To take the best and combine in one thing - this motto, apparently, set himself the culinary specialist, the first to prepare a cake of honey cakes with sour cream. There is no need to list the advantages of both elements, they are known even to not very experienced housewives. And try to cook one by one of these recipes is worth it, at least “for a tick,” and for another page in the home book of recipes.
Sour-Honey Cake - General Cooking Principles
• A honey-cream cake is made from honey cakes, which are coated with sour cream. They are baked thin or in the form of high biscuit cakes. For baking, use a well-heated oven or frying pan mounted on the stove. When baking in the oven, the temperature is kept within 180 degrees, while cooking in a pan, the heating level is set slightly above the minimum.
• The dough for the cake is kneaded with the addition of honey, eggs and sugar. As the ripper use soda or factory baking powder dough. So that honey combines well with other components, it is melted in advance in a water bath and cooled to room temperature, the liquid product is not necessary to melt. Butter or sour cream can be added to honey dough, which, like honey, should be at room temperature.
• The easiest and most common sour cream honey cake cream is made from fat cream and sugar. To improve the taste, cream, condensed milk, curd mass or butter may be added to it. Any cream can be supplemented with nuts or prunes.
• Make sour-honey cakes basic cream mass. They are decorated with small crumbs of cakes, chopped nuts or chopped chocolate on a grater.
Recipe for the most delicate puff of creamy honey cake
Ingredients: • two eggs;
• four spoons of natural good honey;
• 150 gr. beet sugar;
• white first grade flour - 450 gr .;
• teaspoon of soda;
• a quarter spoon “lemon”;
• 700 gr. high fat cream;
• icing sugar - 160 gr .;
• butter - 150 gr.
1. In a container of suitable volume, combine the sugar with the eggs, rub with a spoon.
2. Slice butter into small pieces, put in a small saucepan, add honey. Melt on low heat and immediately add the egg-sugar mixture, add the soda with citric acid. Continue to warm up, wait for foaming and set aside from the fire. Pour over the flour and knead the dough without delay. It will turn out soft and elastic.
3. Cut the dough into 9 equilibrium pieces, put them in a bowl and put in the cold for two hours. Be sure to cover the bowl with a linen towel or tighten the film.
4. Frozen pieces of honey dough, alternately roll out on parchment into 2-millimeter layers, and cut out circles with a diameter of at least 20 cm.
5. Bake honey cakes at 180 degrees for five minutes each. It may take a little less time to bake, it all depends on the oven. Cakes can be reached as soon as they are lightly browned. The lighter the baked pieces turn out, the more tender the cake will be.
6. Take for the cream the fattest sour cream and mix it with powdered sugar. Beat optional, powder dissolves well with thorough mixing.
7. Coating the cooled cakes with sour cream, form a cake and apply the remaining cream mass on its sides and top. Do not lubricate one piece, rub it in hands with crumb and sprinkle the cake.
Honeymoon cake with nuts - “A pleasant evening”
• half a kilo of honey;
• six eggs;
• 250 gr. sugar;
• one kilogram of flour;
• 150 gr. walnut kernels;
• a quarter of a spoon of cinnamon ground in a stupa;
• 5 gr. Ripper for making dough; • evaporated (fine) salt - 1/2 tsp.
• 100 grams of walnut hearts;
• full glass of sugar;
• 700 ml homemade sour cream.
1. Pound honey with sugar and eggs. Continuing the process, add flour with baking powder. As the bubbles begin to appear, add the finely chopped nuts and knead thoroughly.
2. Moisten the inner surfaces of the mold with a swab dipped in butter, lightly flour and place honey dough in it.
3. Bring the temperature in the oven to 180 degrees and place the form in it. After half an hour, when the dough rises well, raise the heat to 200 degrees and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
4. Cool the honey biscuit straight in the form, then remove and cut along, dividing into three shortcakes.
5. Kill the nuts in a coffee grinder or blender into small chips. Whip sour cream with sugar until fluffiness, the crystals of granulated sugar should completely dissolve. Enter the nut crumb into the cream, but not all, leave a third for decoration, mix.
6. Fold the cakes in a pile on a dish, smearing with sour cream. Coat the top and side surfaces. Decorate the honey cake, sprinkle with shelled nut crumb, and leave for two hours to soak.
Honey-cream cake with butter cream - “Tenderness”
• three eggs;
• a spoon of soda;
• 200 gr. low-fat sour cream;
• half a cup of liquid light honey;
• two glasses of baking flour;
• half a cup of nut kernels;
• 200 gr. refined sugar.
• half a liter of thick cream;
• boiled Gostovskaya condensed milk - 1/3 of a standard tin can.
• 100 gr. a tile of 70% chocolate.
1. Mix soda with sugar, add eggs and rub well.
2. Enter honey with sour cream, mix. If you have taken thick or candied honey, be sure to melt it by putting it in a water bath, then cool it well.
3. Pour in flour, add coarsely chopped nuts. While stirring with a spoon, bring the honey dough to homogeneity. 4. Round shape, with a diameter close to 25 cm, grease with oil, powder the bottom and walls with flour well. Pour the dough into it and put the bake when the oven is heated exactly 180 degrees.
5. Readiness of the honey cake to be checked by puncture of the wooden skewer in half an hour. If the top of the cake is covered with a brown crust, and the stick after the puncture will be wet, cover the form with foil and leave the cake in the oven at the same temperature for another 10 minutes.
6. Whip cold cream to noticeable fluffiness, without stopping the process, gradually introduce cold condensed milk.
7. Cut the cooled honey cake in two or three parts and coat them with cream, immediately putting them into the cake.
8. On the top, smeared with a creamy mass, rub the chocolate on a small grater.
Recipe for a Delicious Creamy Honey Cake with Curd Cream - “Log”
• granulated sugar - 140 g .;
• 2.5 glasses of premium flour;
• spoon of baking soda;
• three large eggs;
• 90 gr. any liquid honey.
• a glass of fine sugar;
• 800 gr. thin, but greasy sour cream;
• 500 gr. “Vanilla” curd mass.
1. Stir honey with sugar in beaten eggs. Pour soda and flour, knead plastic dough. The resulting volume is divided into three equilibrium parts.
2. Roll each rectangular layer of the same width, half a centimeter thick and cut into strips up to one and a half centimeters wide. To prevent the dough from being laid out on a baking sheet, roll it onto parchment. Then gently open the cut strips so that they do not stick together, and together with the paper, drag it onto the brazier.
3. Bake the blanks, keeping the oven temperature at 180 degrees for 7 minutes. Still warm, trim the honey sticks to the desired size and leave to cool completely.
4. Put the curd mass ground on the sieve into the sour cream whipped with sugar and mix.
5. On the table spread a large sheet of foil or folded with several layers of food film. Pour a little cream, smooth and lay on it five or six blanks (sticks). To make the cake soak well, leave a distance of up to 0.8 cm between the blanks. 6. Fill the stacked honey sticks with cream. Put another row of blanks on top, just pour them with cream, etc. until all blanks run out. Well promezhte top and all sides of the resulting “design” and wrap it in the enclosed film or foil, giving the most rounded shape.
7. Place the package with the cake for impregnation for 8 hours in the refrigerator. Then remove, carefully remove the packaging and decorate to your liking. You can buy cookies in the form of mushrooms and add them a cake.
8. If there is little cream on the surface of the cake after impregnation, coat it with an additional whipped creamy mass.
Honey and sour cream cake with nuts and prunes in a frying pan - “Special”
• half a cup of sugar;
• two spoons of vegetable oil;
• 50 gr. any honey;
• one third of a spoon of soda;
• a full glass of high-grade flour;
• spoon ready ripper;
• eggs - 3 pcs.
• tablespoon of brandy;
• half a cup of sugar;
• sour cream, 30% fat - 400 gr.;
• half a cup of finely chopped nuts;
• seven large prunes.
1. Add honey and granulated sugar to broken eggs. At low speed with a mixer, beat everything until a uniform mass is obtained in thickness and color. Then gently, pouring directly under the mixer whips, enter the vegetable oil. When it fully disperses, add all the flour and soda, mix.
2. Put a frying pan with a non-stick coating on a small fire and brush it with corn oil. It is desirable that the diameter of the pan was 24 cm or more.
3. When the pan warms up well, pour a third of the cooked honey dough into it, level and cover with a lid. Bake the cake in a pan for four minutes, until the bottom is browned and the top stops sticking.
4. Turn the cake over using two wide spatulas on the back side and cover again. Bake for two minutes, lay on a table covered with a towel. Using the same method, prepare two more cakes. 5. Soak prunes for a quarter of an hour in cold water. Drain the berries well by folding in a colander, then cut into thin strips.
6. Stir up the sour cream until lightly thickened. Add granulated sugar and continue to beat until its crystals are completely dissolved. Then pour brandy, add prunes with chopped nuts and mix.
7. Assemble the cake together, spreading the finished cakes with a layer of sour cream, and leave it to soak for two hours in the heat.
Creamy honey cake with butter cream - “Holiday”
• 20% sour cream - 350 gr .;
• five eggs;
• 50 gr. sweet cream butter;
• a spoon of soda;
• 300 gr. honey;
• two glasses of white high-grade flour;
• one third cup of sugar.
• homemade butter - 400 gr .;
• spoon of brandy;
• sour cream, fat content not lower than 25% - 300 gr .;
• 400 gr. boiled condensed milk;
• powdered sugar (optional).
• half a cup of finely chopped almonds.
1. Slightly freeze the butter, rub it into the chips through a large grater and add to the flour with soda. Quickly rub everything with your hands until the formation of small crumbs.
2. Beat the eggs, and melt the honey, if necessary, in a microwave oven or in a water bath and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Enter sour cream into the egg mass, add all measure of sugar and, while stirring intensively, add honey.
4. Mix the flour with the honey mixture, stir gently and place in the refrigerator for half an hour.
5. Lubricate the bottom of the thick-walled pan with vegetable oil and pour a little dough into it with a small ladle, it should make a thin “pancake”. Place the pan in the oven at 200 degrees. Bake cake until golden brown dough. It should make at least nine cakes. Put the finished blanks on the parchment table. If you put warm blanks stacked, they stick together.
6. Cut the butter and put the pieces into a deep bowl. Add boiled condensed milk and start beating. When the cream base becomes homogeneous, enter the sour cream and brandy, pouring them in a thin stream under the rotating corollas. 7. Remove the sample. If the cream does not seem sweet enough, add a little icing sugar.
8. Fold the cake, well pasting the honey cakes and sides of the cake with butter cream. Every second smeared cake sprinkle with finely chopped almonds.
9. Smear with butter cream top of the cake and sprinkle with almonds. Before serving, let the cake stand for eight hours in the cold.
Honeymoon Cake - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• To keep the honey dough from stratifying, all its ingredients must be of the same temperature.
• For cooking, even slightly candied honey will fit, if the product is melted, then cool well.
• Thinly rolled dough is difficult to transfer to a baking sheet without tearing. In order to facilitate the task, it is recommended to roll the cakes immediately on parchment, with which you later transfer them to the brazier.
• Do not much to brown thin cakes from honey dough. They do not absorb sour cream, and the dessert will be dry.
• For making crumb, it is not necessary to use baked cakes. Take any crumbly biscuits and smash it with a blender or crush with a rolling pin.