These eclairs are prepared only from choux pastry on water or milk. The ideal filling is custard vanilla or chocolate cream.
The taste of this duet is difficult to describe in words, it needs to be tried.
Custard Eclairs - General Cooking Principles
Brewing flour conveniently carried out in a saucepan with low sides. For mixing, it is best to use a wooden spatula. The liquid is immediately combined with the oil and brought to a boil. If the pieces did not have time to completely dissolve, then you need to reduce the heat and hold the water a little more on the stove. Only after this flour is added.
Eggs in the dough should be added only after preliminary cooling to 60-70 degrees. Otherwise, they will instantly roll up into slices, nothing happens. Also, do not completely cool the dough. In this case, it will be difficult to stir the mass and deposit the eclairs on the baking sheet.
What custard is made of:
• flour, starch;
• vanilla, cocoa;
These ingredients are mixed, brewed in a saucepan on the stove. For completeness, butter is added. It can be laid immediately, but it is better to soften, beat, then combine with the cooled milk mixture.
Eclairs are baked in the oven on a baking sheet at different temperatures. Cakes set at 220-230 degrees, to provoke a sharp rise and the formation of cavities. After 5-10 minutes, the temperature decreases to 160-180 degrees, eclairs are baked inside.
Vanilla Eclairs with Custard: A Step-by-Step Recipe
In the step-by-step recipe of eclairs with custard for the dough, butter is used. But you can safely replace it with margarine with a fat content of at least 70%, with him, too, everything works out perfectly.
• 0.5 packs of oil (100 grams);
• 150 grams of white flour;
• 4 medium sized eggs or 5 small;
• 250 grams of water.
Vanilla Custard Cream: • 500 ml of cow's milk;
• 1 tsp. vanilla sugar;
• a pack of oil (180-200 grams);
• 25 grams of flour;
• 180 grams of sugar;
• a pair of eggs.
1. Put prescription oil in a saucepan, measure out the right amount of water and put it on the stove.
2. Immediately add a pinch of salt. It will give not only taste, but also give light shine to baked eclairs.
3. We are waiting for boiling water. If the oil is not all dissolved, then boil for an additional minute, the pieces should melt.
4. Take a wooden spatula and add pre-sifted flour. Quickly mix it all up. Mass should brew.
5. Remove from heat. We give the dough for eclairs to cool down a bit, to about 70 degrees, it should stay a little hot. To prevent a lump from settling down, sometimes stir.
6. It is better to pre-break eggs in a bowl, stir. This will add them in small pieces.
7. We begin to pour a raw egg into the brewed mass of flour and butter. First, a few drops, then spoons, at the end, when the dough becomes thinner, you can pour in a thin stream. If you immediately pour all the eggs, stir the mass until a smooth state does not work.
8. Turn on the oven, it should warm up to 220 degrees.
9. Immediately after kneading, transfer the warm dough into a tight bag or into a special bag. We cut off the tip of the package.
10. Squeeze on a baking sheet, necessarily laid or oiled, small sticks up to 10 centimeters. Between them, the distance is not less than three, and better than four centimeters.
11. Put the blanks for eclairs in the oven. After five minutes, remove the temperature to 170 degrees and bake for about 20-25 minutes, focus on the color. It should be nice golden.
12. Baked eclairs are cooled, but not overdry.
13. Cooking vanilla cream on eggs. To do this, combine in a bowl, first sugar and flour, mix, add a couple of eggs and grind. Dilute this mass with milk. We put in a saucepan on the stove.
14. Brew the cream to a state of semi-sour cream, stir constantly. Remove the saucepan from the heat, cool the mass, as the temperature decreases, it will become even thicker. 15. The oil is softened. Add to the cooled brew of flour and milk. You can immediately fill in vanilla sugar. Beat a couple of minutes with a mixer.
16. We shift the cream in a pastry syringe or in a bag with a thin nozzle. Make a puncture on the side of the eclair, fill the cake with custard.
17. We start all eclairs with cream, if desired sprinkle cakes with icing sugar.
Chocolate eclairs with custard: a step-by-step recipe for dough in milk and cocoa cream
In the step-by-step recipe of chocolate eclairs with custard, the dough is prepared using a mixture of milk and water. In no case can not use only milk or replace it with a fatty cream.
• 130 ml of milk;
• 100 ml of melted butter;
• 120 ml of water;
• four eggs;
• 190 grams of flour.
Scallop Chocolate Cream:
• 500 ml of cow's milk;
• 2 tablespoons of flour;
• 2-3 Art. l cocoa;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 tbsp. l starch;
• 210 grams of oil.
For the glaze will need 130 grams of chocolate and 50 grams of high-quality and fatty butter.
1. Pour water into a bowl and immediately add milk to it for the dough. The recipe indicates melted butter, also pour it into the total mass.
2. Add a pinch of salt. Straighten the saucepan on the stove to a boil.
3. As soon as the bubbles go, you can pour the flour. Stir very quickly so as not to have dense lumps.
4. Turn off the stove, stir the mass with a spatula for another minute and leave for ten minutes, let it cool.
5. While you can cook the eggs: immediately break everything into a clean bowl, shake with a fork.
6. Check the temperature of the choux pastry. It should be hot, but not burning. Add to it a little egg, each time you need to stir the choux dough until smooth.
7. After pouring in the last eggs, mix the mass for another minute and send it to the bag or to the special bag. Making a hole.
8. Squeeze the eclairs onto a baking sheet. In general, the length can be arbitrary. But according to the rules, raw billets are approximately equal in width to a person’s finger. 9. Put in the oven at 230 degrees. At this temperature, the eclairs will begin to rise, a cavity will form inside. And in ten minutes we reduce the temperature to 160-170 degrees so that the cakes are cooked inside.
10. For chocolate cream, flour and starch will be used, but only flour can be taken. We mix it with sugar and cocoa, so that there are no lumps in the process of combining with liquid.
11. Add eggs to them, rub them with a spoon or a whisk, add cool milk. We continue to stir and set to brew on the stove. We interfere to raise the thickening mass from the bottom and the cream is not burnt.
12. As soon as the cream is brewed, remove it to cool.
13. Oil should lie warm, soften. Beat it up to light pomp, add brewed, but cooled chocolate cream.
14. Fill the prepared dough blanks for eclairs with chocolate custard and immediately lay one layer on the paper so that nothing is smeared with icing.
15. Combine chopped chocolate and butter. Glaze can be melted using a water bath or in a microwave. In the second case, do not overheat, every 15-20 seconds, we reach and stir.
16. Grease cakes with chocolate, wait for solidification and remove from paper. We shift to a dish, served with tea.
Eclairs with custard: a step-by-step recipe with condensed milk
In this step-by-step recipe of eclairs with custard, the filling is prepared from condensed milk. The filling is very sweet, rich and tasty.
• 210 ml of water;
• 100 grams of oil;
• 200 grams of flour;
• five eggs.
Custard of condensed milk:
• 250 g of condensed milk;
• 200 ml of cow's milk;
• 200 grams of oil;
• 1.5 Art. l flour;
• 1 packet of vanilla;
• large egg.
1. To measure the water, pour into the saucepan. Cut the butter into pieces and add to it lightly.
2. Put the water and oil on the fire, bring to a boil.
3. Pour the flour, quickly stir. As soon as the mass begins to lag behind the walls, turn off the plate. Put the dough to cool. 4. We break eggs. Stir with a fork, add in slightly hot dough in small portions. Knead until smooth.
5. We take a thick bag, shift the whole mass at once, cut off a corner and deposit eclairs through a hole on a baking sheet.
6. Send a baking tray with blanks in the oven. We set at 230 degrees and after 5 minutes remove the temperature to 170, but do not need to open the oven. In total, we bake about half an hour.
7. Beat the egg for the cream, add flour to it, then vanilla and milk, mix everything thoroughly and combine with condensed milk.
8. Put the pan on the stove, stir and brew a lot. Cool to room temperature.
9. We also soften the oil at room temperature, combine with cream. If you want to get an air cream, then you can whip the butter first, then in parts enter the milk brew.
10. Put the cream in a syringe or other device for filling the cakes.
11. We make a puncture in the cooled eclair, squeeze out the cream. The degree of filling depends on personal taste. Fill all the cakes.
Custard Eclairs - Tips and Tricks
• If the chocolate icing turns out a little, then you need to melt it more strongly, the layer will be thinner. The colder and thicker the chocolate mass, the greater the expense.
• Eclairs are not always obtained with one large cavity inside. There are several cameras. In this case, stuff the cakes on both sides.
• If there is no time to fill eclairs at once, then they need to be covered with something. Scalded semi-finished product after drying when filling with cream can crack.
• Eclairs can be spread on a baking sheet just with a spoon. Making round cakes on the type of profiteroles.