Beetroot is a tasty, healthy and nutritious vegetable that is widely used in cooking.
First dishes are cooked from it, they prepare snacks, casseroles, salads, side dishes and make blanks for the winter.
In the summer, hash beetroot is especially popular.
Beetroot hash - the basic principles of cooking
Okroshka cook in Russia for many centuries. This dish belongs to the category of cold soups, so they cook it mainly in summer.
The main principle of preparation is the grinding of vegetables, boiled meat or sausage, followed by mixing and pouring the liquid base.
Filling is prepared on the basis of unsweetened bread kvass, whey, sour cream, kefir or mayonnaise, previously diluting it with water.
The main components of okroshka are vegetables. It can be turnips, beets, cucumbers, radishes, potatoes and so on. Here you can experiment, picking up those vegetables that you love.
Boiled meat can be replaced with ham or sausage. There are also recipes for hash with dried and dried fish. Meat for okroshka can be boiled or fried beforehand.
From greens, spices and garlic do refueling.
All components okroshka finely crumble, put in a pan, add a dressing and pour all kvass or kefir. Some people like to pour okroshka right before serving. Beetroot hash served with rye bread, mustard, boiled eggs and garlic.
Recipe 1. Okroshka with beets
- two beets;
- two pinches of salt;
- bunch of green onions;
- sour cream;
- an egg;
- liter of kefir;
- two cucumbers.
1. Brush my beets and boil until soft. Eggs also cook hard-boiled. Cool the beets and eggs and clean them. Three large boiled beets. Eggs are cut in half. 2. Wash cucumbers and peel them. Finely chop or three grated.
3. Green onions rinsed, dried and finely chopped. Put it in the dish, where we will cook okroshka. Sprinkle the onion with salt and rub with tolkushki.
4. We spread all the ingredients to the bow and pour kefir. Lastly add the eggs. Put okroshka in the fridge. If you like liquid okroshka, dilute it with cold boiled water.
Recipe 2. Okroshka with beets on kefir and sour cream
- 40 ml of sour cream;
- two fresh cucumbers;
- small beets;
- purified water - 300 ml;
- potatoes - two large tubers;
- liter of fat kefir;
- egg - four pcs .;
- dill greens - big bunch;
- green onions - 200 g;
- boiled sausage - 300 g.
1. Wash potatoes and beets. Put the beets, potatoes and eggs in one pot. Fill with purified water and cook over low heat. Ten minutes later, remove the eggs, and cook the vegetables until tender. Drain the water and cool the vegetables.
2. Rinse green onions and dill, shake off excess moisture and chop. Put everything in the tureen, salt and pound until the greens do not let the juice.
3. Wash cucumbers, peel and chop finely. Cut the sausage into small pieces. Put cucumbers and sausage in the tureen.
4. Peel and chop the potatoes, beets and eggs in the same way as the other ingredients. Send everything to the tureen, mix with sour cream and pour all the kefir. Stir and bring the dish to the desired consistency, diluting it with filtered water.
Recipe 3. Lithuanian beetroot hash
- three beets;
- mineral water;
- fresh cucumbers - three pcs .;
- onion greens - a bunch;
- four eggs;
- dill - half a bunch;
- sour cream - 100 g;
- parsley - half a bunch;
- sour milk - liter.
1. Wash the beets and cook in the microwave. Put the vegetable in a plastic bag and tie it tightly. Place the bag in the microwave and cook for four minutes at full power. Then remove the beets from the bag, check the readiness with a knife and, if necessary, cook for another couple of minutes. If there is no microwave, just boil the beets. Cool and peel the prepared vegetable.
2. Boil eggs, cool under cold running water and peel them from the shell. Crush them with a knife or grate them.
3. Wash cucumbers, wipe and chop finely. Rinse the onion greens, shake off excess moisture and finely shred.
4. Peel and grate beets.
5. Combine the prepared products in a tureen and mix them with sour cream, seasoning everything with pepper and salt.
6. Pour all homemade yogurt and mix again. Bring the okroshka to the desired consistency with mineral water. Okroshka leave in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Recipe 4. Okroshka with beets on kvass
- 200 g of beets;
- carrots - two pcs .;
- green onions;
- salted and fresh cucumber;
- sour cream - 45 ml;
- an egg;
- vinegar and sugar - 5 g each;
- bread kvass - three glasses.
1. Rinse the beets thoroughly, peel and cut into thin strips. Put the beets in a saucepan with water, add vinegar, and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes. Cool the beetroot.
2. Boil carrots in the peel until soft. Drain the water, and cool the vegetable, and cut into small cubes.
3. Grind fresh and salted cucumbers in the same way as carrots. Boil egg, cool, peel and chop finely.
4. Finely crumble the washed dill and onion. 5. In a deep bowl, mix carrots, cucumbers and egg with sour cream, add salt, onion and sugar. Mix everything thoroughly and place beetroot with broth in the mixture. Pour all kvass, mix and serve okroshka with pieces of ice, garnished with dill sprigs.
Recipe 5. Beetroot hash with beef
- liter of bread kvass;
- sugar - 5 g;
- beef fillet - 250 g;
- two cucumbers;
- a small bunch of fresh dill;
- two potatoes;
- young green onions - 75 g;
- small beets;
1. Wash potatoes, beets and carrots thoroughly under the tap. Place in a saucepan with water and set on fire. Cook the vegetables until soft. Consider that carrots and potatoes cook faster, which means you need to remove them before. Cool the boiled vegetables, peel them and chop them finely.
2. Rinse the beef fillet under the tap, clean it from the veins, films and boil in a separate bowl. Remove the meat from the broth, cool and finely chop or tear your hands.
3. Finely crumble the washed greens of onion and dill. Put the greens in the tureen, lightly salted and rub with tolkushki.
4. Wash and clean the cucumbers. Finely chop the vegetable.
5. Put all the vegetables and meat in a tureen and fill all with bread kvass. Stir and place okroshka in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Recipe 6. Carpathian Okroshka with beets
- large beets;
- cucumber - two pcs .;
- bread kvass - 2.5 liters;
- 200 g of radish;
- 80 g sour cream;
- 3 potatoes;
- 50 g green onions;
- ham - 300 g;
- four eggs.
1. Wash the beets and potatoes under the faucet with a brush, put the vegetables in a saucepan with water and cook, until soft, without peeling. Potatoes cooked faster, so you need to get it earlier. Ready vegetables cool, peel and finely crumble. 2. Grind the washed radishes and cucumbers in the same way as other vegetables.
3. Ham cut into bars.
4. Put the prepared vegetables and ham into the pan. Add boiled and diced eggs here. Stir.
5. Crumble young green onions and add to other products. Salt, mix with sour cream and cover with bread kvass. Stir again and keep for an hour in the refrigerator. Pour the cold okroshka into plates and serve to the table with rye bread.
Recipe 7. Vegetarian beetroot hash on water
- four potato tubers;
- a pinch of black pepper;
- two small young beets;
- 100 g fat sour cream;
- four fresh cucumbers;
- a pinch of citric acid;
- a large bunch of greens;
- young green onions - 200 g.
1. Wash potatoes and boil until cooked. Baking beets in the oven until cooked. Vegetables cool and peel.
2. Rinse greens and onions and chop finely. Fresh cucumbers wash, wipe and chop finely.
3. Peeled potatoes finely chopped. Large beet grate.
4. Combine all the crushed products in a tureen, pour half a liter of purified water and fill with sour cream. Salt, add citric acid, pepper and mix. Before serving, refrigerate for an hour.
Recipe 8. Okroshka from beet tops with mozzarella
- mozzarella cheese - 200 g;
- beet tops - half a kilogram;
- fresh dill;
- fresh cucumbers - two pcs .;
- sour cream;
- radish - bunch;
- green onions;
- sorrel - 200 g;
- three eggs.
1. Wash leaves, put them in a saucepan and cover with hot water. Put on the fire and cook for a quarter of an hour. 2. Wash sorrel, chop into strips and add to the pot with tops. Continue cooking for another ten minutes.
3. Fold boiled tops and sorrel into cold water, then squeeze and twist the mixture through a meat grinder. Pour broth back into the pan and cool. Put the mass of green in the cooled broth. This will be a gas station.
4. Boil hard boiled eggs. Peel and separate the yolks from the whites. Crush. Wash radish and carrot, wipe and cut into circles.
5. Cut the cheese into cubes. Rinse the greens, dry and finely chop. Put all the ingredients in an empty pan. Fill the contents with dressing and add sour cream and mustard. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for an hour.
Okroshka with beets - tips and tricks
- The main secret of tasty okroshka is to crumble all the ingredients as small as possible.
- It is better to grate beets for okroshka.
- If you use meat for cooking okroshka, it should not be fat. Perfect beef, chicken fillet or lean pork.
- Spread the yolks with a small amount of kvass so that the taste of okroshka is richer.
- Add grated horseradish or mustard to okroshka. This will give the dish spice.
- Prepare the filling on low-fat yogurt or yogurt if you want to get a low-calorie meal.
- Pound fresh greens of onion, dill, basil and parsley with salt so that the okroshka will acquire an unusual flavor.