Dumplings with mushrooms - general principles of cooking
If you have a desire to please loved ones with delicious dumplings, then cook them with mushrooms. Cooking such varenichki is not at all difficult, but the result will exceed any expectations. In fact, dishes like vareniki - stuffed in a test shell, is in every culture. Nevertheless, dumplings, and especially dumplings with mushrooms, are considered to be originally Ukrainian dishes.
Dumplings with mushrooms - preparing food and dishes
For cooking dumplings with mushrooms, you will need no more than one hour. If you are going to use fresh mushrooms, then thoroughly wash them, then chop and fry with onions. This is the simplest and versatile stuffing, but you can easily diversify it by adding potatoes or cabbage to the mushrooms. There are several recipes for test dumplings, which can be quite successfully used.
Recipes for dumplings with mushrooms:
Prepare dumplings, the filling of which will consist exclusively of mushrooms. Remember that whatever mushrooms you choose, the dish will amaze you with its flavor. We will take shop mushrooms, as they are easiest to get at any time of the year.
Dough for dumplings:
- Flour 200 grams
- Butter 20 grams
- 2 egg yolks
- Water 1/2 cup
For the filling
- Champignon mushrooms 300 grams
- Bulb 1 piece large
- Sunflower oil 1 tablespoon
- First, knead the dough for the dumplings. Sift the flour into a deep bowl, form a slide from it, make a recess in the center.
- Melt butter.
- Add two yolks to the groove in the flour, cold water, melted butter.
- Knead the dough, starting from the center. You should get a thick mass.
- Wrap the resulting dough with foil and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- Prepare the filling. To do this, chop the washed mushrooms, chop the onion.
- Heat the pan, brush with oil and place the onion. Fry it until golden brown, then add mushrooms to it. Cook the vegetables for about 15 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, roll it thinly (this dough is quite elastic, so it will not fall apart during cooking vareniki, even if its thickness is about 1/2 centimeter)
- Using a glass, cut the dough into circles. In the middle of a circle of dough, place a spoonful of mushrooms with onions, and then pinch the edges of the product.
- Boil dumplings with mushrooms should be about 4 minutes, placing them in boiling salted water.
Recipe 2: Dumplings with Mushrooms and Potatoes
Mushrooms as a filling are also tasty by themselves, but adding some potatoes will make the dumplings more tasty and satisfying. For this recipe, we make a choux dough without eggs.
Dough for dumplings with choux mushrooms:
- Flour 200 grams
- Water 1/2 cup
- Sunflower oil 2 tablespoons
- Soda 1/2 tsp
Stuffing for dumplings:
- Large potatoes 1 piece
- Mushrooms 250 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Peel potatoes and boil in a pan filled with water. It should boil about 10-15 minutes after the water boils.
- Knead dough for dumplings with mushrooms. Heat the water to a boil. Sift the flour on a clean work surface, make a well in it and pour in vegetable oil and boiling water. Start mixing with a spoon, adding soda and salt. The resulting dough is set aside while preparing the filling.
- Prepare the filling. Peel the onion and chop it finely. Wash mushrooms and finely chop as well. Heat a frying pan, brush with oil and put onions and then mushrooms. Fry the mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes, chop them into mashed potatoes. Mix potatoes with mushrooms, salt the filling.
- Roll out the dough. This dough can be rolled out and thicker than in the first recipe, so it will get tastier. Using the glass, make mugs of dough for dumplings.
- Put a spoonful of filling in the middle of the mug, then pinch the edges of the dumpling.
- Boil the dumplings with mushrooms for about 4 minutes after boiling in salted water.
Recipe 3: Dumplings with Mushrooms and Cabbage
Cabbage and mushrooms are the most delicious combination of vegetables. Prepare dumplings with such a filling. Knead dough in milk.
Dough for dumplings with mushrooms on milk:
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Flour 200 grams
- Chicken Egg 1 piece
For the filling:
- Mushrooms 200 grams
- Onion 1 piece large
- Cabbage 200 grams
- Sift the flour into a container, make a well in the center, put an egg in there and add milk at room temperature. Salt and knead the dough until a homogeneous thick mass. Set aside for half an hour.
- Prepare the filling. Wash the mushrooms well. Cut them finely. Peel the onions. Chop cabbage and onions as small as possible. On a heated pan, greased with oil, first put the onion, then the mushrooms, fry them for about five minutes. Then add the cabbage, salt and simmer under the lid closed for at least 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Roll out the dough and make circles using glass. When the filling has cooled, place the filling in the middle of the mug with a spoon and pinch the edges.
- Boil the dumplings with mushrooms and cabbage for about 4 minutes after boiling in salted water.
Dumplings with mushrooms - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
If you plan to cook dumplings with mushrooms, the choice of mushrooms is not limited, you can take mushrooms, and white, and chanterelles, and mushrooms. Mushrooms are especially good in that in order to get them, you do not need to go to the forest, but you can go to the store. In addition, you can easily take dried mushrooms or frozen. Dried mushrooms before cooking need to fill with hot water and leave them for 25-30 minutes. And if you decide to use frozen mushrooms, then just defrost them, letting the liquid flow.