Many people like puff pastries. If you make them with a sweet filling, they will be a great addition to tea or coffee. Filled with unsweetened foods, they become a good snack for beer, wine and other drinks, often consumed separately, when you need to have a quick and satisfying snack. They can be taken on the road, to work or to school. There are many options for bun fillers for puff pastry. Often they are cooked with poultry, as it makes baking nourishing and is relatively inexpensive. Even more delicious chicken filling will be, if it is supplemented with mushrooms. Puffs with chicken and mushrooms have excellent organoleptic qualities and like almost everyone. They do not have to be purchased in fast food establishments. Much healthier and tastier they will be if you cook them yourself.
The degree of difficulty in preparing chicken and mushroom puffs mainly depends on what dough you plan to make them: from purchased or mixed with your own hands. The process of making puff pastry is long and requires at least small culinary skills, but such a flour base comes out much tastier and healthier than purchased, especially if butter is used for mixing it with a fat content of 82% and not spread or margarine. Stuffing chicken and mushroom puffs can be done in different ways, but they are all quite simple, and even an inexperienced hostess will do an excellent job with the task. The knowledge of several moments will help her to prepare tasty and delicious puffs with chicken and mushroom filler.
- If you decide to cook the puff pastry yourself, be patient - the process of kneading it can take half a day. It is advisable to mix 2-3 times more dough than you need at once, as it is perfectly stored in the freezer, and the next time you want to bake puffs you can use the ready-made semi-finished product.
- The taste of the finished products will depend on the quality of the ingredients used. It is better to knead the dough from high-grade flour, since the second-class product gives the product a grayish color and a specific flavor that no one likes. Chicken and mushrooms must also be fresh.
- Any flour must be sieved before use. This is done not only to rid it of small litter and insect larvae, but also to saturate it with oxygen. After sifting, the flour becomes light, better mixed with other ingredients, without forming lumps. The dough mixed with it rises better.
- To make the dough more layered, vinegar is often added to it, even though this ingredient is not required.
- Puffs are baked quickly, so all the ingredients that make up the filling should be subjected to the necessary heat treatment in advance.
- The formed puffs are placed in an oven already preheated to 200-220 degrees and baked for 15-20 minutes. It is better not to open the oven door at this time so that the dough does not fall off.
- If you want the puffs to brown, they need to be smeared with an egg or its yolk before being placed in the oven.
- Chicken and mushroom patties can be made from yeast and yeast-free puff pastry, but more often they use the second option, since unleavened dough exfoliates better and does not have a specific flavor.
- Onions, greens, and cheese are often added to chicken and mushroom stuffing. The latter not only gives baking an even more pleasant taste, but also makes the filling more viscous.
The technology of dough preparation and fillings for puffs may be different, therefore, to obtain the expected result, you must follow the instructions accompanying a particular recipe.
Chicken and mushroom puffs made from homemade yeast-free puff pastry
- wheat flour - 0, 6 kg;
- butter - 0, 3 kg;
- sour cream - 150 ml;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- chicken breast - 0, 5 kg;
- fresh champignons - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 0, 25 kg;
- salt - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil, sesame seeds - how much will go.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour, mix it with half a teaspoon of salt.
- In a bowl, break two eggs, add to them 100 g of softened butter and the same amount of sour cream. Stir or even whisk with a mixer to form a homogeneous.
- Combine the liquid base with flour and knead the dough. Form a ball out of it, put it in a bag, leave it for half an hour or an hour at room temperature.
- Rub the remaining butter on a sheet of parchment, cover it with a second sheet and roll it with a rolling pin so that the butter turns into a rectangular layer. Put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll the dough into a layer about 5-7 mm thick, place the butter in the center, wrap it in the dough.
- Roll out the dough to its original size, roll it up in an envelope for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Repeat the process of rolling out the dough 4-6 times with a half-hour interval.
- Wash, towel chicken breast. Remove from her skin, separate the meat from the bones.
- Cut the chicken fillet into small pieces.
- Wash, dry the champignons with a napkin, cut them into cubes of medium size.
- Remove the husks from the onion, cut it into small cubes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, put chicken pieces into it, fry them on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, fry the products together until the liquid evaporates from the pan from the pan.
- Add salt, pepper, sour cream. Extinguish about 5 minutes.
- Put the filling in the plate, let it cool.
- Roll out the dough, cut it into squares about 20 cm in size.
- Place the filling in the center of each square. Fold the layers in triangles, tightly holding the edges together.
- Whisk the remaining egg and brush with the puff. Sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
- Put the patties on a parchment pan.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees, send a pan with pies to it. Bake them for 15-20 minutes, until they become rosy.
Juicy and nourishing puff pies made according to this recipe will surely please both you and your household.
Puffs with chicken, mushrooms and cheese
- puff pastry - 0, 5 kg;
- chicken breast fillet - 0, 4 kg;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- champignons - 0, 3 kg;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil, flour - how much will go;
- egg yolk - 2 pcs.
Method of preparation:
- Chicken fillet, washed and dried with a kitchen towel, cut into small cubes and fry until cooked in vegetable oil. Salt, season, put in a plate.
- Coarsely grated cheese.
- Cut the mushrooms and onions into cubes, put them in a frying pan where the chicken was cooked. Cook them until the excess liquid has completely evaporated. Shift to chicken.
- When the chicken and mushrooms have cooled, add the cheese to them, mix.
- Roll out the dough, cut into squares. Spread the stuffing on them, form the patties.
- Smear yolks and put the pies on a baking tray covered with parchment. Send it to an oven preheated to 200 degrees and cook puffs for 15-20 minutes.
While baking the puffs, the cheese will melt and hold the filling components together, making it even more tasty.
Puffs with boiled chicken, mushrooms and green onions
- puff pastry - 0, 4 kg;
- boiled chicken fillet - 0, 2 kg;
- canned mushrooms - 150 g;
- processed cheese - 150 g;
- sour cream or mayonnaise - 20-30 ml;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- flour (for working with dough) - how much will go.
Method of preparation:
- Boiled chicken cut in small pieces, put in a bowl.
- Add grated cheese and finely chopped green onions to the chicken.
- Rinse the mushrooms, let them dry, cut into smaller pieces if necessary. Add to other ingredients.
- Stir the food with a little sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with flour the tabletop, place the previously thawed dough on it. Roll it, cut into squares.
- Place the filling on the dough and form the patties.
- Grease the patties with a beaten egg, place on a baking sheet and send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
If you do not have time to boil chicken, you can use smoked, puffs will still come out delicious.
Baking puff pastry like almost everyone. Puffs stuffed with chicken and mushrooms are always tasty, juicy and fragrant. Mushrooms are usually put in the filler, but they can be replaced by other mushrooms, preparing them according to their category.