Honey cake is a cake that everyone knows and loves.
For many, its taste is associated with childhood.
Classic honey cake is made from thin cakes, coated with cream and emits an unmatched aroma, sunny and warm.
But how to cook it?
Classic Honey cake - general cooking principles
Honey is the ingredient that gives the cake cake a special structure. Without him, this honey cake is not done. And the taste and aroma of the cake depends on it. You can take any honey, but real. Molasses is not a ride.
Dough for honey cake is prepared with heating in a water bath. How to do this is described in detail in the recipe below. Next, add eggs to the mass. And here it is very important to melt the melted mixture with honey to a warm state, otherwise the protein coagulates and nothing will turn out. At the end of the flour is added and the dough is ready!
Cream is a necessary component of any cake. It depends on the juiciness and taste of honey cake. Creams based on sour cream, cream, condensed milk, including boiled, are ideal for the cake. And, of course, we should not forget about the classic custard. This is one of the cheapest and tasty options for spreading cakes. By the way, it can be both vanilla and chocolate.
Classic Honey cake: recipe with sour cream
Recipe with a batter that does not need to roll. Sour cream perfectly penetrates the cakes, soaks, the dessert turns out very juicy and tender. For the classic honey cake recipe, it is better to use thick and fat sour cream.
For cake layers:
• 0.1 kg butter;
• 0.2 kg of sugar;
• 1 tsp. soda;
• 3 eggs;
• 80 ml of honey;
• 2 cups (0.2) of flour.
What is needed for the cream:
• 0.8 kg sour cream;
• 0.2 kg of sugar.
1. Water bath. We get 2 pans of different diameter. In a large pour water and set to boil. Then we put a smaller one on it and we will heat the contents. You can use a large enamel bowl, suitable for the diameter. 2. Put butter in a smaller saucepan, add honey with sugar. Sent to a previously prepared bath and heated. Must dissolve almost all the sugar and honey. Mass will become much thinner.
3. Add soda, sypem bit. There will be a reaction, we mix intensively.
4. After a minute we remove the mixture, leave it on the table.
5. In another bowl, beat the eggs and gradually pour into the honey mass, which should not be hot. Stir.
6. Add flour, stir and ready! The mass will be thick, like sour cream, but painful.
7. On a baking tray with stela baking paper and spoon, spread the dough in the form of a circle. Thickness of a layer is 3-4 millimeters.
8. We bake 4-5 minutes at 180 degrees. While preparing this cake, smear the next. We bake all the dough.
9. For cream, simply combine sugar with sour cream, mix.
10. Once cooled, the cakes are covered with a lid from the pan and cut so that they are perfectly round.
11. We smear the cakes with sour cream, chop the grind and sprinkle the cake on all sides.
Classic Honey Cake: recipe with rolling
Another version of the classic honey cake recipe, for which you need to roll out a rolling pin. The cream will also use sour cream, but you can use any other, below there are different ideas.
• flour 500 grams;
• 1.5 tsp. soda;
• 70 grams of honey;
• 0.1 kg oil draining .;
• 3 eggs;
• 0.2 kg of sugar.
• 0.6 kg sour cream;
• 0.1 kg of sugar;
• 0.2 kg of condensed milk, can be boiled.
1. Combine sugar with honey and butter, warm up to thin the mass. We extinguish soda in it. Remove and cool slightly.
2. Add eggs and flour, mix, divide into 8 pieces and remove for half an hour in the fridge.
3. We take out the pieces, roll it out one at a time, put the lid on the pot of the right size, cut off the excess and shift the cake on a baking tray sprinkled with flour.
4. Bake for three or four minutes at 200 degrees. Cakes are prepared very quickly, you need to have time to roll out the next piece during this time. Trim just collected in a pile, at the end we bake a very ruddy flat cake for sprinkling. 5. We mix condensed milk with sour cream and sugar, we coat cakes.
6. Shred the last cake of scraps, sprinkle the cake from all sides.
Classic Honeycake: Recipe with Custard
Cakes bake for a classic honey cake, the recipe can be used any of the options written above. But we prepare custard cream, according to the following recipe.
• 8-9 honey cake;
• 300 ml of milk, can be baked;
• 0.2 kg of sugar;
• 150 grams of oil (plums);
• 30 grams of flour;
• vanilla or honey essence.
1. The oil is softened. To do this, simply remove from the refrigerator and leave to warm for an hour.
2. Combine sugar with flour, add an egg and 50 ml of milk. Beat with a fork until smooth, it is better to immediately do in a saucepan.
3. Add the rest of the milk, put on the stove and cook until the cream thickens. Remove and cool. Stir constantly, as the mass is prone to burning.
4. Beat the mixer with a soft butter and add a cool cream. At first we enter on a spoon that oil did not seize lumps.
5. Put the vanilla and ready!
6. It remains only to collect cakes and decorate, well, or just sprinkle with crumbs.
Honey cake classic: recipe with condensed milk
Another version of the cream for lubricating the cakes of the classic honey cake, the recipes of which can be viewed above. You can cook the condensed milk on your own or use it purchased in the store.
• 2 cans of condensed milk;
• 450 grams of oil;
• cakes for honey cake.
1. Beat the softened butter until fluffy foam. It should turn white and double in volume.
2. Separately mix condensed milk until homogeneous.
3. Combine butter with condensed milk.
4. Shreds the cake and the cake is ready!
Classic honey cake: recipe with creme brulee
One of the most delicious creams for the cake, which perfectly emphasizes the aroma of honey cake and always turns out to be delicious. Cream will need fatty, not less than 30%, otherwise the mass will not scramble.
• 8 cakes for honey cake;
• 300 ml of cream;
• 200 grams of condensed milk; • 100 grams of sugar;
• 1/5 spoon of citric acid;
• pinch of soda.
1. Boil sugar syrup and 50 ml of water a couple of minutes after boiling. At the end put the citric acid, add a bit of soda. Cool
2. Whip the cream into the foam, add syrup, then boiled condensed milk. The cream is ready!
3. Lubricate the cake layers, leave the cake to soak for 6 hours and it's done!
Classic honey cake: recipe with chocolate cream
The recipe is a classic honey cake for chocolate lovers. Tile is added to the cream, if desired, the amount can be slightly increased or reduced. It is better to take chocolate, in which at least 70% cocoa. Cakes bake any.
• 450 ml of milk;
• 100 grams of chocolate;
• 4 yolks;
• 0.1 kg of oil;
• 8 tablespoons of sugar;
• 1 scoop of starch;
• 3 tablespoons flour;
• 1-2 tablespoons of rum or brandy.
1. Break open the chocolate into cubes, mix with hot milk without 100 ml, and set to dissolve on the stove.
2. Yolks combine with sugar. Pound, add starch, flour, remaining milk, whisk whisk.
3. Pour the mixture into boiling milk with chocolate, stir vigorously and boil the cream until thick. Cooling down.
4. Add soft butter, rum or brandy, you can pour vanilla or leave a light chocolate aroma.
5. Grease cakes with cooked cream and classic honey cake is ready!
Honey cake classic: a recipe with prunes and walnuts
Chic cake recipe with a rich taste, pronounced aroma and mild sourness, which gives prunes. Cakes can also be used any, cook according to one of the recipes above or on their own version.
• 250 grams of cream;
• 500 grams of sour cream;
• 200 grams of prunes;
• 200 grams of nuts;
• 170 grams of sugar.
1. Whip cream and sugar into lush foam. Add sour cream, you can put a little vanilla. The cream is ready!
2. Wash the prunes, leave 10 pieces for decoration, cut the rest into strips. If the plums are too dry, it is better to soak them a little.
3. Dry nuts in a griddle, cool. Pour onto a cutting board, then roll with a rolling pin three to four times. 4. Lubricate the first cake with honey cream, sprinkle with chopped prunes.
5. Lubricate the second cake and sprinkle with nuts. We continue to build the cake, alternating layer. Chopped prunes should go whole.
6. We take crumbs from scraps, we grind. If there are nuts, then mix with them. Sprinkle top and sides honey cake.
7. Cut slices of chernoslivins into halves or quarters, spread randomly on a cake or lay out something, for example, flowers.
Honey cake classic - tips and tricks
• You can use oil creams for honey cake, but they do not soak the cakes well. But it is easy to fix, it is enough to soak them with sweet syrup. It is great for the honey cake to be impregnated with brewed and chilled coffee, but do not forget to fill it with sugar.
• How many cakes are made from dough? In fact, there is no clear rule. But the thinner they are, the faster they get soaked. But from thick cakes you can make a delicious and aromatic cake, but it will have to be greased with thicker layers of cream.
• Cut the honey need only a sharp knife. Otherwise, the cakes will be crooked, and the cake uneven.
• The more cream on the crust, the softer and juicier the cake will be. But what to do with sour cream, which is often liquid and drains? You can add a special thickener for creams or gum. Also add a little loose gelatin. And if there is nothing at all, put a little crushed cake scraps into the liquid cream. But do not overdo it. They will soften, the mass will become a little thicker.