of meat: light sternum and other dark parts. For cooking on the grill, you can use absolutely everything, often take the fillet and trim from the thigh. But do not mix these types, as they are prepared at different times. If necessary, divide the meat into different dishes, pour the marinade separately.
Any meat should be washed, dried, cut. Turkey fillet is cooked in layers or slices, like a classic kebab. Then add spices, but it is better to make a full marinade, soak the bird in it for at least a couple of hours. Fibers soak, become delicate, fragrant.
What marinade is made of:
• kefir, sour cream, mayonnaise;
• tomato sauces, tomatoes;
• soy sauce, mustard;
• vinegar, lemon juice
• mineral water.
Garlic cloves are added to taste. Onions, all kinds of seasonings and spices. You can use ready-made marinades for poultry, which are sold in the store. They are tasty, fragrant, but the composition is not always safe, high-quality.
Grill for turkey fit any. Often used an electric appliance or a special pan. But nothing can be compared with a natural grill, that is, coals in the grill. In any case, prepared turkey just laid out on the surface, fried until done. They serve poultry with greens, sauces, vegetables.
Grilled turkey fillet in the original marinade
The recipe for a very tender grilled turkey fillet. For the marinade you will need tomato puree, mineral water with gases, soy sauce.
• 800 g turkey;
• 100 g tomato puree;
• 150 g of mineral water;
• 150 g onions;
• 50 ml of soy sauce;
• 0.5 tsp. coriander; • pepper, salt;
• pita bread, greens.
1. Cut the turkey fillet into 2 bp thick layers. On the one hand tamping lightly with a kitchen mallet. Put aside.
2. Combine the tomato puree with soy sauce, add the coriander, pepper. You can add some salt. Dilute the marinade with mineral water.
3. Peel the onion, mash well with hands, so that the juice stands out.
4. Transfer the fillet with onion, pour marinade, cover, leave in the refrigerator for the whole night or for the whole day.
5. Remove the turkey, shake off the droplets. When using pans with a grill, you need to press.
6. Cook the fillet on both sides until golden brown.
7. Submit to the fillet greens, thin pita, fresh vegetables.
Grilled turkey in kefir
Many well-known diet recipe for marinade turkey on the grill. It can also be used for chicken, it will also be delicious.
• 1 kg of turkey;
• 250 g of kefir;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 2 bulbs;
• salt pepper;
• bay leaf.
1. Pour the kefir in a bowl, let it stand warm, warm. Marinade will taste better if you use a product with a high fat content of 2.5-3%.
2. Cut the turkey fillet into slices or just slices, as for kebabs.
3. Add to kefir garlic, salt and pepper, you can any seasoning for meat, chicken or kebab.
4. Cut the onion into small pieces. If the heads are large, then you can use one thing, it will be enough. Sent to kefir. Stir and put bay leaf broken into several parts. One will be enough.
5. Pour marinade to turkey, mix well, preferably a few minutes, so that the fillet fibers are well soaked.
6. Leave to marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably at 8-10, you can stand up to a day, but is no longer recommended.
7. Spread the bird fillet on the grill, cook until golden brown.
Grilled turkey mustard marinade
Mayonnaise can be used instead of sour cream. It is not so useful, but it perfectly softens the fibers. The grilled turkey in this marinade is very juicy, a little spicy. Ingredients
• 0.8-1 kg turkey;
• 170 g sour cream;
• 1 tbsp. l mustard;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 0.3 tsp. black pepper.
1. Cut the turkey fillets into slices like steaks. Thickness not more than 2 cm. At the request of the bird, you can slightly beat off with a hammer.
2. Combine sour cream with mustard, salt and black pepper. Intensively rubbed to dissolve all the grains.
3. Peel the garlic, grind, send to marinade. Stir.
4. Rub the turkey with the prepared mixture, send the bird to marinate. The dwell time of the turkey is arbitrary as it is.
5. Shake the pieces before grilling to remove excess moisture and sauce and spread them on a wire rack.
6. Cook until golden brown, shift to a platter, serve the turkey with fresh vegetables.
Grilled turkey in marinated onions
Option of very fragrant marinade for grilled turkey. Whatever one may say, and onion with vinegar gives an extraordinary taste to any kebab.
• 0.8 kg turkey;
• 30 ml of table vinegar;
• 500 grams of onions;
• 1.5 tsp. seasonings for chicken;
• 3 tablespoons sour cream or mayonnaise.
1. In mayonnaise or sour cream add seasonings for chicken, stir. If there is no salt, then add.
2. Cut the onion in half rings, discard in a deep bowl, pour vinegar and well mnem. It is desirable that the onions be juicy.
3. Cut the turkey into slices or slices, add the prepared sauce and rub well.
4. We take a container with a good lid, through which the onion juice will not leak. We spread a layer of onions, on it a turkey, then again onions and meat, you need to cover with onions.
5. Close the pot, set marinate. Every hour we turn the container upside down and vice versa. Minimal pickling time 4 hours.
6. Take out the pieces of onion, spread on the surface of any grill, pre-heated, fry.
Grilled turkey wings
You can grill not only fillets, but also wings. Other parts with bones are not suitable, since even the legs are very weighty, large, will require a lot of time for marinating and frying. Ingredients
• 7-8 turkey wings;
• 1 tbsp. l acute adzhika;
• 200 ml of tomato juice;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 1 bunch of dill;
• 1 onion head.
1. Combine tomato juice with salt, adjika, mix thoroughly.
2. Wash the turkey wings. If they have feathers. That pluck out. Cut into pieces along the joints.
3. Onion cut into rings, one large head is enough.
4. Connect the onions with the wings, add the dill sprigs, add the tomato dressing.
5. It is good to stir the wings, spread out evenly so that there are no large voids, press down with your hand.
6. Leave the turkey for 3-4 hours to marinate, you can periodically mix for better penetration of the juice.
7. Arrange on the grill, cook the turkey on the grill. Serve with pickled onions, greens.
Grilled turkey in quick marinade with honey
Honey mustard sauce blends perfectly with any meat and poultry. The turkey in it pleases not only with taste, but also with an appetizing golden crust. Pickling time can be reduced to one hour.
• pound of turkey;
• spoon of honey;
• A spoon of spicy (Dijon can) mustard;
• four spoons of soy sauce;
• a pair of garlic cloves;
• pepper to taste.
1. Wash the turkey, dry, cut into plates. If the time for marinating is very short, then you can slightly beat off the pieces.
2. Grind the honey with mustard, dilute with soy sauce, add chopped garlic. Pepper to taste, you can pour other seasonings at your discretion.
3. Rub the turkey pieces, pour the remaining sauce on top. Reserve for pickling on the table, but be sure to cover. Above the turkey should not dry out.
4. Take out the marinated slices, cook the turkey on a pre-heated grill.
Grilled turkey in beer marinade
Beer marinade is just an extraordinary turkey supplement. You can marinate in it any parts, including wings. Beer is better to use dark.
• kilo of turkey;
• 0.5 bottles of beer;
• full spoon of honey;
• 0.5 heads of garlic; • 2 tsp spices for chicken or shish kebab;
• 1 tsp. dry mustard powder;
• A couple of tablespoons of butter.
Sauce for serving turkey from the grill:
• 130 g sour cream;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 30 ml of soy sauce;
• 4 sprigs of dill.
1. Combine honey with dry mustard powder and spices. Well grind, diluted with dark beer. We interfere until everything dissolves.
2. Cut the garlic in small circles or just 4 slices into each slice, pour it into the marinade. Pour in vegetable oil, it will soften the taste of turkey.
3. Bird cut into plates or pieces, immersed in the marinade, withstand the turkey for several hours.
4. The sauce must be prepared in advance so that it lasts an hour. Mix sour cream (mayonnaise can be used) with chopped garlic, dill, diluted with soy sauce. To taste pepper. Pound and leave aside.
5. Remove poultry from beer marinade and grill it. Served with sauce, greens.
Grilled turkey - tips and tricks
• Grilled turkey will be tender and tasty if you use fresh meat of young poultry. It is usually determined by color. The older the turkey, the brighter, darker the shade.
• If vinegar is present in the marinade, it is better to take an apple or wine product. They are more useful, in most variants you can do with lemon juice.
• What spices to use for turkey? The same mixtures as for the chicken. All of them are perfectly combined with white and dark meat.
• If onions are used in the marinade, then it must be cut and mashed to make juice. Greens, on the contrary, do not need to be cut, as the branches are easier to clean before frying, but it does not interfere with mashing.