So far it is not known when sorrel was first used in home cooking. This question is still open. The sour taste of tender leaves is ideal for preparing a variety of pastries and drinks. The most popular of them are sorrel pies and sour soup. In an incredibly juicy green leaves concentrated large amounts of vitamins. Despite its peculiar taste with sourness, sorrel is perfect for making delicious and flavorful homemade cakes. For lovers of shortbread dough, this sorrel pie is just a godsend, as it not only diversifies the everyday table, but also brings warmth and comfort to your homely atmosphere. The cake is obtained with a sweet and sour taste and completely non-caloric!
- 2, 5 cups of high-grade flour + for rolling dough;
- 250 g butter;
- 100 g of sugar;
- 10 g baking soda;
- yolks - 3 pcs.
Filling for sorrel pie:
- 500 g of sorrel;
- 50 grams of sugar.
For decoration (grid):
- squirrels - 3 pcs .;
- 200 g sugar.
1. To begin with, mix flour with baking soda and sift through a sieve.
2. Add the diced cooled butter (only from the fridge), sugar, yolks and knead the dough.
3. After that, it must be wrapped in foil or film. Send dough for 1, 5 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Meanwhile, the sorrel leaves should be cut into strips, sprinkled with sugar, mixed.
5. Roll out the ready dough on the working surface of the table, put it on a baking sheet and in a chaotic order, make punctures with a fork.
6. On the dough, spread out the prepared filling. Bake no more than 30 minutes (200 degrees).
7. For decorating baking, squirrels should be whipped with sugar. Fill the pastry bag with a round tip with protein mass and decorate the cooled cake, as shown in the figure.
8. Place it in the oven again and wait 3 minutes until the protein grid is browned.