No full meal can do without a first course. In winter, it is rich soup, soup, covered with golden circles of fat, or nourishing hodgepodge. In summer, cold beetroot, botvinia or okroshka are popular. And okroshka recipes so much that you can write about her whole book.
Each nation has its own approach to cooking okroshka. In Russia, it was almost always cooked on kvass. They poured a bit of those vegetables and products that were in the house, and then filled this cold soup with sour cream. In the countries of Central Asia and the Caucasus, tan, ayran, kefir, and yogurt served as a basis for okroshka.
Now, in addition to the classic okroshka, the hostesses invent all new recipes for this dish, replacing some ingredients with others. So okroshka appeared on mayonnaise, mineral water, vegetable broth and even chicken broth.
By the way, okroshka in chicken broth came to taste even to those who love to eat tightly and thoroughly, because it turns out to be nourishing, and thanks to the meat "spirit" even convinced meat-eaters do not refuse it.
Some housewives, having decided for the first time to cook okroshka in chicken broth, are interested in whether fat will float on its surface, because it is eaten cold. So that these fears are not confirmed, chicken broth must be properly cooked.
How to cook chicken broth for okroshka
You can cook as a whole chicken, and chicken legs, thighs, wings, necks, breasts. But do not use fatty meat for this - leave it for other dishes.
- To make the broth tasty, lay the meat in cold water. Then over high heat it should be brought to a boil as soon as possible. Foam, which will appear on the surface, remove with a slotted spoon or a spoon with small holes.
- When the broth is completely clear of foam, put salt, reduce the heat. Liquid should barely noticeably boil. When boiling vigorously, the broth is greasy and opaque.
- Cover the pot loosely and cook until the meat is soft. Depending on the age of the carcass, this will take you 40-60 minutes.
- Make sure that the meat does not digest. First, its taste will be much worse, and secondly, the broth can turn out to be cloudy.
- Take out the prepared meat on a plate, let the broth stand for a while. Strain it through several layers of gauze. Due to this, the broth will become transparent. If the broth turns out to be fat, cool it, and then carefully remove the “islands” of fat from its surface.
There are no special requirements for cooking okroshka in chicken broth. The main thing, you should not add sausage to it.
- If you do not like vegetable okroshka, put chicken meat cut into cubes or strips into it, after removing the skin from it. It all depends on what kind of vegetables you prefer. Okroshka will look more appetizing if you cut all the ingredients into equal pieces. Chicken meat can be replaced with ham or pork.
- A classic set of vegetables is put in okroshka in chicken broth: potatoes, onions, fresh cucumbers, radishes, boiled eggs and greens. And the more it will be, the more aromatic and tasty okroshka will turn out.
- Fill okroshka on chicken broth with sour cream. First mix it with vegetables and then pour the broth. If you put sour cream after pouring vegetables with broth, it may not disperse in the liquid, it will float with ugly flakes. Do the same if you use mayonnaise instead of sour cream.
- Add salt to okroshka at the very least. Do not forget that you salted broth, potatoes, and in mayonnaise also enough salt.
Here, perhaps, is all the wisdom. And now - recipes.
Okroshka with chicken in chicken broth
- chicken meat (fillet, wings, necks) - 0, 7 kg;
- chicken broth - 1, 5-2 l;
- potatoes - 4 pcs .;
- eggs - 4 pcs .;
- fresh cucumbers - 3 pcs .;
- young parsley and dill - a bunch;
- green onions - a few feathers;
- mustard - 1 incomplete teaspoon;
- citric acid - to taste;
- mayonnaise or sour cream - to taste.
- Fold the chicken meat in a saucepan, cover with cold water and cook until cooked. Remove the meat, cool. Pulp cut into cubes. Wings and necks were needed only for heat, you will not need them.
- Strain the broth through cheesecloth, cool.
- Wash potatoes, boil in uniform. Peel, cut into cubes.
- Boil eggs hard boiled, peeled. Separate the whites from the yolks. Chop the whites with a fork, combine the yolks with mustard and salt, grind to a state of gruel.
- Grate the cucumbers on a medium grater. Juice, which stands out at the same time, add flavor to the broth and make it very tasty.
- Chop greens and green onions.
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan, season with mayonnaise or sour cream, mix. Pour broth, put citric acid, mix again. Try enough salt. Give okroshka insist.
Okroshka with ham in chicken broth
- chicken broth - 1, 5 l;
- potatoes - 4 pcs .;
- fresh cucumbers - 2 pcs .;
- radishes - 5 pcs .;
- ham - 300 g;
- green onions - a thin bunch;
- young fennel greens - a small bunch;
- sour cream - to taste;
- citric acid - to taste;
- eggs - 3 pcs.
- Strain warm chicken broth, cool.
- Boil the potatoes in the peel, peel, cut into strips.
- Boil hard boiled eggs, peel, chop with a fork.
- Cut ham into thin strips.
- Wash cucumbers and radishes, cut the tips, rub together with the peel on a medium grater.
- Chop onions and greens finely.
- Fold all ingredients in an enamel pan, add sour cream or mayonnaise, mix well. Dissolve the broth to the desired thickness. Put citric acid and, if necessary, salt. Stir well again. Serve chilled.
Mistress to note
A similar okroshka can be made by replacing radish radish, sour cream with kefir, and mustard with horseradish. As you can see, there is where fantasy roam! Above all, do not be afraid to experiment.