Berry jelly is among the most ancient and popular desserts. It is prepared from the minimum set of products. If you have prepared the raw materials themselves, then it will cost inexpensive. Cranberry jelly is loved by gourmands and by supporters of healthy eating. It can be thick, like a cream, or liquid. It has a rich color, sweet and sour taste, rich in vitamins. It is pleasant to drink it at any time of the year. Even an inexperienced cook will cope with the preparation of this traditional dessert.
Cranberry jelly is one of the dishes that almost all housewives can cook. This dessert is a classic cooking. Cooking cranberry kissel is a simple process, but it has a few subtleties.
- Boil the kissel from fresh or frozen cranberries. To preserve the maximum amount of beneficial properties of the berry, it is not added to the beverage during cooking as a whole, but rubbed through a sieve or squeezed juice, using only pulp for cooking. Juice or puree is added at the last stage in order not to expose them to high temperatures.
- The consistency of the jelly depends on how much starch is added to it. About 60-80 g of starch is added per liter of liquid to produce a medium-thick drink.
- Starch before adding to the cranberry broth is diluted in cool boiled water. It is poured in a thin stream along the wall of the pot, while simultaneously stirring its contents in a clockwise direction.
- Cooking jelly is not recommended for more than 5 minutes after boiling, otherwise it will become liquid and tasteless.
- So that the jelly does not become covered with a film, it is sprinkled with powdered sugar. It can be made from sugar, grinding it in a coffee grinder.
- To add extra flavor and flavor to the kissel, you can add vanilla, cinnamon, and orange zest. Delicious turns out dessert made from cranberries with the addition of other berries and fruits.
- Kissel is served hot or cold. The liquid product is poured into glasses, thick spread out on small vases. Chilled dessert can be decorated with ice cream or whipped cream. Separately to the kissel can give milk
There are many recipes for cranberry jelly, but the general principles for making this drink are unchanged. Knowing these principles and a few basic recipes, you can experiment by creating your own versions of cranberry jelly.
Kissel from fresh or frozen cranberries
- cranberries (fresh or frozen) - 0.3 kg;
- sugar - 0, 3 kg;
- potato starch - 120-180 g;
- water - 2 l.
- Sort out the fresh berries, rinse and dry. Frozen cranberries should be allowed to thaw. Formed at this time, do not pour out the juice - it is useful for making jelly.
- Put the berries in a bowl. Remember tolkushkoy or wooden spoon. To facilitate the process, the berry can be sprinkled with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Rub the berry mass through a sieve or squeeze through a gauze folded in several layers. Juice clean in the fridge, put the cake in the pan.
- Cake pour water in the amount of 1, 75 liters. Put on the stove, wait for the liquid to boil. Boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool the broth and strain. Return to the pan.
- Dissolve starch in a glass of clear water.
- Bring the cranberry broth to a boil, add sugar, cook until the sweet product is completely dissolved.
- In a thin stream enter starch into compote. Stir the drink at this time so that no lumps form.
- Cook the jelly for 1-2 minutes after boiling, remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour cranberry juice into the jelly, mix.
Serve cranberry jelly to the table can be hot or chilled. Spill it into glasses, sprinkle with powdered sugar so that no film forms on the surface, making the drink less appetizing.
Cranberry jelly with orange and cinnamon
- cranberries - 0, 3 kg;
- orange - 150 g;
- sugar - 0, 25 kg;
- cinnamon - 1 stick;
- starch - 150 g;
- water - 2 l.
- Cranberries, after sorting and rinsing, wipe through a sieve.
- Wash, dry with an orange napkin. Squeeze the juice out of it, mix with cranberry.
- Put the berry pulp in a saucepan, add sugar.
- Cut off the zest from half an orange. You need to cut off only the orange part, since the white layer is bitter.
- Put the zest in a pan with berrycake, add cinnamon stick.
- Fill everything with water, bring to a boil, boil for 10-15 minutes. Strain.
- Pour a glass of broth, cool it to room temperature, dissolve starch in it.
- Bring the remaining broth to a boil, add diluted starch and boil for 1-2 minutes after the jelly boils.
- Enter the cranberry-orange juice, mix. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
Fragrant kissel prepared according to this recipe is especially popular with children, but adults are unlikely to refuse.
Cranberry and Strawberry Kissel
- cranberries - 0, 2 kg;
- strawberries - 0, 2 kg;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 1, 2 l;
- starch - 90-120 g;
- vanillin (optional) - at the tip of the knife.
- Berries, washed, put in a pan and cover with sugar.
- Add a liter of water, put on fire.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes after boiling.
- Strain, drain compote into pan.
- Rub the berry mass through a sieve. Cranberry-strawberry puree add to cooked compote, mix. Add vanillin.
- Bring compote to a boil.
- Dissolve starch in an incomplete glass of boiled, but cold water.
- Pour the starch mixture into the compote, stirring it continuously at this time.
- Heat, stirring, until the jelly boils.
The kissel prepared according to this recipe has a rather thick texture. Serve it chilled in the bowls. A good idea would be to decorate the dessert with whipped cream or ice cream.
Cranberry jelly is one of the most simple and useful desserts. His recipes have been known for a long time, and this treat is familiar to many from childhood. Any hostess is able to cook this berry delicacy, even if she does not have much cooking experience.