Manti is very similar to dumplings, but if in dumplings the ratio of the filling to the dough is about one to one (or even one to two), then in manti, on the contrary, the fillings are much larger because the dough is very thin and the products are large.
Another difference is the composition of the filling. In addition to minced meat, they add a lot of onions or other vegetables (potatoes, pumpkin) to make the filling soft and juicy, and in the original recipes put the fat tail (can be replaced with butter).
And the last feature - manti steamed, although in the absence of mantyshnitsy or steamers you can cook them in a small amount of water or in a water bath.
- beef - 1 kg;
- water - 1 cup;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- wheat flour - 2 glasses;
- salt coarse to taste;
- ground black pepper;
- butter - 50 g.
How to Make Beef Mantas
1. To begin with we prepare the necessary products. Meat rid of the film and excess fat, washed in cool water. Peel the onion from the husk, rinse.
2. To prepare the dough, take a deep bowl, insert the egg, beating with the whisk. When foam is formed, add a pinch of sugar and salt.
3. Pour the specified amount of cold water and add flour in small portions. Gradually, the mass will begin to thicken, then knead the dough with your hands, pulling down the working area with flour.
4. We leave the finished dough for about 15 minutes, covered with a wet towel so that it does not dry out.
5. Using a meat grinder, grind beef.
6. Chop the onion into half rings, send to the meat stuffing.
7. Knead the minced meat by adding a tablespoon of water and, injecting it with salt and pepper.
8. Roll out the dough into a thin layer, cut into the same squares. Put the stuffing on them.
9. We form manti, closing the filling with corners of dough.
10. Leaving small holes, set to prepare for a water bath for about 45 minutes.
11. Serve the manty by adding a little butter.