Many affordable vegetables are healthier than expensive delicacies. They include the pumpkin, to which our ancestors treated with great respect. Almost every home cooked from it all sorts of dishes. Not all modern housewives treat the pumpkin with the same reverence as their grandmothers and great-grandmothers. Pumpkin dishes are not on the table in every family. The reason often lies in the fact that beginner cooks do not know quite a lot of recipes for preparing dishes from this vegetable. Do not think that from it you can cook only porridge. Pumpkin first courses are no less tasty and delicious than cauliflower, broccoli and similar products. Pumpkin cream soup is able to turn your idea of the “garden queen”: having tried it, you will almost certainly begin to include it often in the family menu.
Compared to other vegetables, the pumpkin is boiled soft for a long time, but this should not stop the cook, who wants to feed the household with a delicious and refined cream soup made from this vegetable. The cooking process itself is not a big deal, even an inexperienced hostess can handle it.
- Do not choose a thick-skinned pumpkin for making soup-mashed potatoes: it has coarse fibers and it boils soft for a long time. For the creamy soup, nutmeg varieties with delicate pulp are the most suitable.
- Given that the pumpkin prepares longer than other vegetables, it is laid in the soup first or cooked separately. In the latter case, a good idea would be to bake this vegetable - so the pumpkin will save the maximum amount of nutrients.
- To obtain a creamy consistency, the products that make up the dish are ground to a puree state. This should be done after they are sufficiently boiled loose. Formerly, vegetables were rubbed through a sieve to make cream soup. Today, too, you can go this way, but this option is very time consuming. Simplify the task helps to use a blender.
- Do not neglect the recommendations on the use of household appliances. It is often a mistake to turn on the immersion blender too early or later: when it is immersed in the liquid and removed from it, the rotating knives spray the dish.
- A thicker consistency of pumpkin soup-puree can be given by adding potatoes or making it with flour. Dilute the soup with broth, milk or cream. Cream not only helps to make the soup consistency optimal, but also gives the dish a delicate creamy taste.
- Cream is added to the soup last. After their introduction, the finished dish must be heated over low heat to sterilize it. Boil it is not necessary: the cream of this can be curtailed, spoiling the appearance of the dish.
Served creamy pumpkin soup with croutons. They can be made independently, having dried bread slices in an oven or in a pan. When using purchased crackers, it is better to give preference to those that have the most neutral taste.
The classic recipe for pumpkin cream soup puree
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 6-0, 7 kg;
- carrots - 150 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- potatoes - 0, 3-0, 4 kg;
- broth or water - 1, 5 l;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- pumpkin seeds - 40-50 g;
- cream (fat) - 100-150 ml;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Clean the pumpkin from the skin, remove the pulp with seeds. Cut the rest into small cubes (about 1 cm).
- Peel and chop the potatoes into medium sized pieces.
- Scrape carrots, wash, dry with a napkin and coarsely rub.
- Free the onion from the husk, cut into small pieces.
- Peel the garlic, finely chop with a knife.
- At the bottom of the pan, in which the soup will boil, pour in the oil.
- Heat it, put onions and garlic. Fry them on low heat until they become translucent.
- Add carrots. Cover the pan with the lid and sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Put the pumpkin, cover with water or broth. 5 minutes after the liquid boils, add the potatoes.
- Boil for half an hour or a little more - until all the vegetables are completely soft.
- Turn the contents of the pan into a mash with a blender.
- Add salt, spices, cream.
- Heat the soup over low heat until it begins to boil. Remove the pan from the stove.
- Fry pumpkin seeds (peeled) in a dry frying pan.
When serving, sprinkle the spilled soup on the plates with pumpkin seeds, serve the croutons separately.
Pumpkin Cream Soup with Cream and Ginger
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 4 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- water - 1, 2 l;
- cream (fat) - 150 ml;
- olive oil - 30 ml;
- ginger root - 15 g;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- salt, pepper, fresh dill - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it into small cubes or coarsely grate. The more you grind it, the faster it will cook.
- Remove the husks from the onion, finely chop it.
- Peel the carrots, chop them in the same way as the pumpkin.
- Cut the garlic into thin plates.
- Ginger clean, cut a piece of the right size. Grind it with a grater or blender.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, put vegetables in it. Fry them for 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces of pumpkin and carrot.
- Fill with water, bring to a boil. Boil for 10-20 minutes. 5 minutes until cooked, add ginger, salt and pepper.
- Grind the contents of the pan using an immersion blender.
- Dilute the soup with cream and return to the stove. Over low heat bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Chop the dill, sprinkle it on the dish when serving.
The soup prepared according to this recipe has a savory taste, it is pleasant to eat it in the cool season. The dish has an appetizing orange color, it turns out tender and tasty. It goes well with garlic croutons and pampushkas.
Pumpkin cream soup with cream and salmon
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 5 kg;
- salmon fillet - 0, 4 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- butter - 40 g;
- olive oil - 20 ml;
- cream (fat) - 100 ml;
- walnut kernels - 100 g;
- water - as needed;
- salt, pepper, dill, cinnamon, nutmeg - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the pumpkin, cut into small slices.
- Grease the baking dish with butter, put a pumpkin on it. Pour the remaining butter.
- Chop grated cheese, put pumpkin in it.
- Place the form in an oven preheated to 180-200 degrees, bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on the type of pumpkin and the size of its pieces. Remove from oven.
- Cut the carrots cut into small cubes or circles.
- Peel the onion, chop finely.
- Heat the vegetable oil in the pan, fry the onion in it until golden brown.
- Wash salmon fillets. Dip in boiling water, cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove the pieces of fish from the pan, divide into portions.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes of medium size, cover with water.
- Add carrots, bring to a boil.
- Cook the vegetables until they are soft.
- Put the boiled vegetables and onions in a jar of a blender or in a container in which you usually mix and beat the products.
- Place the baked pumpkin there.
- Add spices and a glass of vegetable broth.
- Fry the nuts in a dry frying pan, crush with tolkushki, add to the rest of the ingredients.
- With a blender or in any other way, turn the vegetables into a homogeneous mass. Dilute vegetable broth to the desired consistency. Salt to taste.
- Add cream, stir. Pour into a saucepan, add pieces of fish and bring to a boil, but do not boil.
When putting the soup on a plate, make sure that everyone gets about equally equal salmon. This exquisite soup can be served not only for a family dinner - it will not be a shame to offer it to guests.
Pumpkin cream soup with cream has a pleasant taste, delicate texture. The presence of several completely different recipes of this dish allows you to find an option that will appeal to even the fastidious gourmet.