The combination of mushrooms and chicken, regardless of the method of preparation of these products, is one of the most harmonious. They become ingredients of various dishes, including cold appetizers. Wanting to make the taste of dishes as gentle and refined as possible, cooks choose chicken breast fillets. Nutritionists also advise to give preference to this part of the bird. Of the mushrooms, champignons, which are available at any time of the year and do not require prolonged heat treatment, are the most popular in the preparation of snacks. Salads with chicken breast and champignons are prepared relatively quickly and easily, and they are nourishing, tasty and able to decorate a festive table.
Even an inexperienced cook can cope with the preparation of chicken breast and champignon salad. However, if you want to make a truly delicious dish of these ingredients, you need to know a few things.
- Chicken breast for salads is used fresh or chilled, frozen is not suitable for this: during thawing, it will lose some moisture and become dry.
- It is necessary to cook chicken breast for 25-30 minutes, not longer. The fillet, separated from the bones, will be ready in 20 minutes. Poultry meat digestion is not worth it, because it can become dry because of this.
- When cooking chicken breast on a salad, it is advisable to dip it in already boiling water, salt 5 minutes before readiness. Then the chicken will remain as juicy as possible.
- Chicken breast for salad can not only be boiled, but baked, wrapped in foil or wrapped in a culinary sleeve. A new flavor snack will give chicken fillet, fried in a pan. To speed up the process of cooking lettuce will allow the use of smoked chicken breast.
- Champignons for salad can be used fresh or canned - the choice depends on the specific recipe. You can use the frozen product, allowing it to thaw and dry.
- If the salad contains fresh vegetables, they should be added last or spread with the top layer so that the appetizer does not turn out to be watery.
- Puff salads are seasoned in advance, so that the products have time to soak in the sauce. Chicken breast does not have a large fat content - not having time to soak in the sauce, it will be dryish.
- If you wish to reduce the calorie content of the finished dish, replace the mayonnaise with sour cream or unsweetened yogurt, mixing them with a small amount of table mustard and lemon juice.
- When collecting a layered salad, do not water the products with a large amount of sauce, it is enough to apply a thin mayonnaise mesh. It will be easy to make if you put the sauce in a bag or a culinary bag and squeeze it through a narrow opening.
- Heat-treated foods should not be added to the salad immediately; they must first be cooled to room temperature. Without this, the salad will quickly sour.
Recipes for chicken breast and champignon salads are not always similar. When cooking dishes worth paying attention to the tips that accompany a specific recipe.
Matreshka Salad with Chicken Breast, Champignons and Korean Carrot
- chicken breast - 0, 4 kg;
- fresh champignons - 0, 2 kg;
- canned corn - 120 g;
- Korean carrots - 150 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- pitted olives - 100 g;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- mayonnaise - as required;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the chicken breast. Boil the water. Dip her breast in it, cook for half an hour. 5 minutes before the readiness, salt it, add allspice and bay leaf.
- Cool the chicken breast, chop finely. Spread out on a platter in the shape of a circle or matryoshka.
- Pour mayonnaise on chicken.
- Chop the Korean carrot with a knife so that its pieces become smaller, put it on the chicken layer, apply a net from mayonnaise.
- Wash champignons, pat dry with a napkin. Cut into small cubes.
- Free from peel and finely chop the onion.
- Heat a frying pan, sprinkle oil on it, put mushrooms and onions. Fry them until the liquid released from the mushrooms evaporates completely.
- Salt, pepper mushrooms, let them cool. Mix with a spoon of mayonnaise, put on carrots.
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut in half, remove from them the juicy part with seeds. The remaining dense flesh finely chopped, put on the mushrooms. Cover it with a thin mayonnaise mesh.
- Eggs boil hard boiled, put under a stream of cold water. Free the eggs from the shell, coarsely rub, put on a tomato layer. Brush with sauce.
- Cut the olives in half, spread on the surface of the salad. Where the matryoshka eyes should be, put the halves of olives. Lips can be made from cherry tomatoes.
- Open a jar of corn, fold it in a colander, let dry. Sprinkle the salad with corn kernels.
An appetizer made according to this recipe looks colorful and festive, has a pleasant, moderately savory taste, well saturated. She is often prepared for the holiday.
A simple recipe for salad with chicken breast and champignons
- chicken breast - 0, 4 kg;
- canned champignons - 0, 3 kg;
- pickled cucumbers - 0, 3 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- lettuce leaves - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- crackers (optional) - 50 g;
- sour cream - 0, 2 l;
- mustard table - 5 ml;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) - 5 ml;
- fresh greens, salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the potatoes, boil them in a uniform, cool and peel. Cut into cubes, put in a bowl.
- Drain the champignon jar. If the mushrooms are whole, cut them into cubes or plates. Sliced champignons immediately pour in a bowl of potatoes.
- Peel the boiled chicken breast, remove the fillet from the bones, cut into cubes and send to the rest of the ingredients.
- Pickled cucumbers cut into cubes, combine with other products.
- Cut the onion into thin half-rings, pour boiling water over it, after 2-3 minutes, drain the water, put the onion in a bowl with the other ingredients.
- Mix sour cream with salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar. Add the sauce to the bowl, mix the salad.
- On the dish, lay lettuce leaves, put a snack on them. You can sprinkle crackers.
It will be even easier for the appetizer to be prepared if it is replaced by smoked chicken breast. The taste of the salad will be even more piquant.
Chicken breast salad with champignons and cheese
- boiled or baked chicken breast fillet - 0, 35 kg;
- fresh champignons - 0, 3 kg;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- cheese - 150 g;
- walnut kernels - 100 g;
- onions - 150 g;
- vegetable oil - 40-60 ml;
- salt, pepper, mayonnaise - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Finely chop the cooked chicken breast meat and put half on the dish. Brush with mayonnaise.
- Cut the mushrooms into plates, onions into small cubes. Fry them in vegetable oil, pepper and salt. Cool it down. Half put on chicken, pour the sauce.
- Chop hard-boiled eggs on a coarse grater, mix with mayonnaise, put half on mushrooms.
- Finely rub the cheese. Sprinkle the chicken layer on it using about 50 g of the product. Pour a small amount of mayonnaise.
- Chop the kernels of walnuts with a rolling pin or a blender, pour it on top.
- Put the remaining chicken, mushrooms and eggs in the same sequence. Sprinkle the salad with the remaining cheese.
With a minimum of ingredients used, the salad according to this recipe is very satisfying and tasty. This is a truly festive treat that will not leave your guests indifferent.
How to decorate the salad with chicken breast and champignons
Sometimes the design principle of salad with chicken breast and mushrooms is laid in the recipe itself. Decorating a snack is always possible, based on your imagination. You can offer several options for simple decoration of such dishes.
- In order for a layered salad to have an even shape, resembling a cake, you need to lay out the products inside a detachable baking dish or a special cooking hoop. It is possible to give a beautiful shape to a salad with such a device if it is not flaky.
- Salad of champignons and chicken breast can be made using fabulous or forest themes. Having laid out mushrooms on the surface of the salad, complementing them with sprigs of greenery and ladybirds made from cherry tomatoes and olives, you will get a composition resembling a forest glade.
- You can decorate the salad with flowers from vegetables. To do this, the products are cut into thin slices and collected in a bud. In the same way they make flowers from ham and cheese. Products used for decoration should be part of the snack. The exception is the greenery, which dishes can be decorated regardless of whether it is part of them.
- With the help of chopped olives, pepper or other products on the surface of the salad you can draw inscriptions or figures symbolizing the festive occasion that brought guests together at the same table.
When serving in batches, a salad of chicken breast and champignons can be spread out on a bowl or laid out on plates using a special form with a press. Replace this form can can without bottom.
Salads with chicken breast and champignons are so tasty, beautiful and nourishing that they are often made for the festive table. The simplicity and speed of cooking these snacks allow you to prepare them on weekdays, for a family dinner or lunch.