Lazy cabbage rolls are a dish made from cabbage and minced meat. These two ingredients in it are basic. Also in the dish add other vegetables, seasonings, herbs and cereals.
Cooking lazy cabbage rolls using step-by-step recipes saves a lot of time, unlike traditional cabbage rolls, where most of the time is spent on stuffing cabbage leaves. Many people like the dish not only for the speed of preparation, but also for the availability of ingredients. Cooking lazy cabbage rolls is easy. All prepared ingredients are simply mixed together and stewed. If desired, cutlets can be formed from the resulting cabbage and minced meat. Even the beginning hostess will cope with the preparation of this dish, the dish will no doubt turn out perfect!
Lazy cabbage rolls (step-by-step recipe) - general principles of cooking
Stuffing can be prepared by yourself or you can buy ready-made in the store. The stuffing itself is suitable from any meat, the main thing is that it is fresh and without an unpleasant smell.
Cabbage for cabbage can be taken early or late. Vegetable must first rinse and then chop thin straws.
Not the main, but often present in the lazy cabbage rolls ingredient is rice groats. It is better to take round grain. Such grits are cooked faster, and the dish is juicy and soft. Before you add rice to the dish, you need to rinse it thoroughly until the water is clear, and then put the stew until half cooked for a quarter of an hour.
As a sauce, passaged mixture of sour cream, wheat flour and tomato paste is suitable for lazy cabbage rolls. You can also make a sauce of cream, tomato juice, mayonnaise, scalded tomatoes or regular ketchup.
Lazy cabbage rolls with minced meat: a step-by-step recipe
• 500 grams of minced meat (beef);
• 600 g of early cabbage;
• one chicken egg; • one head of onion;
• one carrot;
• one tomato;
• 100 g rice cereal;
• a bunch of dill greens;
• salt to taste;
• to taste ground black pepper.
1. First you need to process vegetables. Rinse the onion head in water, cut off the neck and bottom and remove the dry scales.
2. Carrot clean the housekeeper. So the skin will be removed very thin.
3. Wash the tomato and remove the place of attachment of the stem. Its flesh finely chopped or chopped into mashed potatoes.
4. Wash the rice cereal in a small amount of cold water. Drain turbid water.
5. Pour the rice with clean water, salt and put to boil until half cooked.
6. When the rice grains swell a little, but it will still be harsh, with a spoon choosing rice without a decoction, pull it out.
7. Put the rice in the stuffing for lazy cabbage.
8. Step-by-step recipe continues chopping onions and carrots. This can be done on a fine grater or using a food processor.
9. Mix the minced meat with onions.
10. Beat the minced egg.
11. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
12. Thoroughly mix the stuffing so that all components are evenly distributed.
13. Rinse cabbage leaves in cold water and finely chop.
14. Put cabbage, tomato and carrot in a saucepan or deep saucepan.
15. Stir vegetables in a saucepan.
16. Pour three glasses of hot water into the pan.
17. Put on a hot plate and bring to a boil. If there is foam, it must be removed.
18. Then reduce the heat to a slight boil.
19. Rinse your hands in cool water and start sculpturing cabbage rolls.
20. Use your hands to divide the mince into small pieces (70-100 g each) and make balls of them.
21. One by one, lay the meat balls in the cabbage next to each other.
22. When all the lazy cabbage rolls are in the cabbage, close the pan with a lid.
23. Stew the dish for 30-40 minutes.
24. In the meantime, sort and wash the dill. To do this, lower it into a cup with cold water, mix and pull it out to dry on a paper towel.
25. Finely chop the dill and add to the lazy cabbage rolls right before the end of the stewing. 26. Serve the dish to the table hot, spreading it in portions.
Lazy turkey stuffed cabbage with garlic: a step-by-step recipe
• 300 g turkey meat;
• 50 g fresh pork fat;
• 400 g late white cabbage;
• 40 ml of tomato paste;
• 60 g rice cereal;
• 100 ml of cream of any fat content;
• salt to taste;
• to taste ground pepper;
• one onion;
• garlic clove;
• 40 g parsley;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil.
1. Rice grits well washed in water several times. Water should be almost transparent.
2. Put the rice in a saucepan and add water. Put to boil on the fire. So that the rice does not stick to the pan, you need to periodically mix the cereal with a spoon.
3. After 15 minutes of cooking rice, remove it from the stove and cover with a lid.
4. Then rinse the rice in cool water and fold to an iron sieve. Water should drain.
5. Sort out the parsley greens and rinse in cold water. And then chop finely.
6. Dip onions in cold water and peel, then wash again and chop finely.
7. Peel the garlic and pass through a special garlic press.
8. Turkey meat is better to take shin. Cut it from the bones.
9. Remove excess skin and skin from meat.
10. Skip the turkey meat through a meat grinder along with a piece of lard.
11. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan.
12. Put in a pan portions of minced turkey.
13. Fry until the liquid evaporates, and then another 2-3 minutes. Stuffing should get light crisp color.
14. Add tomato paste and mix so that it warms up and evenly spread over the stuffing, giving it a reddish tint.
15. Rinse the late cabbage with water and chop into small strips.
16. Transfer the cabbage to a separate pan and cover with water.
17. Boil it for 2-3 minutes.
18. Cabbage broth to drain, and use it for cabbage. The fact is that late cabbage is a bit tough and has a bitter aftertaste. These negative properties are neutralized by pre-boiling. 19. Cover onion, garlic and cabbage in a frying pan.
20. Pour about 100 ml of hot water there.
21. Without stirring, close the pan loosely with a lid.
22. Stew stuffed cabbage 10-13 minutes.
23. Stir the contents of the pan.
24. Season with salt and pepper ground.
25. Close the lid again and simmer on.
26. After 5-10 minutes to the lazy cabbage roll you need to add rice and cream.
27. Mix everything.
28. Simmer another 5-6 minutes and turn off the heating plate.
29. Serve lazy cabbage rolls hot. Step-by-step recipe ends decorating the dish with parsley.
Lazy hedgehog cabbage rolls: a step-by-step recipe
• 50 g of rice grain round grain;
• 150 g minced pork;
• 150 g minced beef;
• 150 g white cabbage;
• half onion;
• one chicken egg;
• 50 g of tomato paste;
• 15 ml of vegetable oil;
• 30 grams of wheat flour;
• 30 g sour cream of any fat content;
• salt to taste;
• several black peppercorns.
1. Rinse the cabbage in cold water.
2. Very finely chop it into strips or checkers.
3. Peel, rinse and cut onion bulb into small cubes.
4. Fry onion in vegetable oil in a frying pan until golden brown. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
5. Put pork and ground beef, cabbage and fried onions in a bowl. If the stuffing is frozen, it must first be thawed at room temperature.
6. Wash the rice in cool water and allow all the water to drain. Boil rice in clean water until half cooked. Rinse again.
7. Send the rice to the stuffing.
8. Add egg and a pinch of salt there.
9. Mix the minced thoroughly until smooth.
10. In a wide saucepan or in a skillet, bring water to a boil.
11. Add tomato paste and black peppercorns to the water. A little salt.
12. Reduce the heating plate.
13. Moisten hands in cold water so that the stuffing does not stick to them.
14. Start sculpt lazy cabbage rolls.
15. Step-by-step recipe assumes that portion stuffed cabbage should be made of minced meat. To do this, mince the hands to divide into pieces of the required size and make balls. One ball should be placed in the bent palm. 16. Balls should be placed in one layer at a short distance from each other, as they swell when extinguishing.
17. Place the balls one by one in a boiling broth.
18. Remove the spoon or skimmer foam.
19. Close the pan loosely with a lid.
20. Simmer for 40 minutes.
21. Ready lazy cabbage rolls to serve hot.
22. And from the broth to make the sauce. To do this, mix the flour with sour cream. Add this mixture to the broth and mix. Bring to a boil and the sauce is ready.
23. When serving, stuffed cabbage rolls generously pour the sauce. Hedgehogs, they are called from the fact that the swollen rice sticks out of them, like needles of a small spiny animal.
Lazy cabbage rolls (step-by-step recipe) - Tricks and tips
• If not young cabbage is used in lazy cabbage rolls, then it is advisable to dip it in boiling water before cooking to remove excess bitterness.
• If two different types of meat are combined for stuffed cabbage, they will be even tastier and juicier.
• If desired, instead of rice cereals, you can use any other. Pearl-barley, buckwheat or oat will suit6.
• To make the stuffed cabbage prepare well, but not fall apart, it is better to keep the pan or pan slightly ajar.
• If you like lazy cabbage rolls with a crust, then roll the balls in breadcrumbs before cooking.
• If all water is evaporated during cooking, add some more boiled water.
• Serve lazy cabbage rolls, watering them generously with sauce.