The “Sundae” cake is a combination of an airy sponge cake and a delicate cream, taste and aroma reminiscent of everyone's favorite dessert - ice cream “ice cream”.
It is prepared quite simply, you only need to purchase the necessary ingredients and find 1-2 hours on culinary magic.
Sundae Cake - General Cooking Principles
At the heart of the cake is a biscuit, made mainly from eggs, condensed milk and flour. There may be deviations, depending on taste preferences and the availability of certain products. Knead the dough and bake in the oven in small portions at moderate temperatures.
The main taste of the cake is attached to the cream, which is made from sour cream, cream, milk. To enhance the taste, you can add ice cream. For variety - nuts, berries.
The cooled cake layers are soaked in thoroughly whipped cream, forming a cake of the desired height, removed for 2-3 hours in a cold place.
Decorate the ice cream cake to taste: sprinkle with sponge cake, chopped hazelnuts or peanuts, chocolate chips.
1. Cake “Sundae” with sour cream
• condensed milk;
• 2 eggs;
• confectionery ripper;
• about one glass of flour;
• one and a half glasses of warm milk;
• 4 egg yolks;
• a glass of sugar;
• 15 grams of gelatin;
• 0.5 kg of sour cream (fat should be higher);
• 150 grams of powdered sugar (if desired, you can take more glasses).
1. First prepare the cake layers. Beat eggs with condensed milk, add baking powder, flour, cocoa powder.
2. On parchment paper draw the shape of the cake, spread in a mold.
3. Scoop the dough with a small ladle, spread it on parchment, spread it evenly.
4. Bake cakes in the oven for five minutes. Korzh should rise a little.
5. Baked cakes cool.
6. For cream, the yolks are ground with sugar.
7. Milk is brought to a boil, and immediately removed from the heat, not allowing "gurgling." Add the egg yolks with sugar, constantly stirring both ingredients. The egg mixture is set on fire, brought to a boil. 8. Gelatin pour hot water, stirring constantly. Dissolve gelatin in hot cream and cool.
9. Sour cream whipped with powdered sugar.
10. A spoonful of cooled cream is added to the base, after which it is whipped.
11. Cakes are smeared with ready cream. A portion is left to cover.
12. The cake is cooled for several hours. For decoration use grated chocolate.
2. Cake “Sundae” with butter cream
• condensed milk;
• two eggs;
• a glass (maybe a little more) of flour;
• baking powder;
• 2 glasses of milk;
• on the tip of the spoon salt;
• a tablespoon of potato starch;
• 150 grams of cream with 35% fat.
1. Beat eggs with condensed milk.
2. Add flour with baking powder and soda, mixing the ingredients until a homogeneous dough.
3. Bake 5 cakes in a suitable form. The optimum diameter is 22 - 24 centimeters. To do this, spend about 5 minutes at a temperature of 178 degrees.
4. For the preparation of filling cream brew cream for 2 cups of milk with the addition of a glass of sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, a tablespoon of potato starch. All ingredients are mixed and cooked over low heat. The cream should be thick. Then it is cooled.
5. 150 grams of cream whipped and temporarily set aside.
6. One hundred grams of melted and cooled butter is whipped and added to the custard. Then enter the cream, vanillin. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
7. The next stage is the assembly of the cake. Cakes, top and sides with lubricated with cream.
3. Cake “Sundae” with Cherries
• 60 grams of bird flour;
• 200 grams of wheat flour;
• 600 milliliters of milk;
• 4 tablespoons + 50 grams of sugar;
• 3 eggs;
• vegetable oil;
• 250 milliliters of cream with fat content of 33%;
• 200 grams of condensed milk;
• 2 teaspoons of powdered gelatin;
• 50 milliliters of water;
• 150 grams of frozen cherries;
• half a teaspoon of potato starch;
• 100 milliliters of water.
1. Sift the bird-cherry flour, pour it with 300 milliliters of hot milk and leave for 10 minutes. 2. Add the second part of the milk, soda, 3 eggs, salt and sugar.
3. Sift wheat flour.
4. Beat with a blender, add 4 large spoons of odorless oil and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
5. In a heated frying pan, pancakes are baked on both sides, stacked.
6. To make a cream, gelatin is soaked in water, whipped cream is mixed with condensed milk and butter cream. Gelatin dissolve and add to the main mixture. The cream is left on time in the refrigerator to get a thick state.
7. Bird cakes are treated with creamy cream and put in a refrigerator for half an hour.
8. For cherry sauce, potato starch is diluted with cold water. Frozen cherries are poured with sugar and mixed. Cherry is lowered to softness on fire, after which diluted potato starch is added. The sauce is brewed and cooled.
9. Frozen cake is poured over with cherry sauce and served at the table.
4. Cake “Sundae” with ice cream
• 0.5 cup sour cream;
• 325-375 g of plum oil;
• 1.5 cups of beet sugar;
• 3 eggs;
• 1/3 teaspoon of soda;
• 4 glasses + some more flour;
• 2.5 cups of milk;
• ice cream ice cream;
• vanilla sugar (optional).
1. The first stage - cooking cakes. Soda is added to sour cream and mixed thoroughly.
2. Add eggs, salt and sugar, knead the dough. The mass should be homogeneous.
3. Gradually add flour. The dough should not stick. Usually this requires a glass.
4. Divide the dough into 12-15 parts, roll each into a ball.
5. Put dough balls in the freezer for 2 hours, and then refrigerate for an hour. After that, roll out the base for baking cakes.
6. Biscuits are baked at 200 degrees for five minutes.
7. For cream, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and add flour, melted ice cream sundae. The cream is prepared until smooth. Pour 0.5 cups of cold milk and stir thoroughly. The rest of the milk is brought to a boil and added to the cream mixture. Cooked to a thick state. Before processing the cake, the cream is cooled to room temperature.
8. Whip melted butter separately and add cooled cream in portions. 9. Assembling the cake is based on the alternate folding of the cake and their mandatory impregnation with cream.
10. Top and sides are decorated with almond petals.
11. Before serving cake insist.
5. Cake “Sundae” with walnuts
• 450 grams of oil;
• 150 grams of high fat cream;
• 2 eggs;
• 1.7 cups of sugar;
• one and a half teaspoons of soda;
• 3.2 cups of flour;
• 185 g of milk;
• a little brandy.
1. For the dough knead 150 grams of butter, 150 grams of sour cream, 1 egg, 1.2 cups of sugar, 3 cups of flour and a half teaspoon of soda.
2. 8-10 cakes baked on both sides for 5 minutes.
3. The next stage - the preparation of the cream. To do this, use 0.5 cups of milk and half a glass of sugar. Both ingredients are mixed and boiled. Then a glass of milk is thoroughly stirred with an egg, adding a couple of tablespoons of flour, and poured into boiling milk with sugar. All cooled and whipped with 300 grams of soft butter, adding brandy.
4. Form a cake, alternating prepared cakes with cream and chopped walnuts.
6. Sundae Cake with Banana and Chocolate
• 6 eggs;
• 210 grams of flour (150 - sponge cake, 60 - cream);
• 200 grams of sugar (150 - sponge cake, 50 - cream);
• a teaspoon of baking powder;
• a glass of milk;
• 100 grams of butter 80% fat;
• 80 grams of ice cream sundae;
• 4 bananas;
• 4 tablespoons of cherry syrup.
• white chocolate bar;
• 50 grams of butter;
• 3 tablespoons of fatty thick cream;
• almond petals or chopped nuts.
1. Three eggs, beat with sugar until smooth.
2. The egg mixture is added to the milk and put on a slow fire.
3. Gradually introduce the flour, stirring constantly. The cream should thicken.
4. The cream is cooled at room temperature and about half an hour in the refrigerator.
5. Mix the butter up to a fluffy consistency with a mixer and add it with ice cream to the chilled cream.
6. The next stage - the preparation of biscuits. In a bowl, mix eggs with sugar, put in a water bath on a slow fire. Water should boil. The egg mixture is constantly stirred to completely dissolve the sugar and create a homogeneous mass. Then remove from the water bath and beat with a mixer until soft peaks are formed. 7. Add flour, baking powder, vanillin to the finished mass. Silicone spatula mix the mixture until smooth.
8. The dough is poured into a mold, which is pre-lubricated with butter and sprinkled with flour.
9. Cakes are baked for about half an hour at a temperature of 200 degrees.
10. The finished sponge cake is divided into 2 identical biscuits. They are saturated with cherry syrup.
11. Meanwhile, bananas are cut into small circles.
12. Formation: cake, bananas, cream, cake, again bananas, cream.
13. Then the cake is left in the refrigerator for soaking.
14. For the glaze using white chocolate, butter, cream. All ingredients in a water bath are brought to a uniform state. Before greasing cake icing cool. For decoration use almond petals.
Cake “Sundae” - Tricks and Tips
• Biscuit will be lush if you add a little soda or baking powder to the dough.
• To prevent a donkey cake, do not open the oven door during baking.
• It is more convenient to bake cakes in a special detachable form.
• If you do not have a baking mold for cakes, you can cover the usual mold with oiled parchment paper.
• It is better to allow the cake to cool right in the container for baking, so the biscuit will not break and crumble.
• Formed cake must be kept before serving, so that the cream is absorbed into the biscuit.