Pumpkin Soup - General Principles and Methods of Cooking
A pumpkin is a beautiful ornamental plant, and you can feed a whole family with such a “berry”! Ron Wallace, a Rhode Island farmer raised a 2009 pound fruit and set a world record. More like not an edible fruit, but the carriage of the fairytale heroine Cinderella. Pumpkin is good and a set of useful substances, and impressive size, and taste. From one pumpkin you can cook dinner! In a culinary sense, pumpkin is unique and versatile at the same time: it is used to make desserts, appetizers, salads, main dishes and soups. Pumpkin soup is useful and nutritious: besides, the dish is easy for the stomach, so everyone can eat it. Speaking about cooking pumpkin soup, it should be said that all recipes are simple and do not require special preparation, therefore any hostess will cope with this task.
Pumpkin Soup - Food Preparation
The fruit should be chosen depending on the characteristics of the dish: for example, if you are going to serve the soup directly in the pumpkin, you need to prepare a medium-sized fruit. In addition, it should be noted that the pumpkin should be placed in the oven or microwave. Pumpkin choose a bright orange, ripe, so that the dish turned out juicy and tasty. Pumpkin soups are colorful and bright, especially if you use ripe fruit. Flavored nutmeg will make the soup especially tasty. Pumpkin can be used raw or pre-baked in the oven. The fruit is baked in its entirety or cut: thus, the culinary specialists consider that the flavor and color of the pumpkin are better manifested.
Pumpkin Soup - Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Pumpkin Cream Soup
This dish is not only attractive in appearance, but also surprisingly useful. Treat loved ones with an unusual pumpkin cream soup, at the same time and supporting the body with a well of vitamins that the orange fruit is so rich with. To prepare this dish will take 40 minutes.
Pumpkin - 1 pc.
Carrots - 1 pc.
Onions - 1 pc.
Chicken fillet - 250 gr.
Cream 15% fat - 200 ml.
Salt, pepper - to taste
1. The top of the pumpkin should be cut off in zigzag movements and remove the “cover”. From the fruit, remove the seeds with a spoon or knife. Some of the pumpkin pulp should be removed to make the walls a little thinner, and the pulp will come in handy a little later. 2. Chicken fillet cut into pieces and boil until cooked in the microwave or on the stove. After cooking chicken meat, carrots with onions are added to it, pre-fried in sunflower oil. In the soup, add the pumpkin pulp without seeds and salt to taste. Again, put on the stove and cook until the vegetables are soft.
3. Soup in cooked form is shifted to the pumpkin and add cream. Directly in the pumpkin “capacity”, beat the cream soup with a blender until a homogeneous consistency, and then place it in a microwave or oven, and heat it so that the pumpkin just lets the juice out. In the finished soup, you can add a piece of butter. The soup is ready! Enjoy your meal!
Recipe 2: Butternut Squash Cream Soup
This soup can be called pacifying and amazing. An excellent choice for a hearty dinner: you should add a dish of green salad and fresh bread. Butternut squash are usually small in size and have a hard peel. The form of nutmeg resembles an acorn, but if you do not find this type of pumpkin, ordinary flesh will do. It will take about an hour and a half to prepare the dish.
Butter - 2 tbsp. spoons
Leek - 2 pcs.
Onion, finely chopped - 1 pc.
Diced potatoes - 1pc.
Butternut Pumpkin - 2 cups flesh
Carrots - 1 cup finely chopped vegetable
Apple green, sliced - 1 pc.
Chicken broth - 1 liter
Dry white wine - 1/4 cup
Cream 10% fat - 1/2 cup
Nutmeg Nuts - 1/4 tsp.
Green onions - 2 tbsp. chopped greens
1. Butter should be melted in a large saucepan over low heat and add chopped leek. Simmer until the leek is soft and translucent - about 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, apple and chicken broth and cook on the fire.
2. After the broth is brought to a boil, the fire should be reduced to medium and cover with a lid. In this state, the soup is cooked for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are ready.
3. Portioned chop the cooked soup in a blender or gently bring the soup down right in the pan. After turning the soup into puree, it is poured into a saucepan and cream and wine are added. Season the dish with salt, pepper, nutmeg and simmer for 5 minutes. The dish is served hot, garnished with chopped green onions.
Recipe 3: Vegetable Soup with Pumpkin
Very useful soup without mashed potatoes with sour cream. Tasty and easy! Turn soup into mashed potatoes using a blender. Cooking time is just over one hour.
Pumpkin pulp - 1.2 kg.
Butter - 1 tbsp.
Onions - 1 pc.
Potatoes - 4 pcs.
Carrots - 2 pcs.
Water - 3 cups
Salt, pepper - to taste
Bouillon cubes - 2 pcs.
Sour cream - 150 ml.
1. Vegetables - carrots, potatoes and pumpkin cut into large cubes. Onions must be fried in butter until softened. Add vegetables and stew all the ingredients for about 5 minutes, then pour water and add bouillon cubes. For about 40 minutes, the soup is simmered in a saucepan with the lid closed.
2. Puree soup blender, trying not to splash. Taste the dish on taste, adding salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and add sour cream, and after that the soup is slightly warmed, but not brought to a boil. Otherwise - sour cream will be curtailed.
Pumpkin Soup: tips from experienced chefs
- Before cooking the fillet, you can fry in oil to give the soup a special taste, and the nutritiousness of the pumpkin soup depends on the fat content of the cream.
- If you expect to have dinner in the near future, choose this recipe: it does not require much effort, and the dish turns out tasty and healthy. Use a blender at the minimum speed so as not to get dirty, and if you do not have the knack for making cream soup, it is better to grind the ingredients in portions.
- At the end you can sprinkle the soup not with green onions, but with rye crackers or toasted cheese toasts. Watch the cooking time so that the soup does not turn into puree ahead of time.