Various varieties of pumpkins are cultivated nowadays almost everywhere, the dishes from it are equally well represented in the cuisines of various nations.
Due to its mild taste, this fruit is perfect for a variety of dishes. Its juicy flesh is the basis for thick cream soups.
Multiple recipes, in addition to spices, also differ related ingredients. And the pumpkin can act both as the main flavoring component and as a background for mushroom dressings, smoked meats, cheese. It is recommended in the diet and in the absence of spices for feeding babies older than a year.
Pumpkin Cream Soup - General Cooking Principles
• Cream of pumpkin soup is prepared on vegetable broth, meat or chicken broth. A rich, more nutritious cream soup will be obtained if you take pre-cooked chicken or meat broth to make it, diet soup is boiled on water.
• The basis of cream soup - mashed potatoes, cooked from boiled, or browned with pumpkin vegetables mixed with milk or cream.
• For mashing, it is recommended to grind vegetables through a rare sieve or chop with any processor available.
• Cream soup - a dish of uniform consistency and therefore all ingredients must be evenly distributed throughout the soup. Thick sediment at the bottom of the dishes should not be.
• It is recommended to serve this soup with croutons of wheat bread, cut into small squares. Croutons are served on a separate plate. You can use the purchase of crackers.
• Decorated with chopped greens or its leaves
Cream of pumpkin cream soup
• Light chicken broth or boiled water - 1.5 l;
• Pumpkin - 500 gr .;
• White onion - a pair of bulbs;
• One carrot;
• Fatty cream - 2/3 cup;
• For frying - 4 tbsp. spoons of oil, odorless;
• Nutmeg, finely ground - 1/4 tsp;
• Pepper hand grinding;
• Mint - leaves;
• Soft cottage cheese.
Cooking Method: 1. Finely chop the onion, chop the carrot with the finest grater.
2. Peeled pumpkin to form cubes of about 1.5 cm.
3. Pour the oil into the pan and warm thoroughly, gradually increasing the temperature.
4. Pour the vegetables into the heated oil and simmer, to obtain an amber color.
5. Put the diced pumpkin, simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Pour water or chicken broth into the saucepan, let it boil on medium heat and boil the pumpkin, slightly lower the heat, until cooked.
7. When the pumpkin is softened, skip the contents of the pan with the broth through a fine sieve or whisk in a blender.
8. Bring the saucepan with the pureed vegetable mass to the boil.
9. Pour in 22% cream, salt, pepper to taste, add nutmeg and stir over medium heat for several minutes.
10. Turn off the heat, and stand under the lid, letting the soup infuse.
11. When cream soup will be served, in each plate, place a dessert spoon of chilled butter on top and garnish with mint leaves.
Pumpkin Cream Soup with Tiger Prawns
• Pumpkin, peeled from the skin and seeds - 500 grams;
• One medium carrot;
• One small bulb bulb;
• Three cloves of garlic;
• 20% cream - 80 ml;
• Sesame seeds - 1.5 gr .;
• Bread round;
• Shrimps large (tiger) - 3 pcs .;
• Rosemary sprig;
• Unsalted butter, or very thick homemade cream - 30 grams;
• Refined sunflower, or corn oil.
1. First of all, prepare the bread for serving the soup.
2. To do this, take a loaf of round bread and cut off the top of it, it will be the lid, which we will cover the loaf when we fill it with soup.
3. From the middle of the bread, select the crumb.
4. Grease the bread inside with a beaten egg and send it to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees for 3-4 minutes.
5. Cut onions and carrots for sautéing, and brown in a pan.
6. Put the fried vegetables in a small saucepan, add chopped garlic. Add a pumpkin cut into cubes of small size, add 1.5 liters of boiled, non-hot water and boil. 7. Remove heat and cook over medium heat until softened.
8. Remove the pan from the stove, cool slightly and put everything through a sieve, or slowly beat the low-speed blender into an even mass.
9. Add cream, mix and heat at minimum 4-5 minutes.
10. Gently pour the prepared cream soup into a prepared “pot” of bread, cover with a bread lid and serve.
Pumpkin Cream Soup
• Pumpkin without seeds and peel, juicy part of pulp - 600 grams;
• Low-fat cream - a glass;
• One small onion;
• Hard cheese - 80 grams;
• 1-2 cloves of garlic;
• Pumpkin kernels - 30 grams;
• Pepper hand grinding, black;
• Fresh greens for decoration;
• Oil for frying, sunflower refined.
1. Finely chop the onion under sautéing, crush the garlic, fry everything together in a skillet before browning.
2. In a frying pan, put the pumpkin cut into small pieces. Over low heat withstand until the pumpkin is ready.
3. When the pumpkin is softened, put the choked vegetables in a blender and mash.
4. Pour the vegetable mixture into a small saucepan. Pour hard cheese of the grated cheese on a grater with small cells, pepper and salt. Put on the included plate and boil on low heat until the cheese is completely dissolved, without stopping the constant stirring.
5. When the cheese is dissolved, remove the soup from the heat and insist with the lid closed for at least half an hour.
6. Serve, decorating each plate with peeled pumpkin seeds, greens and cream.
Pumpkin Cream Soup “Nostalgia”
Such a pumpkin soup has an extremely pleasant aroma, and the products for its preparation will always be found in any kitchen.
• Water - one and a half liters;
• Pumpkin prepared - 500 grams;
• 1 fresh pepper or frozen pepper, or a bag of dried;
• One small carrot;
• Medium potato;
• Marinated mushrooms, not sharp, not spicy, of any kind - 200 grams;
• A mixture of aromatic peppers, not sharp.
1. Chop the onion into half rings, chop the carrot as for Korean dishes, but not so long. Finely chop the Bulgarian pepper, dry - steam with boiling water until softened and rinse thoroughly. Remove the seed box from fresh pepper. 2. Cut pumpkin and potatoes into slices or cubes. It is advisable not to shred the mushrooms, but cut them in half, if not particularly large.
3. Pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil. Salt, pepper to taste.
4. Put potatoes in boiling water, leave to boil until the potatoes are half cooked.
5. Fry onion and carrot until amber-colored, add pumpkin cubes, sweet pepper and simmer for twenty minutes with the lid closed.
6. Transfer the stewed vegetables to broth and boil for a quarter of an hour.
7. Remove vegetables from broth and puree in any way.
8. Put the resulting mass back into the pan with vegetable broth and heat for five minutes with low heat.
9. Fry the mushrooms slightly in sunflower oil. It is recommended to add mushrooms on plates with spilled soup.
Cream of pumpkin soup with rice
• Saturated chicken broth or water - 2 liters;
• Pumpkin, without skin and seeds - 300 grams;
• Small carrot - 2 pcs .;
• Three medium potatoes;
• 20% cream, milk can - a glass;
• Dry rice - 1/3 cup;
• One pack of crackers.
1. Go through the rice several times, not letting it swell, rinse under the tap and boil until cooked.
2. Potatoes, carrots, pumpkin cut into small pieces.
3. Pre-cooked broth or water to put on fire. When the broth begins to boil, put vegetables in it and cook at a minimum until cooked.
4. Drain the liquid, grind on a sieve or puree with a blender rice and vegetables.
5. Dissolve the vegetable mass with cream to the desired consistency. Add pepper to taste, salt and heat at minimum 5-6 minutes.
6. Serve with crackers. Served crackers in a separate plate.
Pumpkin Cream Soup with Bacon
• Low-fat broth from ribs or chicken carcass - 2 liters;
• Cream 20% - 150 ml;
• Pumpkin, cleared of seeds and peel - 500 grams;
• Two large potatoes;
• One small carrot;
• Bacon - 200-300 grams;
• To taste - coriander, salt, a mixture of mild aromatic peppers. Cooking Method:
1. Cut carrots into rings, onion half rings, potatoes in small cubes or “straws”.
2. Lightly fry, putting in a strongly heated oil, onion until transparent. Pour the carrot and sauté for 4-5 minutes, make sure that the vegetables do not redden much.
3. Almost finished onions and carrots are pushed to the side to free up some space.
4. Put potatoes on the free space and turn them over several times. Frying potatoes is not required, we need it to be just a little soaked with oil from all sides.
5. Stew potatoes on low heat for 6-7 minutes, mix with onions and carrots, add pumpkin cut into small cubes and continue to simmer vegetables for another seven minutes.
6. Sprinkle with coriander and ground pepper.
7. Put the stewed vegetables into the pan, pour the hot broth, it should cover the vegetables 3-4 cm. Add salt to taste and boil on a slow heat with a weak boil until cooked.
8. Put a sieve on any container and strain the broth with vegetables through it. Vegetables remaining on the sieve are placed in the blender bowl and ground, or ground through the same sieve, only in another container.
9. We transfer the preserved mass to the saucepan with the broth, pour in the cream, mix it quickly and not, but set it on the fire.
10. After boiling, turn off the stove and give the soup to infuse.
11. While the soup comes, chop the bacon into slices and fry in the pan, you do not need to add oil.
12. Bacon should be laid out in plates with the soup spilled on them, it is possible to decorate with greens.
Spicy pumpkin cream soup, Thai-style
Aromatic spices and spicy curry paste will not spoil the sweet taste of pumpkin at all, but only give this soup a little piquancy based on the taste contrasts of Thai cuisine. The sharpness of the soup can be changed by the amount of green curry paste added to the soup.
• Pumpkin, pulp - 500 gr .;
• Small red onion;
• Milk and boiled water - a glass;
• Fresh ginger (root) - 2-3 cm;
• Green curry paste 1.5 tsp; For green sauce:
• Two tablespoons of high-quality olive oil;
• Garlic - 1/3 of a small head;
• Juice half a small, thin-skinned lemon;
• Fresh cilantro;
1. Cut pumpkin into small sticks, with an average thickness of up to one centimeter.
2. Chop the onion and peeled ginger with a knife. When you start cutting onions, set aside a few rings for decoration.
3. Take a pan with a multi-layered or thickened bottom, pour in a little oil and lightly fry the onions with ginger until the onions become amber.
4. Put the pumpkin pulp pieces, green curry paste into the pan and fry for about three minutes, avoiding sticking and burning.
5. Add water, bring to a boil to remove the heat to a minimum and cook until the pumpkin softens.
6. While the soup is boiling, make the sauce. In the bowl of the blender, place garlic, washed from the tap, dried cilantro greens, peeled from the skin. Grind, pour one teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt in small portions, also gently, removing the sample, pepper, add olive oil and mix.
7. Pan the contents of the pan with a blender, food processor or grind through a rare sieve. Pour boiled, not hot milk, mix and put the pan on the fire.
8. Over low heat without stopping stirring, bring to a boil.
9. Remove heat and let stand.
10. Pour into plates, garnish with green sauce and half rings of sweet red onion.
Pumpkin Cream Soup “Little Baby” in a Multicooker
• Water or broth - 600 ml;
• Pumpkin, pulp - 250 grams;
• Milk - 150 ml;
• Teaspoon with a small hill of granulated sugar;
• Semolina - one and a half tsp;
• Cream 20% fat - 10 ml;
• Parsley, greens - a couple of twigs.
1. Take any ceramic container, as long as it fits in size to the slow cooker.
2. Cut the pumpkin is not too small and lay out in the selected capacity.
3. Pour evenly semolina, granulated sugar, pour in milk.
4. Pour water into the bowl of the multicooker, and place the ceramic container in the basket for steaming. We set the “Steaming” mode of operation, or the closest one by the parameters, for 20 minutes. 5. We get soup from the multicooker, we pure, add some salt.
6. Add cream, mix until the state of absolute homogeneity.
7. Serve at the table, decorating the plates with cream soup with greens.
Pumpkin Cream Soup - Tips and Tips
• If the cream soup turned out to be insufficiently liquid, then the prepared pureed mass can be diluted to the desired consistency with broth, or boiled water, if vegetable broth was used instead of broth.
• To add salt is best when the vegetables are cooked, in the already cooked vegetable puree, in salted water, they will cook longer.
• To pumpkin cream soup cooked in meat or chicken broth, turned out to be more satisfying and rich, the meat can be twisted in a meat grinder and added to the soup already spilled on plates. You can also chop pieces of meat with a blender when you prepare vegetables in this way.
• If you decide to serve pumpkin soup in the original “plate” of bread, you do not need to buy the purchased bread, you can bake it yourself. A dish served in such a way will look more original if bread is baked in small molds, and each is given a separate “bread pot”.