There are so many legends and tales about kissels about our people. Obviously the product was popular and loved. Cooked kissels on different thickeners long before the appearance of potato starch. The healers promised people bear power, but the health of the heroic and everything from the cup is not the drink, not the dessert. All the berries that grew in the neighborhood were added to the kissels and were known for their healing power. Well, Russia has always been famous for its milk kissels from time immemorial. Remember the tales of rivers with magic honey and honey? Not for nothing is the unstable river of milk, and the solid, reliable shore is a sour.
Milk Jelly - General Cooking Principles
• Sweet, gelatinous, slightly watery or thick dessert cooked with cow's milk. It does not take too much time to make a wonderful milk jelly. The whole process lasts from the moment the mixed components are set on fire to boiling.
• Thickness of jelly is achieved by adding diluted starch to boiling or slightly warmed milk. Unlike other popular kissels, dairy ones can be thickened not only with starch, often flour or eggs are used instead, or they are cooked on an oatmeal that thickens during prolonged heating.
• Walnut, chocolate, pumpkin, caramel, oat milk kissels - the recipes are simple, and the method of preparation depends on the products that make up the particular dessert.
• Milk jelly of various thickness can be consumed hot, chilled or warm. A thick dessert after cooking is placed until it is completely frozen in the refrigerator, spreading it out in small portioned shims.
Milk jelly: a recipe for puff dessert
• six tablespoons of peeled hazelnuts;
• three liters of any fat milk;
• 120 gr. Sahara;
• 240 gr. potato starch;
• Quarter vanilla pod;
• four spoons of dark cocoa powder;
• 1 gr. ground cinnamon;
• 250 gr. ice cream Cooking Method:
1. Soak the nuts for half an hour in water, remove the brown shell from them and calcine the kernels well in a dry frying pan. Fully cooled nuts grind in a coffee grinder.
2. Pour chopped nuts with two liters of milk, add all the sugar, slowly bring to a boil, and boil over low heat for at least 10 minutes. Then with a slow stream, intensively stirring the nut base, enter the starch diluted in chilled milk in the amount of 180 grams. Bring to a boil again and remove from heat, cool.
3. In the remaining cold milk, put the vanilla and boil. When the milk is warm enough, pour about half a glass into a separate bowl and mix with cinnamon and cocoa powder. Then cool and dissolve the remaining starch in it.
4. In the boiling milk with vanilla, add the prepared mixture and, boiling, remove the pan from the heat and cool.
5. Moisten the prepared ice-cream bowls with water and place the kissel in layers of equal thickness. Place scoop-shaped ice cream on top and decorate it with fresh strawberries or cherries preserved in your own juice.
Milk jelly: a recipe for a bright and fragrant pumpkin drink
• liter of natural pasteurized milk, an additional 80 ml for dilution of starch;
• small lemon;
• 400 grams of peeled pumpkin pulp;
• corn, surely dry and fresh, starch - 2 tsp;
• beet sugar - to taste.
1. Grate the pumpkin pulp with the finest grater. Stir starch thoroughly in 80 ml of milk. Scrape lemon zest with lemon grater.
2. Pour the remaining milk into the pan, sweeten a little, add a little chopped zest and put on an intense fire.
3. As soon as it starts boiling, slowly pour the diluted starch into it. Leave to boil on low heat for no more than 2 minutes, adding chopped pumpkin in small portions.
4. If you wish, lemon zest can be replaced with tangerine or orange, or vanilla or cinnamon powder can be added instead.
Milk jelly: simple chocolate drink recipe
• half a cup of white sugar;
• 50 gr. bitter, 96%, chocolate;
• one and a half tablespoons of fresh corn starch;
• a quarter of a teaspoon of vanilla sugar;
• four glasses of milk.
1. Chocolate chop with a medium or large grater.
2. In a separate bowl, pour half a cup of milk, boil. Then cool well and dilute the cornstarch in it.
3. In the remaining milk, stir the granulated sugar and put on moderate heat. In the heated milk, add chopped chocolate and, stirring well, wait for boiling.
4. Pour vanillin into boiling milk-chocolate base and add starch diluted with milk.
5. Boil the chocolate jelly, do not boil for two minutes, remove from the heat and cool, pouring into glasses.
6. Be sure to lightly powder the surface of each portion with powdered sugar, otherwise it will be covered with a film.
Dietary milk pudding: a recipe without starch in oatmeal
• a glass of oat flakes “Hercules”;
• one and a half glasses of drinking water;
• a full glass of homemade milk;
• 10 gr. natural butter.
1. Fill the washed flakes with 400 ml of warm water and leave to warm for a day. Then shift the softened flakes to a small colander and place a deep bowl under it.
2. After half an hour, pour the drained liquid into a small saucepan, add milk, add some salt and sweeten to your taste.
3. On a low heat bring the milk-oatmeal mixture to a boil, then lower the heat, put the butter in jelly and boil to the desired thickness.
Hot milk pudding: recipe for egg yolks with flour
• one liter of pasteurized, low fat milk;
• three raw yolks;
• a tablespoon of 72% butter;
• two spoons of sifted flour;
• granulated sugar - half a cup.
1. Mix the raw yolks with sugar and grind to obtain a white mushy mass. 2. Add the flour, mix thoroughly. Pound, until you grind to homogeneity, the flour mass should not contain lumps.
3. Pour the prepared mixture with warm, not hot milk, mix thoroughly and put on a little heat. It is important that the milk injected is not too hot, otherwise the yolks will be cooked.
4. Without letting the boil kissel boil it until thick, constantly stirring with a spoon. Then set aside from the heat, add the butter and serve hot.
Milk jelly: a recipe for a delicate drink with caramel flavor
• half a liter of homemade fresh milk;
• half a cup of drinking water;
• 60 gr. potato starch;
• refined sugar - 100 gr.
1. In a thick-walled deep saucepan, pour 50 grams of sugar and dissolve it, heating it over low heat.
2. Pour into the melted sugar milk, which pre-dilute the second half of the sugar.
3. Add diluted starch in chilled milk and, without ceasing to stir, boil the milk jelly until thick, not allowing it to boil.
Milk Jelly: Arabic recipe with raisins and coconut chips
• 150 grams of dark pitted raisins;
• 50 gr. white coconut shavings;
• liter of any medium-fat milk;
• a teaspoon of crystalline vanilla sugar;
• 100 gr. plain white sugar;
• starch (potato) - 2 tbsp. l .;
• cinnamon powder - to taste.
1. Scald the raisins with boiling water, fill with hot water and soak in it for at least 20 minutes. Then rinse well and squeeze out the remaining water.
2. Dissolve starch with 60 milliliters of cold water and gradually add a homogeneous mixture to the hot milk. Put the raisins and continue cooking on low heat, stirring constantly with a spoon until thick.
3. Pour the hot milk jelly over the ice-cream bowls, cool well and sprinkle with the mixture of coconut chips and cinnamon on top.
Chocolate-Milk Jelly: Recipe with Cocoa Powder
Ingredients: • six glasses of non-fat pasteurized milk;
• 90 gr. dark cocoa powder;
• one glass of granulated sugar;
• three teaspoons of potato starch.
1. Combine sugar with cocoa. In a glass of cold milk, dissolve starch.
2. Warm up the remaining milk and add sugar mixed with cocoa into it, slowly add diluted starch.
3. Continuously stirring, with the most moderate heating, bring the chocolate-milk jelly to the desired thickness. Then set aside from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
Milk Jelly - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Dilute starch, should be in the process of boiling the base. The previously diluted thickener will settle on the bottom and the jelly will not brew.
• Milk jellies, as a rule, do not have flavor. In order to flavor the dessert, in the cooking process, you can add a pinch of cinnamon powder, vanilla, crushed citrus zest, or any food berry or fruit essence. Food colors can also change the color of the upcoming dessert.
• Do not know how much starch to add to dairy jelly? To get a drink of medium thickness, take one and a half tablespoons of potato starch per liter of milk base. Corn for the same thickness, it will take twice as much.
• Thick dessert is better to pour not into glasses, but into small ceramic bows or wide glasses. Silicone tins may be moistened with water.
• Liquid milk dessert can be decorated by sprinkling cocoa powder or powdered sugar, if cocoa or chocolate was used in the preparation. Thick milk jelly usually decorated with berries and fruit or whipped with the addition of powdered sugar cream.