Pumpkin is an affordable and very healthy product. It contains a large amount of fiber, vitamins, including carotene, minerals. Despite the sweet taste of the vegetable, its calorie content is low. The disadvantage of the product is one - it takes a long time to prepare it. Kitchen appliances will come to the rescue. Pumpkin puree soup in a slow cooker turns out to be tender and tasty, nourishing and at the same time not too high-calorie, it is enjoyed by adults and children. The hostess does not have to bother with the preparation of this dish - the smart device will take over the bulk of the work.
Using the multicooker makes the already not complicated process of cooking pumpkin-puree quite simple. However, in order for the dish to meet your expectations, you need to know a few things.
- There are a lot of varieties of pumpkins. The most tender, oily and fragrant pulp has a muscat variety. However, the fruits of this variety may seem too sweet. Then you can choose a large pumpkin with loose pulp, which is also suitable for cream soup. But from the hard-skinned pumpkin is better to give up: it remains quite dense, even with prolonged cooking.
- Despite the fact that at the end of cooking the vegetables are still chopped, they should be cut into small ones. This is especially true pumpkin. The smaller the pieces, the faster they will become softer.
- Not all spices are combined with pumpkin. Curry, ginger, savory, mint, turmeric, black pepper, paprika are most suitable for it. The taste of the finished dish will largely depend on the seasonings used.
- Pumpkin cream soup in a slow cooker is best cooked in the “Quenching” mode, and not using a program designed for cooking first courses. So it will prepare longer, but it will turn out more tender.
- At the first stage of cooking, some of the vegetables can be fried, this will give the dish a new taste.
- When chopping food, it is better to transfer products from the multicooker bowl to a separate container. When working with an immersion blender, you need to remember that at the time of immersion in the soup and removing it from the device should be turned off, otherwise there is a risk of getting burned or soiled by flying scatter.
- Creamy soup helps to impart cream, milk, butter, sour cream. Most often they are added to the dish at the last stage of its preparation. After the introduction of the last ingredient, it will not hurt to hold the dish in the heating mode for some time or even continue cooking in the fire mode for another 5 minutes.
It is recommended to serve pumpkin soup with croutons. It is better not to put them immediately in the soup, but serve them separately, as they quickly soak. Additionally, the soup can be filled with sour cream, sprinkle with chopped greens, decorate with whipped cream.
Creamy Pumpkin Cream Soup
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 7 kg;
- cream (can be replaced with milk) - 1 l;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- butter - 20 g;
- water - how much will leave;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
- Peel the pumpkin, cut, cut the areas of pulp with seeds. Cut the pumpkin in small pieces (about 1 cm).
- Free the onions from the peel, cut it into small cubes.
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Put a piece of butter in the bowl of the multicooker, turn on the unit by selecting the “Frying” program. In the absence of this mode, you can use the “Baking” program.
- Fry vegetables in this mode for 5 minutes.
- Add a pumpkin. Fill it with water so that it barely covers the pieces.
- Change the mode of operation of the multicooker to “Quenching”. If your unit has a “Multipovar” program, you can use it. Set the timer for 30-40 minutes depending on the power of your multicooker. If you have a hard pumpkin varieties, it is advisable to increase the time of extinguishing it by 10 minutes.
- When the multicooker is finished, transfer its contents to the blender bowl, turn it into a puree, return to the multicooker container.
- Add salt, spices, milk or cream. Stir.
- Turn on the device in the first dish cooking mode. In many devices, the corresponding program is called “Soup.”
- After 10 minutes, switch the appliance to heating mode. Leave the soup to stew for 15-20 minutes.
Serve the wheat crouton soup. They should have a neutral taste, so this product is better not to buy in the store, but to make at home. It will be more economical.
Spicy Pumpkin Cream Soup with Tomato
- pumpkin pulp fresh or frozen - 0, 8 kg;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- chili pepper (optional) - to taste;
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- water or chicken broth - 1-1, 25 l;
- olive oil - 60 ml;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Dip the tomatoes with boiling water, peel off the skins, cut into small pieces of arbitrary shape.
- Pumpkin pulp should be thawed if necessary. If it is not cut, cut into small cubes.
- Clean the peppers from the seeds by removing the “tail”. The flesh cut into quarters rings.
- Pour oil into the bowl of the multicooker, place the prepared vegetables.
- Turn the unit on for 30 minutes in Baking mode.
- Add peeled and diced potatoes, salt, and spices. Fill with water or broth. If you like spicy, put a small pod of hot pepper or a small piece of it. Start the unit for half an hour in “Quenching” mode.
- Remove the pepper. Crush the remaining products and return to the multicooker container. If the house does not have a blender, you can rub the vegetables through a sieve.
- If the soup seemed too thick, add another glass of water.
- If you have added water, start the unit for 5 minutes in quenching mode, then leave it in the heating mode for a quarter of an hour. If you have not diluted the soup, the heating mode can be started immediately.
Pumpkin puree soup cooked using this recipe can be served hot or cold. It will appeal to lovers of spicy.
Sweet Pumpkin Cream Soup
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 5 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- milk - 0, 5 l;
- butter - 40 g;
- flour - 30 g;
- salt - pinch;
- sugar - 40-60 g;
- cinnamon - to taste.
- Grind pumpkin on a grater.
- In the bowl of the multicooker in the “Baking” program, melt the butter.
- Fry the flour for 3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, cover with a mixture of milk and water, add sugar, salt, cinnamon. Stir.
- Cook for half an hour using the Kasha or similar program.
This variant of pumpkin soup will surely please the children, but even adults are unlikely to refuse such food.
Cooking pumpkin soup in a multicooker, you significantly save time. If you know what programs to use at what stage, you will be able to get a tasty and appetizing-looking dish.