Vinaigrette is a familiar salad for everyone, which has changed a lot lately. Why not just add to it! You can meet the most unexpected combinations of products that will surprise you greatly, for example, herring, olives or mushrooms. But still the most delicious are the old versions of the salad. Here are collected step-by-step recipes of the classic vinaigrette with the very familiar taste.
Classic Vinaigrette - General Cooking Principles
The main component of the salad is boiled vegetables. Traditionally used potatoes, carrots, beets. They can be prepared in advance, let them cool. Then the tubers need to be cleaned and crumbled. All foods in the salad are always cut into cubes. The size is about a pea, if vinaigrette with peas. Or cut into a bit larger if beans are used in a salad.
What else can be added:
• onion, green;
• salted cucumbers.
Traditional vinaigrette is seasoned with vegetable oil. You can take the product with or without the smell, mix it with mustard or black pepper. Oil is added at the very end. If you do not want the beets to color other products and prefer the colorful vinaigrette, you can season the beets separately in a bowl, also fill the rest of the ingredients, then combine.
Classic Vinaigrette: a step-by-step recipe with pickles
Step-by-step recipe for a classic salad without cabbage, no matter how strange it may sound. That it is not in the technological maps. Salty (not pickled) cucumbers give a special taste to the salad. This is a real option with boiled beans, but if you want to replace canned beans in their juice or in a bright marinade.
• two beets;
• three potatoes;
• 80 g beans (dry);
• four cucumbers (salted);
• two carrots;
• 40 ml of oil; • 1 tsp. mustard (optional);
• greens at will.
1. Add cold water to the beans, let stand for at least five hours. Then change the water, put on the stove and boil until cooked. If there is no desire or time to do it, you can simply use canned beans, you need about a glass of beans without marinade.
2. Wash the potatoes, do not need to peel, put them in the pan. Carrots also wash, add to potatoes, add water and boil until cooked, but do not overdo it. As soon as the vegetables begin to pierce normally, turn off. Boil water, pour it with cold water, hold for five minutes and also drain. Cleared.
3. Beets are always boiled separately from other vegetables, otherwise it will spoil their taste. Medium-sized root vegetables, rinse, put in a saucepan, add water and boil until soft. Then pour cold water to cool. Clear.
4. Cut all the vegetables into neat cubes, the size is slightly smaller than the beans. We put in one large bowl. In order for the potatoes not to disintegrate and the cubes turn out neat, it is important not to digest it. You can additionally hold the cooled tubers slightly in the freezer, half an hour is enough for them to get stronger.
5. We clean the onion bulb, cut it smaller than the other ingredients, pour it into a bowl.
6. Salted cucumbers are also cut finely, like onions, so that they are evenly distributed in the vinaigrette. If the cucumbers are small or not too vigorous, then you can add a couple more things.
7. Fall asleep cooked or just canned beans. You can take red beans, white or any other to your taste.
8. Try on the salt. If the taste of cucumbers is not enough, then add. It is important to salt before the oil is poured. Otherwise, the grains just do not have time to dissolve.
9. Dressing up the salad. Combine vegetable oil with mustard, grind and add to vegetables. Or just pour in oil only.
10. Carefully, it gently stir vinaigrette. You can use two spoons for this in order not to stretch the boiled vegetables and not to spoil the look.
Classic vinaigrette: a step-by-step recipe with cabbage (sauerkraut)
This is one of the most favorite options for salad in Russia. Often, in order to save time or products, only potatoes and beets were added to it, it is sometimes called buryak. But here is a step-by-step recipe for a classic vinaigrette that is prepared according to the rules and from a large number of products.
• 400 g sauerkraut;
• 350 g of beets;
• 350 g of potatoes;
• 150 g carrots;
• 100 g onions;
• 150 g cucumbers (pickled, pickled, pickled);
• 50 ml of oil;
• 100 g beans (dry).
1. On the eve, pour the beans in water, let the beans swell well, then pour them into the saucepan, add pure water, boil until soft. Or simply take a standard can of canned beans, open, pour into a colander. Very often pouring slimy. In this case, you can rinse the beans under a faucet right in the colander. Leave to drain the liquid.
2. Wash the beets and other root vegetables. Beets put into the pot, pour water, put on the stove. After boiling the fire will need to be reduced, cook until soft, 30-50 minutes, depending on the size.
3. Potatoes with carrots need to be put in another pan, we also bring them to readiness. If the carrot is small, then maybe it will cook faster, but more often the first comes to the softness of potatoes. In this case, it must be removed, and boil the carrot for a few more minutes.
4. All vegetables are cooled. Warm ingredients can not be mixed. You can fill all with cold water, the roots will cool faster, easier to clean. Remove the skins.
5. We cut carrots, potatoes, boiled beets into medium sized cubes. Pour everything into a large bowl.
6. Immediately you can shift the previously prepared beans. So far nothing is needed to stir, so as not to knead the products.
7. Peel the onions. It is better to use salad varieties of vegetables, can be blue or red, lilac onions, vinaigrette will turn out even more beautiful. Cut into small pieces, shift. 8. Add the sliced cucumbers. The main flavor will still give cabbage, so you can take even not very pickled cucumbers.
9. Squeeze sauerkraut from the remnants of brine. Be sure to try. It happens that she is too sour. In this case, soak a few minutes in cold water or simply rinse, it all depends on the taste. But do not forget to re-squeeze well. Water in the vinaigrette should not be.
10. Add the cabbage and now carefully stir the salad. Add spices at your discretion, you can cut a little greenery in a vinaigrette, it turns out deliciously with feather onions. However, if it is not used immediately, then it is better not to do it.
11. At the end of the dressing with vegetable oil and a classic vinaigrette according to the original step-by-step recipe is ready! Decorate with greenery, served to the table.
Classic vinaigrette: a step-by-step recipe with fresh cabbage and peas
If there is no sauerkraut, then vinaigrette can be cooked with fresh vegetables. It is also not a problem if there is no beans, there is no desire to cook it, or simply not quite to taste. In this step-by-step recipe of the classic vinaigrette, the main ingredients are slightly modified with equally tasty counterparts.
• 500 g fresh cabbage;
• three potatoes;
• two carrots;
• one onion;
• two beets;
• four pickled cucumbers;
• 50 ml of oil;
• 1 tsp. vinegar;
• 1 tsp. Sahara;
• salt to taste;
• one can of canned green peas.
1. Chop cabbage into strips. You can use the grater, just do not need to make too long pieces. If they are such, they can be cut several times with a knife.
2. Add a teaspoon of vinegar, sugar. Salt and gently wring hands. Leave the cabbage to marinate while the rest of the vegetables are being cooked.
3. Boil the beets in one pot, and the potatoes and carrots in another pot until done. Cool it down.
4. Peel all root vegetables, cut into small cubes, pour into a bowl. 5. Peel the onion, cut it into small cubes, pour in the rest of the vegetables in a bowl.
6. Go back to the cabbage, which has already been marinated. At the same time, she released juice. Press it. Cabbage shift in a bowl with vinaigrette.
7. Cut the cucumbers. If they are watery, then we throw it down first in a colander, let the brine drain. But you can just squeeze with hands, like cabbage.
8. Open the jar with green peas, pour out all the liquid, pour the product into a bowl with a classic vinaigrette. In this step-by-step recipe, you can use canned beans.
9. Stir all vegetables until evenly distributed. Let's taste, salt.
10. We fill with vegetable sunflower, but it is possible and olive oil. Pepper to taste, add fresh greens.
Classic Vinaigrette - useful tips and tricks
• If onions are too hot, the salad will be bitter, the unpleasant taste will pass to other vegetables. To avoid this, the vegetable can be chopped, put in a sieve or in a colander, scalded with boiling water from the kettle. But add it to the salad only after it has completely cooled.
• Beetroot boils for a long time, but does not want to get soft? If it has been already and more than minutes of cooking, you can drain the boiling water and put the beetle under a stream of cold water, after half an hour the vegetable will reach full readiness.
• Fresh salad is not very tasty. That is why pickles and pickled vegetables are always added to the salad. But it happens that they either do not give the desired acid or are themselves rather fresh. In this case, pickling onions will help to improve the taste. Vegetable must be cut, pour the acetic acid solution, let it brew, then squeeze and add to the vinaigrette.