Beef, especially young, is considered one of the best and most expensive types of meat. The steak from it turns out tasty and nourishing. However, its noble taste can be spoiled if it is served with the wrong sauce or with an unsuitable side dish. In order to avoid mistakes and not spoil the taste of roasted meat, on the contrary, it is advantageous to emphasize it, you need to know well what products it combines. Garnish for beef steak is chosen especially meticulously, as this dish itself has a unique taste that cannot be belittled with an unfortunate neighborhood.
Each type of meat has its own taste. Fully versatile side dishes that fit any meat dish, there is very little. Courageous lamb, democratic pork and noble beef require different additions. If you decide to fry a beef steak for lunch, you definitely need to consider a variant of a suitable side dish to it.
- The best addition to beef steak is a fresh vegetable salad with olive oil. The pronounced acidity to the beef does not go, but the light sourish notes that only balsamic vinegar can give to the snack will not spoil it. A salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and other seasonal vegetables seasoned with them will help the proteins and fats found in meat to be better absorbed. Instead of balsamic vinegar, it is permissible to use lemon juice. But salads with mayonnaise, it’s better to serve another time: the steak is digested for a long time, so there is no point in even more loading the stomach with fatty sauce.
- The French prefer to eat beef steak with asparagus and spinach, and all gourmets who love meat agree with this choice.
- Brussels sprouts are considered another best addition to beef steak. Other types of cabbage will also work, but only if you cook them correctly, that is, bake or fry them.
- One of the best side dishes for beef steak is fried potatoes.
- Potato or vegetable puree is also suitable, but only if they are not seasoned with garlic and seasonings with a pronounced taste and aroma. Puree should be gentle. It’s a good idea to cook it with mushrooms or cream.
- Baked or grilled vegetables, small-sized corncobs, mushrooms will become a perfect side dish for veal steak. They can be served in the form of kebabs - on skewers.
- Dishes from legumes can also be served as a side dish to steak. A good choice would be green beans and green peas.
- Vegetables stewed in a sweet and sour sauce, especially braised cabbage, are considered unsuitable for veal steak.
- Do not serve beef steak with cereals: buckwheat, pearl barley, millet. From rice, too, should be abandoned.
- Do not serve to the fried beef and dishes, which include fruits, in particular - pineapples. They are suitable only for pork and poultry meat, but not for noble veal.
- Macaroni is considered the most unfortunate type of side dish for steak.
Knowing which foods fit the beef steak and which diminishes its taste, you can make a good side dish for this noble snack. There is no unified technology for preparing side dishes for roast veal, therefore, to obtain the expected result, you must adhere to the recommendations accompanying a specific recipe.
Chips for beef steak garnish
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- ground black pepper, salt - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
- Wash the potatoes, put them in a pot of water, leave for an hour. It is necessary to at least slightly reduce the content in the potato starch. So it will burn less and will have a more appetizing color.
- Drain potatoes with a kitchen towel, cut the tubers into semicircles or medium-sized bars, like for french fries.
- Heat oil in a pan, pour potatoes into it, sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Roast it on medium heat, without covering the pan with a lid, until the slices are browned and become soft inside and crispy on top.
If you fry the potatoes on a slow fire under the lid, then it will turn out soft, without an appetizing crisp, and the steak made from beef will no longer work.
Vegetable puree to beef steak
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- zucchini - 0, 4 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- cream - 0, 2 l;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes of about 1.5 cm.
- Scrape carrots, wash, dry with a napkin. Cut it into thin circles.
- Wash zucchini and cut it in the same pieces as potatoes. If you have a ripe vegetable, first remove the peel from it with a peeler, then cut the fruit in half and remove the seeds from it with a spoon. After that, you can proceed to grinding the squash pulp.
- Fold the vegetables into a saucepan, cover with water so that it covers them completely, add a little salt and ground black pepper.
- Put the pan on the fire and boil the vegetables until they are all soft.
- Drain the remaining liquid, place the vegetables in a bowl and mash with a potato masher. Add the cream and whip the vegetable puree with a blender.
When serving, try to give the vegetable puree the most aesthetic look. You can even put it on a plate with a culinary bag or salad ring.
Asparagus stew with spinach
- white asparagus - 1 kg;
- spinach - 0, 4 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- butter - 20 g;
- ground black pepper, nutmeg - to taste;
- cream - 100 ml;
- salt - to taste.
- Wash, clean and cut the asparagus and cut the stiff tips. Cut it into small pieces, about 2 cm each. Fold the pieces into a saucepan.
- Fill the asparagus with water so that it covers it completely.
- Put the pan on the fire, bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the intensity of the flame, add some salt, add a piece of butter to it.
- Boil the asparagus for about 15 minutes, until soft. Throw it in a colander.
- Wash, dry, and cut the spinach with a knife. Put it in the pan. Salt lightly, season with pepper and nutmeg, cover with cream.
- Stew the spinach in the cream for 5 minutes.
- Peel potatoes, coarsely grate, add to spinach. Simmer them together for 5 minutes.
- Transfer boiled asparagus to the frying pan with potatoes and spinach. Stir. Warm up food for 3-4 minutes.
This gourmet dish is tasty by itself, but still it is best to use it as a side dish of beef steak. This union is considered the most harmonious.
Brussels Sprouts in Cream Sauce
- Brussels sprouts - 0, 5 kg;
- low-fat cream - 0, 25 l;
- hard cheese - 50 g;
- butter - 40 g;
- wheat flour - 30 g;
- lemon juice - 10 ml;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
- Wash the cabbage. Boil the water. Salt it, put cabbage into it and boil it for 5 minutes. Drop in a colander.
- Melt the butter in a deep frying pan.
- Pour the sifted flour into it, lightly fry it. Pour in the cream, whipping the contents of the pan with a whisk to prevent lumps from forming.
- When the sauce begins to thicken, add lemon juice and black pepper to it, lightly salt it.
- Put the Brussels sprouts into the sauce. Stew it in the sauce for 5-7 minutes.
- Finely rub the cheese, sprinkle the contents of the pan with it.
- Cover the pan with the lid and wait 2-3 minutes.
After the specified time, the pan can be removed from the heat and put the cabbage on plates. It will be a harmonious addition to the beef steak.
Fresh vegetable salad for veal steak garnish
- tomatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- cucumbers - 0, 4 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- red onion - 100 g;
- leaf lettuce - 100 g;
- pitted olives - 100 g;
- balsamic vinegar - 15 ml;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
- Wash vegetables and salad, dry them with a towel.
- Tear lettuce leaves, arrange them in plates.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper; cut the pulp into quarters of rings.
- Free the onion from the husk, cut it into thin half-rings.
- Cut the olives across into 3 parts.
- Cut tomatoes into large cubes. They need to be cut with a special knife with small teeth to cut through the skin without squeezing out excess juice from the fruit.
- Cut the cucumbers into large cubes, after cutting the tips of the fruit.
- Put the chopped vegetables and olives in a bowl, pour them with vinegar and oil, salt and pepper with pepper, mix.
- Arrange the salad in plates, placing it directly on the lettuce leaves.
Laying out the salad, do not forget to leave space on the plate for steaks of beef.
Beef steak is a favorite snack of many gourmets. Garnish to him need to pick the right. Choosing a suitable side dish and preparing it deliciously, you will emphasize the unique taste of roasted veal and its noble appearance.